1

Flower. It was August 25, 1978.
Flower. Her parents' eyes met hers.
Flower. She represents all good in life.

Elodie Nova Jian, welcomed the world with innocent cries. Her mother, Yvannah Jian, had dreamt about this moment ever since she was just 14. Always loved flowers, now she had one for her own. Elodie had her own majestic touch to her soul, even though she was only born seconds ago. Her father, Thomas Jian, had less excitement than his wife to have a daughter. He preferred to raise a man. A man to follow in his footsteps. Not some delicate, feminine baby that could grow up to love all things 'girlie'. Either way, he still loved his daughter. Even though it probably isn't the kind of love a father should expect to give his child. He saw her as more of a step-child. A child that was his, but wasn't.

As she grew up, her mother told her everything about witches and wizards. Why her daughter could make her first Barbie levitate when she got upset when "playtime was over." Or, why she was able to make her vegetables suddenly disappear when her mom made her eat them. Her father, still couldn't look at her with the love her mother had for her. Elodie was oblivious to his feelings, so kept getting excited when he got home so late, from 'work'. Or when he would be sent to pick her up from muggle school, before she'd later be accepted to Hogwarts.

Elodie was currently 10 years old. Her birthday was a week away and she still hadn't received the letter. School should be starting soon, and what would happen if she didn't get her acceptance in time? She would have to start muggle school, known as 'middle school' in the United States. Elodie was American, she didn't have any said accent, and she was currently living in a beautiful 3 bedroom apartment in Inglewood, California. She was sprinting around the huge living room, waiting for her mom to come back from getting the mail.

Elodie's POV:

"Ellie, love" My mom yelled from the front door. I was already behind the wall from the entrance to our home. I came face to face with her and she smiled, it looked kind of sad. "....What?" I asked, starting to frown and sound more gloomy.
"I'm sorry I have to tell you this bad news but.." My mom took a long pause. I already knew what she was going to say, so i started to tear up. "YOU GOT IN! HERE'S YOUR LETTER MY BABY GIRL!" She said, surprising me. My heart started to beat super fast, and I was smiling again in no time. "GIMME GIMME GIMME!" I yelled, holding my hands out for the envelope. I ripped it open once my mom gave it to me. I started to read aloud:

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I GOT IN!" I started to yell

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I GOT IN!" I started to yell. My birthday was just a week away, and I already felt like an 11 year old. My mom told me that we could go to a place called Diagon Alley, which is in London, England. I've never been to England before. I kept getting more and more excited.
"Wait, mum, the owl due date is already over." I said. "Momma may or may not have called the headmistress and told her your birthday is after the due date, and that you'll be going." My mom told me. I felt even more excited.

Third Person:

Elodie was talking about it all night to her father once he apparated back to the family's apartment. He could care less, which she hated. She pushed his negative emotions to the side, because she needed to tell someone other than her mother. "Great! Now you'll be away for a year!" He said, mocking her excitement. Her face fell and she walked away. She has never been so upset. She didn't understand why he didn't like his own kid, neither did Yvannah.

The Next Morning:

"Elodie, wake up, love." The mother sang. She started to laugh at her sleeping child, locks of bright brown hair sprawled onto her 2 pillows, one foot hanging off the bed and her arms open wide, with a stuffed frog right beside her. As she began to slowly awake, her memory of what today was came back and she jumped up as energized as she could and began to run towards her bathroom to shower.

Around an hour and a half later, Elodie came out of her bathroom in a white dress that had puffy short sleeves. Her hair was in natural tight beach waves. She ran to put her favorite pair of brown ankle boots and waited by the front door for her mother.
"Well don't you look pretty." Yvannah said, marching towards the front door. Yvannah believed Elodie was truly her kid. Yvannah's eyes were the same brown color, with a little more green. Super wavy brown hair, same facial features.
"You're the one who laid out this dress." Elodie said, beginning to giggle. "Really? What great taste I must have." Yvannah responded.

The women stood in front of the fire place, almost ready to gather floo powder in their hands. Elodie went first, saying "Diagon Alley" and green flames eating her entire being. They found themselves in the middle of the Alley, right in front of the Leaky Cauldron. "We're hereeee!" Her mother said, looking around. "Pull out your supply list and let's get started." She added. Watching her daughter get the familiar envelope from her dress pocket. First, they stopped at Ollivander's because it was the closest thing they could see. As they entered, Elodie looked around, soaking in what the shop looked like. There were wands after wands, piled up and down the walls. She saw a man with white hair on a ladder. "Excuse me? Hello?" Elodie said, politely. She heard the ladder slide across the shelves and the man looked at them. He gave them a look as if he recognized them. "Hello Mrs. Jian." The man said, in a different way Elodie's never heard in person before. "Hello again, Ollivander." Yvannah smiled, looking down at her daughter. His eyes followed and landed on Elodie's. "You look just like your mother, young woman." He said. "Are you British?" Elodie said in a questioning tone. The room was willed with laughter, and Ollivander finally spoke. "Why, yes, I am. Are you American?" He asked, copying her tone of voice. "Uh-huh!" Elodie said, smiling. "We should get you a wand, shouldn't we Ms. America?" He said. "Yes please!" Elodie replied. Another little boy had just walked in, getting in line behind Elodie. She turned around after hearing footsteps, and didn't see one boy. Instead, she saw two. They were identical. She smiled at them with her life-changing grin, and turned back around. "I believe this could be yours." Ollivander said. He gave her a box and inside, was a wand that was almost the same color brown as her hair. "You should give it a flick, Elodie." Yvannah spoke. Elodie had moved her wrist around, and the wand flung itself right behind her to one of the identical boys.

"Wicked." The twins said in unison. "I believe that is your wand, Mr. Weasley." Ollivander said with a smile. "I think that's supposed to be mine." Elodie said, starting to giggle. Ollivander gave her 3 more wands, going on her fourth. This one was only 8 inches, it was more straight and had little triangles carved into the bottom half, going down to the handle. It was an oak wood color, and it fit perfectly in her hands. "I think the wand has spoken." Ollivander said, assuring the two women that the wand was Elodie's. Another woman had just entered the store, shorter looking and had shoulder length red hair.

"There you two are! Don't run off like that again!" She screamed, starting daggers into the two twin boys. "Sorry mum...." They said, looking down. Elodie laughed at the twins and they looked up at her, beaming once they heard her laugh.

"Oh my, is that you, Yvannah?" The woman asked, shocked. "Molly?!" Yvannah replied. The two women shook hands and turned to their kids, confused.

"Kids, we knew each other during our time at Hogwarts. This woman knows how to party!" Molly said, looking back and fourth between the three kids.
Awhile later, they caught up and began following their kids while still talking.

"So, what're your names?" Elodie asked.
"I'm George, and this is my brother Fred." The one on the right replied.

"Yeah, I'm Fred."
"I'm Elodie."