5-Try outs

I couldn't believe Arthur had applied. I was happy. It was my best Friday. I was happy.

I took the list to Cal. He looked at it and his eyes stopped on Arthur's name.

"Looks like someone signed for try outs huh?"

I couldn't hide the red colour on my cheeks as I grinned at him. "Cal it's not special," I said.

"It is Daisy. It is written in your face. You like that boy. You two are connected in some weird special way."

He then left the office. I was quiet. I didn't know what I was feeling for Arthur. Was this how love felt? I wanted his friendship badly. I doubt I loved him. I was only caring.

Monday came and I waited for Arthur to come but he wasn't anywhere. I wanted to tell him I was sorry.

He didn't appear the whole week and I was having a feeling he had changed school.

My moods changed. I was cold to people. Even when Shawn got close to me, I felt it was wrong.

Rio and Cal realised I was not in my moods. I was too much in thoughts and tears. Arthur wasn't picking my calls. His phone was off. Had he changed school or was I over thinking? Troy and Nelly had tried too but no reply. I was scared.

It was Saturday and the try outs were that day. Arthur had not appeared. The STS Angels came to me. They called themselves Angels because they were cute and it was true. They were all cute but the things they did were opposite.

"Should I say good luck failing your plan of getting Arthur close to you or success in failing your stupid plan of snatching other people's guys?" Skyla asked me.

"Skyla, there's no plan I'm doing. I'm just trying to help Arthur achieve his dream and goal."

"Oh please. We all know you convinced your dad to accept a new team this year, just cause you want Arthur!" Tyra said.

"Are you guys insane? I told you I ......"

"Shut up you snatcher!" Sera snapped at me.

"Okay okay okay girls, calm down. Let's just go grab some smoothies," Skyla said.

They left. I was pissed but I was trying to calm myself down. Nelly came. I was even worried about Arthur and the STS Angels probably knew something. I sat down, head in the cloud.

Cal, with the help of Shawn and some other good players, interviewed the boys.

The second last boy was done. Arthur was next but he was absent and this was his last chance.

Cal said," next."

Most people looked my way like I kept Arthur. Most people knew Arthur was on the list because of me. Shawn thought I was only being caring to the new boy. If he only knew what was inside me. It was more than caring for the new boy.

Cal said next again but there was nothing. He glanced at me. I only looked away almost crying as I prayed.

Shawn said,"Arthur Caspian, are you there?"

There was no one appearing. I looked at the entrance to the field but there was no one. I looked away.

Cal said,"I think he has changed his mind," he looked at me as if to say sorry dear and he continued," so the...."

The entrance flew open and there he was running to where we were. I stood up like I wanted to go and hug him. He looked at me and we stared at each other before he looked away and said,"Sorry I'm late."

He was still angry at me. I sat back down.

Arthur POV

I was hurt to find out that Daisy wasn't at fault. I couldn't stare at her. I was guilty.