22

During the summer, Elodie and hear mom spent every morning cooking breakfast together, writing letters to Imogen back and forth, playing with the Weasley children. Elodie only spent her indoor time for sleeping and cooking with her mom. She had learned how to apparate on her own, surprisingly. But she was a powerful witch for her age, so she was strong enough already.

Elodie took advantage of that, and apparated to the sunflower field her mom took her to once every week. Her golden skin soaking up the summer sun, making it even more golden from her summer tan.

It was July 3rd, and Elodie and Yvannah had just apparated back from a muggle shop. Of course, Elodie had picked up her monthly lip gloss.

Ever since Yvannah and Thomas's divorce, Yvannah and Elodie's aunt had gotten back in contact. Yvannah's sister never liked him, but still felt bad for her. Elodie's aunt wasn't doing too well, so Yvannah was going to Germany to visit her.

"All packed?" Yvannah asked, standing in the door frame of Elodie's room. Elodie turned around to face her mother and nodded.

"No kissing Fred. He's a cute little boy, but you're 11." Yvannah said, pointing at Elodie. Elodie fell into a burst of laughter because her mother still continued to tease her about her New Years kiss.

"Whatever. I'm done packing, though. What time are you leaving tomorrow?" Elodie asked. "No later than 8." Yvannah replied, looking around Elodie's room.

Elodie replied with a nod and a humming noise, noting the time her mom would leave. "I'll walk you over to the Weasley's, so come downstairs when you're ready." Yvannah said, leaning off the door trim and heading downstairs.

Elodie followed by shortly after.

"Ready?" Yvannah asked, putting the back of her hand on Elodie's head. Elodie replied, and they were off.

Elodie knocked, and the door opened to Arthur, smiling at the two ladies.

"'Ello, ladies!" Arthur said. He moved to the side to let them through. Elodie walked in and Ginny came down running to hug Elodie.

"Ginny!" Elodie yelled, hugging the tiny redhead back.

Yvannah and Elodie had said goodbyes, and Yvannah was already back at the Jian house. Molly had sat everyone around for dinner, made sure Elodie was all set in Ginny's room, and overall tried to make her stay a little more welcoming than normal.

Technically, Elodie was having a sleepover with boys. It was her very first one. On the second floor, were Ginny's, Ron's, Percy's and the twin's rooms. On the third floor was Molly and Arthur's master bedroom, and across from it was Charlie's. Him and Bill used to share a room, before Bill moved out.

"This is really good, Molly." Elodie said. Everyone at the dinner table had their own conversations going on. Molly thanked her, and they continued to make small talk and eat.

"So, Elodie dear are you excited for second year? I know Fred and George are going to be trying out for quidditch. Is that something you're interested in?" Molly asked. Elodie had felt a few looks sent her way, the conversation had now grown more than an A & B.

"Uh, well I don't know about quidditch, I've never really played. I've flown on a Hyppogriff once, but not a broomstick. I'm very excited for second year. I hope it was just as exciting as first." Elodie responded. Elodie wore her emotions on her sleeve, and everyone knew she was excited just to start Astronomy.

Dinner had finished, and a little bit of sunlight was still showing. Golden hour, if you will.
"Mum, can me and Georgie play quidditch?" Fred asked. "Sure, but take Elodie and Ron with you." Molly answered. Fred took one look at a smiling Ron, and sighed. "Fine."

"Okay, there's four of us. I'm gonna be a beater and Fred is going to be our seeker." George said.

"I'll be the beater, Ron you can be the seeker." Elodie said. Ron nodded, and grabbed his broom. Ron was acceptable at quidditch, considering his age. He was still able to keep up with his brothers, though.

"Ginny, release the quaffle!"  George yelled. Everyone was in the air on a broomstick, already.

Ginny threw it and it released itself. The bludger had also figured out a way to get out. They didn't want the bludger to be apart of their game, only because this game was for fun. George's eyes widened when he saw the bludger. He knew him and Elodie were in some serious trouble.

Ron and Fred were starring at each other, a few yards away from one another.

So far, Elodie and Ron had twenty points while Fred and George only had ten. No injuries had happened, either.

The two also have turned themselves into a chaser and a beater, because they found it rather difficult without one.

Elodie wasn't looking, she was focused on Ron and Fred's race to the golden snitch. It was only for a split second, though.

But that theory, 'Anything could happen in a second,' is true. Elodie turned her attention to the boys for not even two seconds, and a bludger came flying towards Elodie at full force.

"ELODIE!" George yelled. She came back to reality, but before she could respond, black.

Her vision went dark. Elodie couldn't really move, and she was in a room. It was all black, and she could hear George calling for Molly. She looked around for him, but couldn't see him.

Molly came running outside, and Fred and Ron came jumping off their brooms.

"Elodie? Ellie darling can you hear me?" Molly said.

In the room, she replied to Molly. Elodie had told Molly she can hear her. But, Molly kept repeating and repeating. Elodie had no idea what was going on.

"Fred, dear, go get my wand." Molly said. Fred ran inside, sort of tearing up. He grabbed his mother's wand and handed it to her as fast as he could.

Molly stood, and pointing her wand at Elodie, she spoke.

"Rennervate!" Molly shouted. Elodie then felt her body lift, and she awoke in her body. She let out a loud gasp, and didn't feel anymore pain.

"Oh, Merlin's beard! Are you alright, darling?" Molly said, getting back on her knees to hug Elodie. "Yeah, I'm alright. What happened?" She asked.

"Y-you were hit with a bludger and you sort of..passed out." Fred said, tripping on his words. Elodie's eyes widened.

"Do I have a concussion? Am I okay?" Elodie asked. Molly shook her head, shushing her. "It's just fine, Ellie. We're glad that is all that came of you." Molly replied. Elodie sort of smiled, and started laughing.

"Bloody hell, Mum. I think Elodie's lost it!" Ron said, starring at Elodie. "LANGUAGE RONALD!" Molly yelled, causing Elodie to laugh even more.

"I'm fine, I'm fine. I just think it's funny how I fell of a broomstick by an enchanted ball." Elodie said. George couldn't keep it together, and a laugh pushed through his lips.

"I don't think you should play anymore, children. Go inside. It's getting dark anyways." Molly said, rushing the kids inside.

"Elodie are you in any pain at all?" Molly asked, now sitting with her in the living room.

"Mmm.. nope. All good" Elodie said, nodding at Molly. "Oh wonderful, now go get ready for bed. It might take a while since Ginny has such a slow time preparing her room." Molly said. Elodie stood up, walking upstairs. Molly let out a breath.

Elodie laid awake that night, thinking if Molly wasn't there, maybe Elodie could've died. She smiled, warm thoughts of the family she was residing with came to mind. For some reason, this time she couldn't fall asleep.
Not tonight.