37

"Dear Flower,

It's going to be okay. You're going to be okay. It's just your hormones, messing up with your feelings. There are going to be so much more thoughts and feelings like this during your teenage years.

Did I really just say that? You're almost my baby who's no longer a baby. In a few more months you'll be 13! How exciting. Have you started your period yet? Do any of your friends have it?

I'm only asking cause it's apart of us girl's nature. Now stop rolling your eyes. Even though I can't see you, I know you made some sort of uncomfortable movement. Now you're smiling.

Okay love you bye,
Momma x"

"Dear Mom,

What?

I don't know, I know Imogen has but I'm not sure about anyone else...

How do I know if I started it?

Gotta go,
El."

"To El,

It'll be a little tiny pinchy feeling or nothing at all, I'm not sure we're all different. Your stomach might feel like it's cramping, or you won't feel anything so soon. Just keep an eye out for it.

You'll know when it's here.

Love,
Mom x"

Elodie felt more confident now. Yvannah answered her questions, and it all clicked. Elodie was much happier the rest of the week, and the weeks after that.

The end of February came to an end, way faster than anyone would've expected it to, and it was now March 1, Ron's 11th birthday. Elodie and the twins wrote a huge birthday letter for him. It had all his favorite colors on it, like purple, orange, green, yellow.

The cover was the part of the card that they were happiest with. Elodie wrote the words, cause she had the best handwriting, George drew little tiny things that just made it ten times funnier, and Fred was in charge of the jokes.

 Elodie wrote the words, cause she had the best handwriting, George drew little tiny things that just made it ten times funnier, and Fred was in charge of the jokes

On the inside, it had a bunch of birthday wishes from Elodie and the twins.

"Our baby boy is all grown up" - Gred
"We hope ickle Ronnie is having the lamest day at home ever!" - Feorge

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY RONALD!" -Elodie

They kept repeating wishes and jokes like this all over the inside. They went to the owlery and sent it off. They hoped Ron would love it just as much as they did.

"What's going to happen when Ron comes to Hogwarts and you guys won't be the youngest Weasley's?" Elodie asked, walking back to the Great Hall with George and Fred.

"Oh he's going to be in for some real fun." George replied. "Then after him it's our baby sister. She's quite scary, though." Fred added. Elodie laughed. "Are you guys scared of your 9 year old sister?" The twins looked at each other, and nodded. "Yes." They both said.

They walked into the hall and separated, Elodie going with the puffs and the twins going to Gryffindor table.

"Hey guys." Elodie said, sitting down with Imogen and Cedric. She put her feet through the bench and felt something. She checked it because she didn't know if it was the table or someone's legs. Elodie saw Cedric and Imogen's legs wrapped into each other's from them being across from each other. Elodie turned to them, "Oooouh." Elodie said, tightening her lips to blow them fake kisses. "Oh shove off." Imogen said, laughing.

Elodie was heading back from the library, heading downstairs to the barrels. She entered and saw Imogen and Cedric cuddling on the couch. "You guys just love being caught by me, don't you?" Elodie asked, laughing at the two. They instantly separated when they heard her voice, and Elodie laughed, walking up to her dorm.

She changed out of her robes and made her way back downstairs, sitting in front of her friends on the floor, in her normal spot.

"Hey guys." Melvin said, walking in with Fleet and Anthony Rickett. "You know there's a couch, right Elodie?" Fleet said, smirking and pointing to the couch. "I know, every time you're out here you're always on the floor." Melvin added. "I know, it's comfy down her." Elodie said, laughing.

"Might as well name the floor 'Elodie's Spot Only.'" "Might as well."

Elodie's second year had gone very smoothly. No ups, but no downs. All she got was closer to her friends. She loved that about them, though. She loved how they could get much closer with every day. Her best friends were her world. They knew that, too. She would always get excited to see each one of them for no reason. They had her back just as equally as she had theirs. One night on her way back to the barrels from dinner, it was the twins' turn to walk her and Imogen down. As they were walking, a group of Slytherin's walked by her and spit the word 'Lunatic' at her. Fred got mad, like really mad, but he couldn't do anything. As for Imogen, she heard them and put her leg out, making one trip after the other. George was affected, too, but he also couldn't do anything. George hated it when he couldn't take care of something he cared about.

Elodie never fought back, because she didn't know what to say. She wasn't the type to use someone's house, blood, or appearance as an insult. So she just let them, but smiled at them every time. They knew her smile was contagious. They were just jealous of how majorly impacted everyone was by Elodie.

Besides the words that would get thrown at Elodie, she loved talking to everyone. The Slytherin prefect liked Elodie, and didn't know why the other students would bully her out of jealousy.

Elodie liked everyone and everything. She liked creatures, the people that had self doubt or not, Elodie liked you for you, and even found something unique that you couldn't even find in yourself. She was good at that. It made everyone feel more safe and confident.

The twin's 13th birthday had passed, and Elodie snuck them onto the quidditch field with Imogen and Cedric and had a secret little game. It was a lot of fun, the twins appreciated it.

May was here, and Mcgonagall had prepared all of her students for the end of the year exams. Elodie, of course, aced the practice test. And in a month, she'd do well on her real test, too.

When June rolled around, Elodie was once again sad to let another year at Hogwarts pass by. She was going to be a third year! It was so insane to think about. It was just yesterday when she was sorted into Hufflepuff, meeting Imogen, and getting closer to the Weasley's.

Summer vacation was a week away. Elodie would see her mom again, and hopefully she wouldn't have to spend a limited time with Yvannah this summer. She loved the Weasley's, but Yvannah was her mom. Elodie could have another birthday in the sunflower field, where her mom apparated her to, on her 11th birthday. It was exciting, to say the least.

Now she just had to wait for summer, her birthday, and third year. Elodie was starting to get into her routine of witching. She enjoyed it, a lot. She felt at ease when the deja vu hit her every time she left or arrived at King's Cross, her home, Platform 9¾.

She truly enjoyed it. Elodie was happy, she had a life that other's dreamt of having. Elodie knew how lucky she was, too. Because every day and night, she'd live it up. That's exactly how a kid's life should be.