45

Elodie was out for a walk one night. She couldn't sleep. She walked up the stairs, but then they moved. Elodie started to freak out. "Calm down. Okay. I'll just stand here till they move again." She said to herself. She heard footsteps, like a lot, and knew it wasn't Filch. Elodie peeked her head up, and saw nothing but red hair running down the corridor. Elodie then realized, this was the third floor corridor. She followed the hair, and saw Ron, Harry, and Hermione. She followed behind them, looking back to make sure no one was behind her.

She followed behind them, until Harry got out an invisibility cloak. Elodie knew it was time to let them know she was there. "Ow! You stepped on my foot!" She heard Hermione yell. "Guys?" She whisper yelled. The trio stopped, and turned to see her. "Elodie!" Ron said, lifting the cloak from his head. "What are you guys doing here?" She asked. "We could ask you the same thing." Harry said. "Touché." Elodie whispered. "We're going to stop Snape." Hermione said. "Stop Snape from what?" Elodie asked. "Stealing! Now come on! We don't have much time!" Harry ushered her. Elodie crouched down and got under the cloak.

They walked into a room, and fire lit up as they walked by. They then stopped by a door. Hermione pulled out her wand. "Alohamora." Hermione whispered. The door opened, and Elodie tried her best not to scream. She was now encountered with a three-headed dog. "What....is...that?!" Elodie whisper yelled. "Shh!" The trio all shushed her. "Wait a minute....it's...snoring?" Harry said. Elodie closed her mouth and widened her eyes. A harp was playing as the dogs lied asleep. It was enchanted, playing on it's own. "Snape's already been here. He's put a spell on the harp." Harry said. They walked closer to it. Ron made a disgusted sound. "It's got horrible breath." Ron added. As it snored, it blew air to their faces. They inched closer, and its paw was on a trap door. "We have to move it." Harry said. "What!?" Elodie said. "Come on!" Harry yelled. The four all crouched down, trying to push the huge paw away. "Okay..push." Harry said, as if they weren't already. They grunted, trying their best not to wake up the animal. They lifted up the trap door, and looked inside. "I'll go first. Don't go until I give you a sign. If something bad happens, get, yourselves, out!" Harry said. He squinted, and added, "Does it seem a bit...quiet to you?" "The harp!" Hermione said. "It stopped playing." Elodie added. They all turned around. Ron felt something on his shoulder, and when he saw what it was, he made an even louder disgusted sound. "Yuck!" Ron yelled. They all looked up, and saw the three headed dog was now starring back at them. Wide awake. "JUMP!" Harry yelled, and they all went down the trap door.

They landed, and fell into a pit of Devil's Snare. "Woah." Ron said, half smiling. Then, they felt the plant wrap around them. Ron and Harry started to struggle. "Stop moving!" Hermione yelled. "Both of you, stop. This is devil's snare. You have to relax. If you don't, it'll only kill you faster." Elodie said. "KILL US FASTER? Oh, NOW I CAN RELAX!" Ron yelled, grabbing onto the plant and struggling. Elodie rolled her eyes, and Hermione gave him a sarcastic smile. Elodie and Hermione fell through the plant, dropping to the floor. When Harry and Ron saw, they started screaming. "HERMIONE! ELODIE!"

"NOW WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO?!" Ron yelled. "Just relax!" Elodie yelled. "ELODIE, WHERE ARE YOU?" Harry yelled back. "Do what she said!" Hermione yelled. "Trust us!" They said in unison.

Harry closed his eyes, relaxing as best as he could. He fell through, the same way the girls did. "AHHHH! HARRY!" Ron yelled. Harry fell to the ground. "Are you okay?" Elodie asked, helping him up. "Yeah-yeah I'm fine." Harry replied. "HEEEELP!" Ron yelled. "He's not relaxing, is he?" Hermione asked. "Apparently not." Harry replied. "We've got to do something!" Hermione said.

That's it, in herbology, Professor Sprout taught them about devils snare in first year. It all came back to Elodie, and she grabbed her wand.

