12

5 Days Later.

"C'mon, El. Get up." Yvannah said, walking into her daughter's room. She walked to her closet and chose her an outfit. Elodie grabbed her blanket and pulled it above her head.

"That's not gonna work on me, red lips." Yvannah said, laughing. Elodie's eyes shot wide open. She sat up immediately, in shock of what her mom just called her. Yvannah mocked her shocked expression, and patted her head. Ever since Elodie's 'kiss' with Fred, Yvannah had been teasing her about it since they left the party.

Elodie woke up in defeat, and got dressed into the outfit her mom provided. It was the day she would return to Hogwarts. Her trunk was already by the door, and Arthur and Molly would be taking the kids to King's Cross station. Yvannah saw Charlie walking up to their house, and called Elodie down.

"Hey, El, Charlie's here." Yvannah yelled. "Coming." Elodie replied. She grabbed her trunk and headed downstairs. Charlie had walked in and asked if Elodie was ready. She kissed her mom goodbye, and hugged her. "I'll see you in a few more months, my flower." Yvannah said into her head. Elodie nodded and walked away with Charlie. They reached the burrow and Molly greeted her with a hug. George, also had hugged her. She waved to Fred and he just looked away, turning red. She wondered if she had done something wrong. She brushed it off after everyone grabbed ahold of a worn out t-shirt. They all grabbed it and started twisting and turning with their surroundings. They found themselves in front of King's Cross, and said goodbye to Arthur and Molly as they ran through the barrier. Elodie did the same routine she did the first day she was going to Hogwarts. Gave her trunk to the old man packing everyone's belongings into the side of the train, boarded, walked until she found an empty compartment, and sat down. She held her head in her hand as she leaned against the window. She closed her eyes and waited to fall asleep. But, unfortunately, it never happened. She waited for someone to join her, whether it be the twins, or even her own best friend. She wondered where Imogen was. She opened her eyes when she heard the train door open, she shot her head that direction. It wasn't Imogen. Or George. Just Fred.

"Hey." She said quietly. He took a seat and didn't say anything. "Are you ignoring me?" Elodie asked. He looked up at her, sighed, and opened his mouth, but no words came out.

He didn't know how to feel. It was funny to him that she grabbed his face and gave him his first kiss, but also wished he could've done something about it, but he was eleven and didn't understand. He also knew for a fact that he had figured it out.

He liked her.

Elodie's mind was racing, she had no idea why he came to sit with her nor what he was going to say to her. "No." Was all he said, replying to her question. He got up, and left. She was so confused. She swore she did something wrong. If he wasn't ignoring her, why did he come to sit down with her then purposely leave? She had a lot of thoughts. Did she ruin her friendship with Fred? What did George think? Did she go to far?

The sun had began to go down, and she was still alone. She decided to fall asleep since Imogen either didn't return in time, or just didn't find her. She woke up with perfect timing. She locked the door and shut the blinds, then changed into her robes as she felt the train come to a stop. She was dreading the beginning of her comeback to Hogwarts. It was unusual.

She started walking towards Hagrid, just like she did the first time. She smiled when she saw him. She knew he wouldn't make her feel bad. She ran and hugged him, and he smiled down and wrapped his hand on her back. She was a tiny little ant compared to the half giant.

"Ello, Elodie! How was yer break?" Hagrid said. He watched as her face fell by the word "break." All she replied with was "Good." He walked the first years back to the same boats by the black lake, and they were off. Elodie soon found herself sitting at the puff table. She was slowly eating the welcome back feast, when she felt arms wrap around her neck.

"Elodie! I'm so so sorry! I was late at King's Cross and everyone pushed me into a corridor with a bunch of Ravenclaw's. I would've sat with you!" Imogen said. Elodie put her hands up to Imogen's arms to return the half-hug that was happening. Elodie felt relieved. At least her best friend had a good enough excuse. Imogen sat down next to Elodie and they began to eat.
-
"Yeah! I know! I can't believe that after all this time of me studying here, now my dad tells me!" Imogen said. They were laughing about a story Imogen had to share with about a present her muggle dad got her. Imogen was muggle born. But she was still super smart. Elodie was laughing, as she normally would be, and made heads turn.

"That is so funny. I wish I was there" Elodie said, taking a sip of pumpkin juice. Imogen had now asked her the question she was avoiding from everyone.
"So, what did you do over break?"

She started to get a little red. She looked over at the Gryffindor table, only to find the twins missing. They came in, right? Elodie had no idea where they were. She turned back to Imogen, and just put it out there.

"I kissed Fred." Imogen had gasped. She had wide eyes, and started smiling. She hugged Elodie, proud of what she heard. She pulled back to find Elodie not smiling.

"What is it?" Imogen asked. Elodie looked down, and it looked like tears beginning to form. "I ruined our friendship from it." Elodie responded. She looked up to meet Imogen's eyes. Imogen was just starring at her, confused.
"Why? What went wrong during a kiss?" Imogen said. "I'm trying to figure that out. This must be what dating feels like, or even marriages." Elodie said. Imogen laughed at her, and stood up, holding her hand out. "Come on, let's go to bed." She said. Elodie grabbed her hand and stood, and Imogen walked them through the Great Hall doors. As they excited, they saw red hair hiding behind the wall in front of them, and Filch running towards the girls.

Covered. in. glitter.

"WHERE ARE THEY?" Filch yelled, in his usual scratchy voice. The girls shrugged and made their way towards the barrels. As they were walking, Imogen turned around to face them, winking at George for the prank. She just ignored Fred, like he was ignoring her best friend.

They got into their dorm, and one simple tear rolled down Elodie's face. She wiped it and said "I'm tired."
"Me too." Imogen replied. She hugged Elodie and the girls laid in their beds.

Elodie had laid awake a few more minutes, just thinking about how when she gets older, she hopes she'll look back at this situation, and laugh.