86

Elodie had arrived back at Hogwarts. Charleigh gave her a locket with a 'C' on it so that Elodie would think of her more. It was darling, really.

This also meant the nerves for Imogen and Cedric were put back into place. Everybody was preparing for the second task, and Harry just froze if you mentioned it.

No one really knew the second task, until Imogen was asked to be escorted to Dumbledore's by Elodie, along with Hermione, Ron, and Fluer Delacour's little sister.

It was almost 10 O'clock, why would Dumbledore need all of these students?

"Ah! Please come in, Ms. Baylan. Thank you, Elodie. Must you please return to the basement and settle for a night's rest." Dumbledore said, smiling at the girls and waving. Elodie nodded, winking at Imogen and leaving.

"Now, I brought all you students here for one risky job, but one risky job only." Dumbledore spoke. Imogen didn't know why she was in that office, along with Ron, Hermione, and Gabrielle Delacour. But she noticed she did have one thing in common with everyone.
They all were very close with the Triumph Champions.

"I wanted to ask you, Ron Weasley, to participate in the next task. You're unanimously close with Mr. Potter. As for you, Ms. Granger, we thought long and hard about Victor Krum...We also noticed you two are getting quite friendly. So if it isn't too much to ask, we need your signature to participate. This is completely harmless, nothing to fear. Imogen, you have been friendly with Diggory for ages. We were going to ask Ms. Jian for backup, as they also appear to be good friends. If you're not safe with following this procedure, then sign your name on the objection paper and good night. As for you, little one, Fluer possesses you greatly. We need both consent from you and your Headmistress." Dumbledore explained everything, except what they were needed for. What does their relationships with the champions have anything to do with, anything?

"You're probably asking what your going to be doing. We will put you under an oxygen spell, as well as an unconscious spell. What will happen is you will be trapped underwater until your champion is able to successfully free you, and once you come up to the surface, you will immediately regain consciousness." Dumbledore finally explained.

Imogen's eyes widened, an she sighed.

"Yeah. I'll sign it." Imogen said first. Everyone looked at her like she was mad.

"Professor Dumbledore, sir, there's no way. The time is limited on those spells." Hermione said, obviously terrified.

"Ms. Granger, I can inform you that for an hour you will be completely safe." He replied.

"An hour?! What if Krum doesn't get me in an hour?! I'll be stuck in the black lake for who KNOWS?!" Hermione said, crossing her arms. 

Imogen rolled her eyes with a smirk, bending down to sign the parchment on Dumbledore's desk.

"Thank you, Ms. Baylan. You may go." Dumbledore said. Imogen nodded, making her way back down to the barrels.

"What happened?! Are you in trouble?! Please don't be suspended I can't survive Snape's class without you." Elodie said, bombarding Imogen with questions.

"What! El, I'm not in trouble. Dumbledore needed me and a few other gits, plus Hermione and Fleur's sister, oh. That leaves just Ron. Ha. Okay, well, he needed us gals and one git. But anyways, we're going to be participating in the second task which is crazy." Imogen explained, laughing at her choice of words.

"Poor Ron. But, how? You're not 17 till next month?" Elodie replied.

"Well, I don't have the contract but I need to stay trapped under the black lake till Ced comes and gets me. The things I do for this bloke." Imogen said.