27-Pain + Family

You guys...as you read, you will realise the name of the opposing team is mixed up with shutters and silencers but from now on the team the Royals were versing is the silencers...

^^^^

The match got tight as the silencers were rough and couldn't let Arthur and other players score a goal against them. It was the same with the Royals. They couldn't let the silencers score a goal. Match was really tight.

2-2

Were we getting another goal anytime soon? I observed the match and got tired. People were also down. I decided to sit down for a while. Just then, I realised that the silencers had a plan going up among them. Venom or whoever that was intentionally let Arthur take the ball from him and he passed it to some other player who passed it to Leo. The silencers were not fighting for the ball at all. I stood up. This was suspicious. I stood up and walked closer to the field. The cheer girls were next to me as well as Rio and Cal.

"What's happening? They are not trying to get the ball," I said.

"That's cause they are plotting something against the striker," Rio answered so casually like he wasn't surprised.

Striker...oh God that's ARTHUR!!!!

"What are they going to do?" Nelly asked on my behalf because I froze. I couldn't help him out in anyway.

"I can't really be sure," Rio seemed like he was just waiting for it to happen and see what to do next.

"Well can't you do something?!" Skyla spoke with teary eyes. So we were all scared for Arthur.

"There's nothing we can do," Calvin was just like Rio.

We kept quiet. Only prayer could do something.

I looked at Arthur run to the box where Leo passed him the ball but before he could hit it into the net, Venom intentionally hit his wound. Gosh! That was the third time in the same place. Arthur fell down and groaned loudly in pain. The pitch went silent. Did they even care? Why weren't they saying anything? Okay...there were some murmurs. Probably they had also realised how harsh the silencers were.

"Penult" Alex said bringing me back to reality.

I ran into the field followed by Skyla, her friends, Nelly, Alex, Rio and Cal. I knelt right next to Arthur and held his hand. I didn't care if Shawn was watching. I just wanted to make sure Arthur was fine. Venom was sent out of the match and he didn't even look sorry.

"Arthur..." I didn't even know what to say. Skyla was on the other side of Arthur. Tess was next to me reminding me that the Montels were somewhere watching and probably enjoying this.

"Daisy... I'm fine," I could feel his pain.

"No you're not...trust me, you still have a final match to prove how good you are. You don't need to break your knee in this match."

"Daisy I have to score this penult"

"No...Leo is going to do it. Right Lee?" I looked at Leo and he nodded.

We got Arthur onto a stretcher and headed out. I helped the nurse replace the bandage along with Skyla. Tess was also lagging along. She really cared for him. I heard cheering and our cheer song. Leo had done it. I squeezed Arthur's arm and he smiled. He brought his thumb towards my cheeks and dried the tears that were coming down my cheeks.

"You don't need these now," he assured me.

"I will never need them if you are fine" he pulled me into a hug. Skyla stormed out leaving Tess confused but she just shrugged and joined us.

"You are really strong Arthur" she said.

"That's what I have to do if I want to achieve my goal."

She hugged him.

^^^^^

When Arthur could walk, we went back to the field where people were cheering. We had won.

3-2

People cheered the more for Arthur and the team carried Arthur and Leo. I smiled at that. I saw Shawn slowly walk away from the field. He looked hurt. Oh God. I felt my heart fall to my stomach when I saw him wipe a tear. Shawn rarely cried. What had I done to the poor boy? I was about to go after him when Skyla said.

"That's what you get for loving a liar. Look at poor Shawn. He fell in love with you. And you just lied to him."

I turned to her. Her eyes were swollen and red. She was also hurt.  I couldn't get the courage to even talk back at her because somehow I was the cause of her pain every now and then. I took Shawn away from her. I took her fame away from her. I took Arthur away from her. She lost most of the things she yearned for to me.

"Sky... I-"

"Daisy, let's go celebrate," Arthur interrupted me and Skyla just looked straight into my eyes with teary eyes.

"Sky, you okay?" Arthur asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. It's just too much happiness for the double win tonight for Daisy and the rest of the school," she had her own meaning. I was a crying mess.

"And Daisy...are you really fine?" Arthur could tell I wasn't fine.

"Yeah. Just need some time alone. Excuse me"  I felt so guilty for the pain I had caused Shawn and Skyla.

"Daisy!" Arthur tried to call me but I continued running towards where I had seen Shawn go.

I started looking for him immediately I got out. I couldn't stop my tears.

"Shawn?!" I couldn't see him anywhere. "Shawn where are you? Shawn"

I froze when I saw him talking with his young sister who hugged him in comfort. The young sister was fond of me. She would be hurt if she found out about what I had done. I decided to just face both of them. I walked to them.

"Shawn..."

I made him turn to me and I hugged him. I didn't know what to say. He held me tightly.

"Daisy... mum...mum has left me"

I froze. So it wasn't about me. His mum had died.

"Shawn it's fine...calm down"

Sharla, Shawn's sister, was trying to be strong.

"Sharla it's okay"

She joined the hug too. I didn't even know what happened. How had she died? She was a very jolly woman who was always taking care of her children ever since her husband had died. Now what had taken her?

I decided to first put my life aside and be a girlfriend to Shawn...