"Stand back, Devil's snare hates sunlight." Elodie said. "That's it!" Hermione said. "Lumos Solem!" Elodie yelled, and a bunch of sunlight produced from the tip of her wand. It hit the plant, and released Ron. He fell right through, the hard ground breaking his fall.

"RON! Are you okay?" Elodie asked. She wouldn't know how to explain this one to Molly if he were to get seriously injured. "Whoo! Luckily we didn't panic!" Ron said. Elodie looked at him like what he just said was the dumbest thing. "No, you're lucky Elodie has already been through herbology." Harry replied.

They all turned their heads, and Hermione asked what that was. "I don't know. Sounds like wings." Harry replied. They walked through another door, and inside was another room filled with keys with wings. They were all enchanted to look like birds. "Curious. I've never seen birds like these." Hermione said. "They're not birds. They're keys." Elodie replied, in more of a questioning tone. "And I'll bet one of them fits that door." Harry added, as they all turned to see another door. There was a broomstick floating waist level to them, and Hermione asked what this was all about. "I don't know." Harry whispered back. Ron grabbed his wand, walking towards the door. Elodie followed, and one after the other they were all standing by the door, except for Harry.

"Strange." He whispered to himself, touching the broom. "Alohamora!" Ron yelled, but the lock didn't budge this time. "Well...it was worth a try." Ron said. "Ughh what are we going to do? There must be a thousand keys up there." Hermione said, getting frustrated. "Maybe look for a big old fashioned one. Probably rusty like the handle." Ron said. "Look! I see it! Harry, it's the one with a broken wing." Elodie said, pointing to it. "What's wrong, Harry?" Hermione asked. "It's too simple." He replied.
"OH GO ON HARRY! If Snape could catch it on that old broomstick, YOU can!" Ron yelled. "Yeah! You're the youngest seeker in the century!" Elodie added. Harry shook his head in agreement. He put one hand on the broom, and all the keys started to fly towards him. "Well that complicates things.."Elodie said to Ron and Hermione.

"Catch the key!" Harry yelled, throwing it to Elodie. She grabbed it, and went to unlock the door. "HURRY UP!" Ron screamed. Elodie turned back, looking at the bird-like keys chase Harry some more. The door opened, and Elodie and Hermione held it open for Harry to just fly through. Once he did, they shut the door as fast as they could, hearing the keys fly right into it.

They opened another door, and in another room it was dark. They couldn't really see anything. They saw stone figures, and walked slowly towards them. "I don't like this." Elodie said. "I don't like this at all." Hermione added. "Where are we?" Harry asked. "Graveyard?" Harry said. "This is no graveyard..." Ron said, walking forward. "It's a chessboard." He added. All the lights in the room had faded on, and revealed the life sized wizard chessboard in front of them. "There's the door!" Elodie said, pointing to it on the other side of the board. They started to jog towards it, only to be blocked by the pieces coming to life. Real swords were pulled out, and the kids all stepped back. Elodie thought she was going to have a panic attack.

As they got further from the side the door was on, the pieces but the swords back down. "Now what do we do?" Hermione asked. "It's obvious, isn't it? We gotta play our way across the room." Ron said. "W-WHAT?!?" Elodie asked, feeling her breathing go faster. Hermione hugged the hufflepuff, and Ron gave her a sympathetic look. "Alright, Harry, you take the empty bishops square. Hermione, you'll be the queens side castle. Elodie, you stand on the empty square in front of Harry. As for me, I'll be a knight." Ron said.

They walked to their formations, ready for the next move. "What happens now?" Hermione asked. "White moves first, doesn't it?" Elodie asked, tears in her eyes. Ron nodded. "And then, we play." He added. They heard moving, indicating that white was taking its move. "Ron...you don't think this is gonna be like..real wizards chess...do you?" Elodie asked. Ron thought about it, and moved a sacrifice piece just to be sure. "You there, D5!" Ron called out. The black piece moved, and waited for something to happen. Just then, the white piece pulled out its sword like how it did moments ago on the children, and smashed the black to pieces. The loud explosion made Elodie cover her chest, trying to control her breathing.

"Yes, Elodie. I think this is gonna be, exactly like wizards chess." Ron replied. Elodie felt herself slow her breathing down. She was with other students who were clever enough to figure it out.