57

Elodie walked the twins to Gryffindor practice, wishing them a good luck. This week's game was against her own house, and Cedric has recently been re-elected as Hufflepuff's captain. It was going to be a wild game. Oliver would rather die than lose.

The game had finally arrived, and Elodie went to their tent like she always did before games, to wish them a good luck. But, today, she hear Oliver give a speech. She wanted to listen without getting caught, so she turned into a hedgehog for it.

"Alright, listen up. We play our game, Hufflepuff doesn't stand a chance. We're stronger, quicker, and smarter." Wood said.
"And not to mention, they're dead scared that Harry will petrify them if they fly anywhere near him!" George said smirking, as they walked out of the tent. "Well, that, too." Oliver agreed. They all walked, and Elodie curled into a ball trying not to be seen. She failed, because Fred was all the way in the back of the line and he picked her up in his hands.
"Spying on us, eh?" Fred asked, flashing his famous Weasley smile at her. She changed back, so now her hand was being held by his. "Just wanted to hear the good stuff." Elodie said, walking him out to the field. "Now that your leaf thingy is gone, I can do this." Fred said, as he stole a quick peck from Elodie. Her nose turned red, and she smiled, walking to the field.

"Professor Mcgonagall." Oliver greeted. She walked up to the team. "This match has been canceled." She said. "They can't cancel quidditch." Oliver said. "Silence, Wood. You and your teammates will go to Gryffindor tower. Now." Mcgonagall said. They sighed, and started walking the opposite direction of the field. "Potter, you and I will find Mr. Weasley. There's something the both of you have to see." She said. Harry got worried. Mcgonagall rushed him and Ron into the hospital wing.
"I warn you, this could be a wee bit of a shock." She said.
There she was. They walked up to the hospital bed. "Hermione..." Ron breathed out. "She was found near the library. Along with this." Mcgonagall said, pulling out a wand from the side table. "Does it mean anything to either of you?" She asked the boys. "No." Harry replied.

Elodie ran into the hospital wing, along with George and Fred. "Harry? Ron?" Elodie called out. They turned around, and Elodie ran up to her bed. "Oh, Hermione." Elodie breathlessly said. She walked up to her petrified body, grabbing the hand that was sticking up. Elodie was about to cry, until Fred hugged her side. "I'm sorry, mates." Fred said, looking at Ron and Harry. They nodded, and Fred turned to press a kiss on Elodie's cheek. She didn't mean to send him the wrong impression, but Elodie tugged away from Fred. George put a hand on his shoulder, holding back a laugh. "Shut up." Fred said.

"Can I have your attention please." Spout called out, gathering the Hufflepuffs in the common room. "Because of recent events, these new rules will be put into effect, immediately.
-All students will return to their house common rooms by 6:00 every evening,
-All students will be escorted to classes by a teacher,
-NO EXCEPTIONS." Professor Sprout said. "I should tell you this, unless the corporate behind these attacks is caught, it is likely the school will be closing." She said, walking out of the barrels.
"Imogen, I've gotta go talk to Harry about this." Elodie said. "No. You've been distant this entire term. Will it ever be us two this year? What if you go out there and become one of those students in the hospital?" Imogen defended. "Gen, I-" Elodie replied, but couldn't. "I just want you to be safe, El." Imogen said, walking away.

Harry thought the exact same thing of including Elodie in on things. He asked her to follow him at dinner, while Ron was waiting outside the Great Hall waiting with Harry's dad's cloak. "We need to go talk to Hagrid." Harry whispered. "But didn't Mcgonagall tell Gryffindor that we can't be out passed 6:00?" Elodie whispered back. "Yes, but that's why I've got my dad's cloak." Harry replied, slipping under the invisibility cloak. Elodie gave in, and they were now on their way to the tiny hut near the woods.

They must've startled Hagrid, because when he opened the door, he was carrying a cross bow. "Who's there? I said who's there? Hello?" Hagrid said. The three took the cloak off, revealing themselves to the giant.
"What's that for?" Elodie asked, sort of insulted that Hagrid had it pointing towards them.
"Oh- uh, nothin. I was expectin uh, it doesn' matter. Come on in! Just made a pot 'a tea." Hagrid said, inviting the kids in. Hagrid poured the tea into a mug, but let it overflow. "Hagrid, are you okay?" Elodie asked, watching his behavior. " 'M fine. 'M alright." Hagrid said, giving her a reassuring smile.

"Did you, hear about Hermione?" Harry asked. "Oh yeh, heard 'bout that alright." Hagrid replied, still looking frightened. "Look, we have to ask you something...Do you know who's opened the chamber of secrets?" Harry asked. "What you have to understand about that is-" Hagrid was interrupted when a heavy knock came to his door, and Fang barked. "Quick! Under the cloak!" Hagrid whisper yelled. They went under it, and backed up into a corner. Hagrid went to go and open the door.

"Oh! Professor Dumbledore, sir!" Hagrid exclaimed. "Good evening, Hagrid. I wonder..could we?" Dumbledore asked, looking back to the man behind him and back towards Hagrid's house. "Oh! O'course, come in, come in!" Hagrid said. Ron whispered to the two after he saw the second man walk in. "That's dad's boss! Cornelius Fudge! At the Ministry of Magic." Ron finished.

"Bad business, Hagrid, very bad business. Had to come for three attacks on muggle borns, things have gone far enough and the Ministry has got to act." Fudge said. "But I'd never, you know I'd never, Professor!" Hagrid started to raise his voice, turning towards Dumbledore. "I want it understood, Cornelius. That Hagrid, has my full confidence." Dumbledore said. "Albus, look, Hagrid's record is against him. I've got to take him." Fudge replied. "Take me? Take me where? Not to Azkaban prison!" Hagrid said. "I'm afraid we have no choice, Hagrid."

The door opened, and no other than Lucius Malfoy joined the party. "Already here, Fudge? Good." Malfoy said. "What're you doin' 'ere? Get out of my house!" Hagrid said. "Believe me, I take absolutely no pleasure being inside your—you call this a house?" Lucius said, walking towards the students as they walked backwards. "No. I simply called up the school and was told the Headmaster was here." Malfoy said.

"And what exactly is it, that you want with me?" Dumbledore asked.

Elodie couldn't bare to hear anymore. After Lucius showed Dumbledore the signed contract of everyone agreeing for him to step aside as Headmaster, Harry stopped listening, too. They got too mad. Elodie for one didn't want Hagrid to leave. He was the closest thing Elodie had to a father figure at Hogwarts. As Dumbledore was telling Malfoy that he would agree to go away for a while, he finished with his sentence saying, "However, you will find that help will always be given at Hogwarts to hose who ask for it." Dumbledore said, looking past Lucius, smiling at the kids through the cloak. Nothing got past Albus Dumbledore.

Hagrid finished off with more 'helpful' advice. "If uh, if anybody was looking for some stuff, then all they'd have to do, was to follow the spiders. Yup. That'll lead 'em right." Hagrid said, glancing over at the cloak's direction.