14

January 10, 1990

It had been a while since Elodie had talked to Fred. Let alone, George. He would small talk her in the hallways between classes, until he had to go to meet back up with Fred. Elodie had figured out why Imogen would make jokes about Cedric and tense up every time he would sit with them at Hufflepuff's table. She liked him. Bruin had kept Elodie laughing and happy when Fred wouldn't talk to her and Imogen would study. She was breaking apart from her friends and wanted to fix it.

"Oh! Hey, Charlie! Wait up!" Elodie called. She wanted to talk to Charlie about Fred since she couldn't get George alone to talk about it. "Oh hey, Elodie. Fancy seeing you talking to me instead of the little timbits." He replied. Elodie laughed at his joke, and had to look up to the seventh year. Charlie was pretty tall. "I wanted to know if Fred has told you anything about me? He won't talk to me and George can't seem to ever be apart from him, and well, Percy was my last option." Elodie said, slowly frowning. As the two walked side by side, Charlie stopped in his tracks. "Fred? Fred Weasley? My Fred? Isn't talking to you?" Charlie asked. Elodie nodded and Charlie felt bad. He dropped to her level, putting his hands on her shoulders, and told her, "He will come around. I don't know what he's on about, but I'll talk to him tonight in the common room. Not to worry, El." Charlie said, standing back up and winking at her, walking towards his next class. She smiled lightly and walked to potions.

Charlie's POV:

When Elodie told me Fred wasn't talking to her, I wanted to hex him. There's no way I'd let my 11 year old brother win on losing someone as good as Elodie walk out of his life.

Lunch had finished and I saw Fred walk to the common room with George. I knew it was time to talk with him. Hopefully Percy buts out of it, nosey git.

"Oi! Fred! What the bloody hell?" I yelled. He looked confused and a little worried. "What? I haven't done anything!" He said. "That's the problem. Why are you ignoring Elodie and dragging George into it?" I said back. Percy had walked in and was about to use his "I'm a prefect" crap on me.

"Shove off, Perce." I scolded. He closed his mouth and walked to his dorm. George was just standing there, not doing anything but blinking.

"Are you gonna answer me, or are you going to ignore me like you're ignoring El?" I said again. He looked mad this time. "Why do you have to get involved? I can't wait for the day you graduate. Then I won't have an annoying older brother down my spine." He spat. I didn't care for what he said, because I know I'm his favorite older brother. Just an in the moment thing. "We still have Percy, Freddie." George finally spoke. We both turned our heads toward him, telling him to shut up.

"Why are you taking it out on everyone? What is bothering you? Why can't you just talk to Elodie?" I started screaming. Elodie was like another little sister. She did Ginny's hair when mum was busy. She would eat a chicken wing in each hand with Ron, not caring what she looked like. And knew Fred & George apart. Of course I thought she was the favorite friend.

"BECAUSE I THINK I LIKE ELODIE! I'm too young to understand this! I wanted to wait till I was older. I wanted to space myself to not get involved with that. I still want to pull pranks with George. Annoy Percy cause I'm still his little brother. Not worry about something so pretty." He yelled. He explained it so perfectly, and he hasn't even hit puberty yet. I smiled at him, and George sat there in shock. I don't even think he told George. His own twin. Must be really important to Fred. Now, all I have to do is tell Elodie.

"Fred, you have an easy option and a hard one. You either tell Elodie why you've been ignoring her, or don't but continue to talk to her and fix that poor girl's heart, or I will. You're choice." I responded. He stood there for a moment. "Fine. I'll talk to her. But I won't tell her." He said. George and I facepalmed at the same time. At least we got him to open up, though.

Third Person:

Elodie had just skipped her way to dinner. Bruin on her shoulder. Imogen was right behind her, and they sat down at the Hufflepuff table. Elodie made a plate for Imogen and they talked about the usual. They were laughing and doing what pre-teens normally do. Cedric walked through the Hall doors and sat opposite Imogen. Elodie elbowed her side. Imogen pushed her elbow away and turned red.

"Hi, guys." Cedric said, smiling. "We aren't guys." Elodie said, sarcastically looking at him. He put his hands up in defense and replied, "Hi, girls." "Better."
They all laughed and ate together. Bruin had hopped off Elodie's shoulder and ran under Cedric's robes, in more of a hiding manner. Elodie was confused, then she felt someone tap her shoulder. She turned around smiling, and met eyes with Fred. Her smile dropped and she stood up. "Hi, Freddie." She said quietly. "Hi." He replied. "Could I talk to you...just for a moment." He said, in the same quietness she had talked in. She nodded her head, biting her lip. As she walked away, she turned around to look at Imogen. Imogen mouthed "What?!" and Elodie shrugged mouthing "I don't know!"

"Hi." Fred said, to Elodie standing in front of her in the empty corridor. "Hi." She replied. They stood their looking at their feet for a little, till Fred finally spoke.

"I'm sorry for uh...not talking to you." He said. "Oh, it's okay." She replied. "No, it isn't. Mum told me to always use my words. I have them so I should use them." He was now making eye contact. She curled her lips up, and he opened his arms for a hug. It was awkward, but wholesome.

As she was wrapped together with him, he said "I am sorry, really." She looked up at him, as he is slowly getting taller than her, and she smiled at him. He smiled back, and they walked back into the great hall. "Bye, Freddie." "Bye, Ellie."
They broke apart to sit back down and finished eating.

"What was that all about?" Imogen asked. She was wiggling her eyebrows at Elodie, and smirking. They laughed and Elodie told Imogen he apologized for not talking to her.

They walked back to their dorm, and decided to do each other's hair. Elodie put Imogen's hair into her signature messy bun, while Imogen put Elodie's hair into two braids, the kind Imogen does a lot.

"You know what else would be funny since we switched hairstyles? Is if we switched pajamas!" Elodie said. Imogen nodded excitedly, and put everything together.

"Here, wear this jumper and those trousers." Imogen said, throwing a mint green sweater at Elodie with a pair of white pajama pants. Elodie was laughing and dug threw her trunk for Imogen's pajamas.

"Okay you're wearing this for sure." Elodie said, pulling out a purple v-neck long sleeve that she would wear to bed some nights. "Oh and these." She added. The next thing Elodie had given Imogen was a pair of black sleep shorts.

They changed and did the reveal to each other.

"Oh my merlin, you look so good in that jumper! You can keep it, I hardly wear it and it looks so much better on you." Imogen said, surprised with the outcome. Elodie had the same reaction.

They were laughing together, and soon fell asleep on their beds.

Everything was fixed, which meant Elodie would be shining, gold like the stars, and making everyone addicted with her smile and laugh.