63

As Elodie circled the first and second floors of Hogwarts, the thought of Fred saying, or yelling, he loved her kept replaying in her mind. It made her cheeks and nose turn a pink honey glow. She didn't say it back because he was already saying the password to the fat lady, walking in. He didn't even look back. Elodie would tell him, of course, she just didn't know when or how.

This year, the professor for Care of Magical Creatures was none other than Rubeus Hagrid. Elodie was asked by Hagrid to help him teach about the Hyppogriff today. Elodie wore her hair in a high ponytail, and put on a purple tank top. Hagrid gave her permission to dress out of robes for his class, just so she can demonstrate how to ride it, how to feed it, and most likely how to approach it. She also wore a pair of jean shorts that went down to her knees.

She made it down to the forest, and Hagrid was about to go and meet the students at his hut to take them down to the forest.
"'Ello, Elodie! I'll be back, gotta go get those ruddy students. Thanks again, ya know, 'fer helpin me out." Hagrid said, walking up to his hut. "No problem." Elodie called out. She saw the hyppogriff, and smiled. It tilted his head a little, not seeming to have the aggressive expression anymore.

"Right! You kids gather 'round Elodie, and pay close attention. Ya wouldn't want to miss this." Hagrid yelled, bringing them around Elodie.

"Um.. hey everyone!" Elodie called out. She saw the trio, as well as Draco. I guess Draco and his goons made fun of Harry and the issue on the train with the dementors. Hermione grabbed Harry's shoulder, pulling him away and giving Draco a disgusted look.

 Hermione grabbed Harry's shoulder, pulling him away and giving Draco a disgusted look

"Okay, um, enough of that. Hagrid told me to come out and teach you about this hyppogriff. I'm sort of experienced. I have read all about them, and even have one of my own at home." Elodie said.
" 'Is name is Buckbeak!" Hagrid proudly said. Elodie smiled.
"Buckbeak is, hopefully, going to be your friend by the end of this class." Elodie said. "Such a freak, thinking a bird with wings is gonna become a friend? Huh. Pathetic. Such a dim witted girl, I don't want to go anywhere near her and her stupid filthy creatures." Draco spat.

Ron looked over at him, giving him the side eye. "What, Weaslebee?" Draco said.

"I don't suppose you would like to go first, Malfoy?" Elodie asked. "Who cares? It's not harmless." Draco said. "That's what I thought." Elodie spat. 

"Okay, first you bow down to it from a distance." Elodie said. She took a few steps, bowing down to it. "Then you wait for him to bow back, like that." Elodie said, watching as the creature bowed down to her.

"Right! Go up to 'im, Elodie. He should allow you to." Hagrid said.
"But before I need to see if he'll let me go up to him." Elodie said to Hagrid. He nodded at her. She stuck her hand out, seeing if he would come to her. He did, and Elodie smiled. Hagrid started clapping. "Very well done!" Hagrid said. "Now, who's turn is it?" Hagrid asked. The class all took a step back, except Harry who didn't get the memo.

"Harry! Well done, come on up." Hagrid said. Harry took of his robe cloak, and bowed down to him.

Harry and Buckbeak got along well, he even flew on Buckbeak. Once the hyppogriff returned with Harry, Draco dropped his stuff, aggressively walking up to the creature.

"Draco, STOP!" Elodie yelled. "Malfoy! WHAT'DYA THINK YER DOIN?" Hagrid yelled. "You're not so mean, are you?" Draco spat, still walking up to the creature. Elodie sensed Buckbeak get offended, and was about to attack. "Draco, move!" Elodie said, pushing Draco out of the way. Buckbeak didn't see Elodie take Draco's spot, and scratched her. Elodie fell to the floor.

"BUCKBEAK! ELODIE!" Hagrid yelled, throwing a dead possum for Buckbeak to chase after, running up to Elodie.
"Are ya okay?" Hagrid asked. "Yeah, I think so." Elodie said. She tried to stand, but the scratch on her leg was deeper than anticipated.

"It's all your fault! My father will hear about this!" Draco said. "YOU KNOW WHAT? I just took a Hyppogriff injury for you. You're lucky I don't tell your father before you have the chance to tell him anything yourself." Elodie told him off, she spoke so fast, her chest was now heaving and she ran out of air. She looked at him in disappointment and a bit of sadness.

 She looked at him in disappointment and a bit of sadness

"Hagrid, I-I can't walk." Elodie said, a single tear coming out of her eye. "I gotcha." Hagrid said, picking up the small girl in his arms, carrying her to the hospital.
"CLASS DISMISSED!" Hagrid yelled for the other students.

"Nice job, Malfoy." Ron said, bumping his shoulder into Draco. A part of him felt horrible. Really horrible. He just couldn't ruin his reputation.

Elodie laid in the hospital wing, cast on her calf. She was reading a muggle studies book, when she heard loud footsteps enter.

"Where is she? Where's my girl?" She heard yelling.
Elodie softly smiled up at the ceiling.
"I'm right here." She said. Fred and George ran up to her hospital bed, Fred showing a little more worries than George.

"How are you feeling, Ellie?" He said softly. "Hi, Georgie." She ignored Fred, looking over at George. "Hey El." George said with a smile. She turned back to Fred, who was slightly annoyed that she pushed his question away.

Elodie gave him a reassuring look. "I'm fine. I'll be out by tomorrow." Elodie said. He grabbed her hand, bringing it up to his mouth and kissing it.
They smiled at each other, and the twins had to go to lunch. "I'll bring you back some chicken wings." Fred said, winking and exiting.

As Elodie lied there, trying to sleep, she felt someone's presence in the room. She turned her head, to see Draco standing there. She tensed up. "What do you want?" Elodie asked. It wasn't like her to hate anybody, but Malfoy definitely pushed it.

"I came here cause everyone finally went to sleep, and the Slytherin prefect is out tonight so he let me sneak up here. I came to apologize." Draco said.
"Thank you. Goodnight." Elodie said, turning back to her book.
"I mean it. My actions were foul. As well as my words." Elodie turned back to him, realizing he was holding his hands from shaking, this was a sincere apology. She softly smiled.
"Thank you." She said again. He walked out, feeling a bit better. He smiled, but then realized what he was doing and ran back to the common room.