58

"I'll catch you guys later." Elodie said, as Ron and Harry were getting everything together and taking Fang with them to "follow the spiders."

Elodie ran to the castle, a little bummed on Hagrid getting sent away. Okay, very bummed. She needed somebody. Since she hasn't gone to this person in a while, there was no one better than Imogen.

Elodie opened the barrels, and luckily Imogen and Cedric were intertwined together on the couch. "Gen." Elodie said, tears in her eyes. Imogen pushed herself off of Cedric in a heartbeat. "Elodie? What's wrong?" Imogen asked, stepping towards her. "Hagrid. They took him." Elodie said, letting it out. She didn't know why she was so emotional. She loved Hagrid and was worried if she'd ever see him again. "Where is he? Who took him?" Imogen questioned. Imogen turned her head around, giving Cedric a look. He got it right away, and went up to his dorm. Imogen lead her to the floor by the fire, her comfort spot.

"The Ministry is blaming Hagrid for all of this chamber shit. It's not fair! It's not fair Imogen! Hagrid's my friend! He would never kill or harm anybody!" Elodie sobbed. Imogen has never, in the four years of their friendship, ever see Elodie break down like this. Imogen made an 'aw' sound, and did her best to wipe away any tears. Elodie was so broken. Without Hagrid, who would go straight to her if something went wrong in the forest? Who would let her go to his tiny hut and just sit down and drink tea? Who would read all these amazing things about creatures that Elodie would love to meet someday. There was no one else. "Ellie." Imogen said. Elodie looked, and met eyes with her best friend. "Did they say how long Hagrid would be in Azkaban?" Elodie shook her head no. "Then hey, he might be out tomorrow. I know you're scared and everything is more stressful with all of that is happening right now, but Hagrid will come back." Imogen said. She walked Elodie up to their dorm, and putting her to bed.

That night, Elodie crept out of bed. She was again had no control over herself. She walked all the way to the first floor corridor, going to Myrtle's bathroom. She turned the knob on the sink, and the entire thing opened. Elodie jumped down it, and now entering the chamber.
"We meet at last." Someone said. They snapped their fingers, and Elodie was brought back. "W-who are y-you?" Elodie asked, looking around a cave like room she was in, as a guy stood in front of her, wearing Slytherin robes. She knew he did not come to Hogwarts because she has never seen him in her entire school career here.

"I am Tom Riddle. Do you know why you're here?" He asked, smirking down at her. "Leave me alone." Elodie said. "I asked you a question. When I ask you something you answer. Do you know why I brought you here?" He asked again. Elodie stood frozen, not wanting to answer him. "You are the one who opened the chamber of secrets." Tom said. Elodie now realized everything that was going on. "Wh- no I didn't-" Elodie said. Tom just let out a laugh. "Those voices you would hear for the first time a while back. It was my basilisk. Harry Potter hears them as well. Because he himself is a Parselmouth, but I targeted you, so your ears adjust to hearing it, too. It 'twas I who told you to open the chamber of secrets." Tom said. Elodie almost fell to her knees. "Then you're- you're-" "The heir of Slytherin? Indeed. Fast learner." Tom said. "One more thing, then I won't need you anymore, but you will lie in the chamber forever if no one comes to save you." Tom said, putting her back into the possession phase.

The day after, Elodie was missing to everyone because the chamber had sealed back up, leaving her millions of feet under Moaning Myrtle's bathroom. Everyone was worried. No one knew where Elodie was.

That night, Harry and Ron went to go see Hermione. Harry noticed a crumbled up paper in her hand, taking it and running through the hallways. Harry also figured out that since the Basilisk is a snake, that Harry knew the monster that lies in the chamber was indeed the Basilisk.
They also stitched it together that the girl that died fifty years ago died in a bathroom. But she never left.