40-Different

Why are you so different?

--------•••----------

Skyla

---------•••----------

I woke up to Arthur speaking with Alexandra. I rubbed my eyes. I stayed here all night because I wanted him to know I cared and I wanted him to love me. I needed love. Was I so bad to feel no love from a boy?

"Good morning Skyla," Alexandra told me.

"Good morning," I replied her with a smile. She had been loving to me ever since I met her.

"Hi Arthur. How are you?" I knew he hated me for hurting Daisy and framing her. I was only looking for love. I prayed he could understand that.

"I'm not with Angel so I'm not fine. Like you even care."

Like I expected. A rude answer. I hid my pain by looking away. I didn't want my eyes to betray me so I looked away and blinked my tears back.

"Arthur, please. That's the same way you almost lost Daisy. Stop the rudeness," Alexandra said.

"She deserves it. She's bad," he said.

"Then she wouldn't have asked how you are."

"She's pretending. She wants to be in Daisy's place."

"But-"

"That's not it Arthur."

We all turned and saw Daisy standing at the door. Was she defending me?

"Daisy..." Arthur's eyes lit up. He loved her so much. He was happy to see her. Why can't someone love me the same way?

"Arthur, Sky is a friend. A sister actually. You can't say that."

"Daisy what are you talking about? She-"

"There's always a reason for someone's behaviors. You can't just judge them without knowing why they did what they did."

Did Daisy know something about me?

Arthur gave up. He changed topic. "Fine. Any news from the police?"

Daisy shook her head. Arthur was disappointed.

"But I'm somewhere on finding Angel. It could be someone who knows you very well and I am trying to find out who it is. Any suspects?"

He shook his head. "Don't worry Arthur, I'm going to get her. Have you even eaten?"

"I don't want anything except Angel."

"Oh so you want her to find you dead?"

"I just want to see her."

"You will see her. I promise."

There was some confidence Daisy held in her speech and replies. It was like she knew something about Angel's whereabouts.

Arthur must have realised the same thing because he nodded. I decided to go home and freshen up and try to continue with this damn life of mine.

"Excuse me. I'll be leaving. Quick recovery Arthur."

He just nodded. Daisy stopped. "Sky wait, I need to talk to you."

I was surprised but I just nodded. She kissed Arthur before putting some food on the table for him. She then followed me outside.

"Well?" I asked her.

"We're not talking from here."

She walked towards the parking lot and I followed her. She turned to me.