4-The list

The week passed on and there were only two names on the list of which, Arthur's was not among.

I was getting scared and feeling bad. It was now Friday and I was supposed to remove the list that evening. Only two names were on the list. What was wrong with Arthur? Why wasn't he applying?

The worst part was that the STS Angels were not letting me meet Arthur. They always found a way to draw us apart everytime I tried to talk to him.

I knew there was something wrong. There was something fishy about everything. I was sure of Arthur's love for football. He would have already signed up for the try outs.

Just then, Nelly came to me.

"Hey Ms. Busy, you look worried,what's up?"

"Nelly.... Arthur ain't signing up for the try outs."

"Maybe because you have his personal book or should I say diary?"

"And how does it come to be connected with this?"

"I think he thinks that someone took his book and is trying to set up a prank for him."

"Why would anyone do that to innocent Arthur?"

"Are you really asking?"

"Yes Nelly, I am. Arthur is new and he has no shit with anyone, so why would anyone prank him?"

"Because Skyla wants to date him and you know most guys find her sexy and of high class."

"Still that can't make him think like that."

"You are not his twin to know."

"Whatever. Anyway, I am....."

"Oh my God!" Nelly exclaimed with her eyes widely open and hands covering her mouth.

I was confused. What was surprising in my unfinished sentenced.

"Nelly, what's going on? Am I....."

She pointed behind me and I turned only to see a big number of boys struggling to put their names on the list.

"No way!" I exclaimed. "This is real!"

"Of course it is Daisy! What charms did you use this time?"

"She didn't use any charms. I helped her," Skyla's proud voice spoke from behind us.

Nelly and I turned only to find the STS Angels standing proudly waiting for us to take in their news.

"You see, I'm the one who saved your ass from shame. I announced to everyone that I was going to choose my boyfriend from the new football team. And. That. Is. The. Reason. They are all struggling to fill that stupid list of yours."

I knew I owed her a thank you but I stayed quiet. Nelly was quiet too. Skyla got tired of waiting.

"Fine! Don't thank me! But you are going to regret."

She was pissed.

"Anyway, there's a reason behind my help."

I knew it. In fact, that's why I hadn't thanked her.

"What is it?"

"Isn't it obvious?" Tyra asked me then continued since her question was rhetorical. "Skyla is proving to you that she's closer to Arthur than you are."

"What are you trying to mean?" I was getting curious now.

"Listen Daisy, Arthur is not going to register on that list unless Skyla allows him to," Sera answered me as Skyla smiled mischievously.