13

As Elodie woke up, the sun through the dorm room window hit her bed. She rubbed her eyes and covered them so the sun didn't blind her. It was time to get ready for classes.

Today she thought she'd do something different. Her hair was super wavy today, so she took advantage of it. It looked good messy, so she didn't brush it. She grabbed a flower crown and slid it onto her head. She smiled to herself and put on her 'Lemonade' lipgloss. She brushed her teeth and started to head down to the Great Hall. She sat down, and grabbed a plate. She was the only Hufflepuff at the table so far. A group of Slytherins passed by her, and fake coughed, mumbling "loser" as they walked by, laughing. She looked up at them, and smiled. They didn't expect that. One tripped, and the others just stopped laughing immediately. Elodie turned back to her plate and continued eating.

Cedric had walked over to her, and sat down. She hasn't seen him since before break. "Cedric!" She exclaimed. She smiled at him, and he smiled back. "Hi Elodie" He said. They talked about how break went, and she made up some wild story to ignore the rest of how it truly went. She felt good talking to Cedric. He was a good listener. "Cedric?" "Yes, Elodie?" "Are we besties?" "We can be." "Okay."

Just like that, he was her new best friend. Just because she found peace in him. Like she had with Imogen and her mom. It was familiar. She liked it.

"Cedric?" "Yes, El?" "Am I annoying?" "No." He replied. He had a confused look on his fave as to why she would ask such a thing. She nodded at his response, and they ate the rest of breakfast in silence. "I should go to class now." Elodie said. He agreed as she stood up. "Bye, Ced." "Bye, El."

"Turn to page 871. We will be learning how to transfigure the small creatures on your desk into a water goblet. Like so." Mcgonagall said, starting her lesson and showing the procedure.

Elodie could hardly focus

Elodie could hardly focus. She saw Professor Mcgonagall demonstrate the transfiguration. She was amazed, but her mind went elsewhere. She had her elbow propped up, with her head on her hand, and she starred out of the window. It was so unlike her. Mcgonagall called her out, turning her attention back to class.

"Can you please demonstrate the lesson discussed." She said, directly. Elodie nodded, because she knew she could do it. She tapped her wand three times at the animal. "Vera Verto." Elodie said, pointing her wand at a rat. It squeaked as it turned into a water goblet. Mcgonagall nodded at Elodie. "Now Ms.Jian, I suggest you better start paying your attention forwards as we learn how to reverse it." She said, taking Elodie's zoning out into play.
"But Professor, isn't this lesson for second years?" Elodie asked. Mcgonagall's head turned, and nodded slightly. "Yes, but I'm positive everyone in this room is a second year, except for you. Because you have the gift of getting ahead." She replied. Elodie smiled softly, and continued to work. She had completely skipped the thought of her being the only first year during Transfiguration.

After classes, Elodie had made her way to the Great Hall for lunch. She immediately grabbed some chicken wings and sliced potatoes. It was her definite favorite meal. Apparently, Professor Dumbledore knew that, too, because as she sat down putting the food items onto her plate, Dumbledore watched the girl smiling. He had requested the house elves made the chicken and potatoes with the other meals today. He knew she wasn't doing too well after break had come to an end. He knew because he was wise, and watched her actions. She didn't come back skipping through the halls, nor the classrooms. She was barely giving anyone smiles, either. But boy did those chicken wings make her smile grow big.

"Merlin, El, slow down. Your wings will be there after you swallow the first bites." Imogen said. Elodie laughed at her joke and took a sip of water.
"I think I'm going to go down to the forest again." Elodie said. Imogen nodded, knowing to cover for her if anything were to happen. Elodie stood up, giving Imogen a slight goodbye hug.

Elodie walked passed Hagrid's, and made her way towards Clara. Clara stood in the same spot that she coincidentally is always standing in when Elodie approaches the forest. She bowed to Clara, Clara bowing back. Elodie smiled. She pet Clara's head and said, "I've missed you!" Clara nodded her head. Elodie had skipped away. She went to sit back down by her tree, and she felt something crawl up her robe sleeve. She turned her head to see a tiny puffskein. It sticked its long tongue out, and Elodie laughed.

"Well hello. What are you doing here on this side of the forest?" Elodie asked. She's never seen a puffskein on the exposed part of the forest. Their normally deep in the middle by the wildflower bushes. It started to hum, making the normal puffskein happy sound. "I've read about you, and you like tiny little pieces of crackers, don't you." Elodie asked. The puffskein had hummed even more, signifying a yes. Elodie smiled at the creature. "You need a name. How about.... Bruin?" Elodie said. It sticked its tongue out, and started licking her cheek. She pushed it gently away while giggling.

After spent time in the forest, she walked to Hagrid's to show off her new pet. At this point, he couldn't keep up with the tiny things she would try to bring home. She had found a bowtruckle, and gave it to Hagrid as a Christmas present before break. The two decided on naming it Fora, as they discovered it was a female because she had shorter legs. Then she built a house out of leaves and sticks for a pygmy puff, and she called it Henry. But sadly, the next morning it died. She asked Hagrid to burry him. Now, there was Bruin. He laughed, and hoped that no one would take him away. Creatures weren't normally allowed in the castle besides pets. But, this was now Elodie's pet, and it should be okay.

She ran up to the castle with Bruin cupped in her hands. Of course, she skipped her way to the barrels. She had passed Luna, who was also skipping. She yelled out, "Cute Puffskein." And went on. Luna didn't even have to stop to know what it was. "Thanks." Elodie said. She reached the barrels a moment later and went into her dorm.

"Happier, I see?" Imogen asked. "Yep." Elodie sighed, taking a breath from all the skipping. She set Bruin down and Imogen yelped. "Uh.. El.. what is that?" She asked, pointing at it. Elodie just laughed. "That's my new puffskein, Bruin." Elodie replied. She seemed happy with it, so Imogen let her be. It was now about 6 o'clock, and dinner was now being served downstairs.

They walked to the Great Hall, and when they entered, Elodie smelt more potatoes. This time, mashed. She loved their mashed potatoes, because the house elves sprinkled just enough seasoning into it. Their was also pudding, pasties, and lemonade for the drink tonight. Cedric had walked up to the table and sat down next to Imogen. Elodie felt her body stiffen.

"Okay, Gen?" Elodie asked, laughing a little. "Yeah.. never better." Imogen said, not making eye contact. Elodie grabbed her face and pulled it towards her. "Oh, my, gosh. You're blushing!" Elodie said, taking in Imogen's now reddened features.

"Oh my merlin, Elodie. Can you keep your voice down?" "No."