34

"Dear Ellie,

Auntie has been feeling a bit better, but she's still having a few issues. I'll be back the night before you leave.

Merry Christmas, my love... even though it's New Years. Happy 1991, my girl.

Let me know how the kiss went afterwards.

With love,
Momma x"

Elodie has been loving every minute at the Weasley's, as well as the funny letters her mom would write to her. Last years events of kissing Fred made it a household joke. Everyone expected it to happen again, but it wasn't certain. Luna was over, too. And Elodie has been hanging out with Luna mostly.

"Did you forget about us?" George said, walking up to Luna and Elodie. Fred followed shortly behind. "No, just chose to be with Luna." Elodie responded. George pretended like he didn't hear a thing, and sat down with them. "Care to join us, Georgie?" Elodie asked sarcastically. She looked back at Fred who was still standing. "Are you going to join us, too?" She asked. Fred smiled and sat down with them.

"How do you predict the new year will go?" Luna asked, looking around at the group. "Hopefully it'll bring 2 gingers some common sense." Elodie said, smiling at them. "I hope it brings goldie locks some humor sense." Fred said, mocking Elodie. Elodie started laughing, and the two went back and forth.

For a very long time.

"Oh look, the ball is dropping." Luna said, very calmly.

"THE BALL IS DROPPING!" Elodie and the twins said, all excitedly standing up around it. Molly's cookies were all done, everyone was gathered around the living room, and the 10 was waiting to turn into 9.

"Reckon Elodie will snog you again, Freddie?" George said, whispering to Fred and nudging his arm. Fred turned crimson, and pushed his brother's arm away. "She didn't snog me, you arse." Fred replied. George was laughing, a little too much, and caught Elodie's attention. "What are you goons laughing at?" She asked. "Nothing." They said in unison.

The ball began to drop, and everyone counted down with it. George was standing next to Luna, while on the other side of George was Fred. On Fred's side, was Elodie. The ball was at 5, and both Elodie and Fred were panicking.

4....3....2....1

Fred unexpectedly did the same thing Elodie did last year. He initiated it. He grabbed her chin and pecked her lips, very fast. George was just standing there, awkwardly looking out of the corner of his eye at Luna, and back to Elodie and Fred. He had the courage to finally look at Luna, and she was looking back. They both stepped forward, giving each other a quick peck, as well.

"Aw my little Georgie is all grown up, having his first kiss!" Fred said, turning to him watching it happen. Luna turned a very faint red, but kept her calm figure. George let it all out, ears and all. But, he still did it. He kissed someone on New Years.

"Dear Momma,

Happy New Years! Hope Auntie is doing well. I'll see you in a few days.

Georgie kissed Luna! It was insane. They both turned red and it was just ah.

This year, Freddie kissed ME! Not the other way around. I'm younger than you and had 2 New Years kisses in a row! Where's yours?

Just joking. I love you, mom.

Cheers,
Elodie"

"To Yvannah, please, Errol." Elodie said, putting the letter in the old owl's beak. He hooted and was off before he could stumble into anything.

"Morning, Elodie." Percy said, walking into the kitchen. He would at least be kind enough to greet her on some days. Today she guessed he was in a good mood. "Morning, Percy." She replied, smiling at him. He started to make himself eggs, cause I guess Molly wasn't making breakfast this morning.

Elodie made herself some toast, and sat in their living room, opening the muggle book she hasn't touched in months. She was too distracted by her reading, that she didn't realize Fred was in the same room. He walked over to her, and took her book, taking a bite of his banana.

"What is a 'dork diary'?" Fred asked, looking through the pages and the cover. "Give it back, Freddie." She said, laughing. He held it above her head, and she jumped to grab it. He smiled down at her, and gave her book back. "It's not the daily profit, that's for sure." Elodie said. "Speaking of, have you seen it?" Fred asked. Elodie shook her head no, looking concerned. He pulled the news paper out from his back pocket and un-crumbled it. "Look, it says that the Ministry has done some digging, and found that Harry Potter will turn 11 this year. He might be coming to Hogwarts!" Fred said, smiling. "Really? Harry Potter?!" Elodie said, excitedly grabbing the profit. "No one really knows what he looks like now. Dad said he lives with all muggles, no contact of the wizarding world for years." Fred said. "Poor guy." Elodie said, handing the profit back to Fred.

"Are you ready for tomorrow?" Fred asked, breaking the silence. Tomorrow, students and teachers would resume school. Elodie was excited, because she would have the study of magical creatures for her first class back. "Very! I'm excited to learn more about animals, and well, I miss my Gen." Elodie said. Fred laughed at Elodie, and questioned her. "Your Gen?" "Yes, my Gen." "Imogen?" "That's her name, yes." "Okay." "Okay."

"Are you excited?" Elodie asked, he just shrugged. "I'm only excited for quidditch. I think Snape's really starting to fancy George and I." Fred said. Elodie laughed, knowing that Snape really dislikes the twins.

"Hopefully you'll have a better year next year with Harry Potter as a distraction." Elodie said, joking around with Fred. He laughed at her, and started to head back upstairs to finish his packing.
She thought she should go and do the same, so she went upstairs to Charlie's unoccupied room. She wondered how he was doing, studying dragons and learning to tame them. Something she wished she could do after graduation.

Elodie had just finished dinner, and went to go shower. She washed her hair, and as the warm water rinsed through the locks, the thought of hers and Fred's 'kiss' came to mind. She had felt herself turn red at the thought, and butterflies went to her stomach. She knew for sure, that she had started to notice that she liked Fred. Elodie would deny it until she knew he was for sure what she wanted to think about. She loved their friendship, and if he didn't feel the same, she had no idea what she would do.

As for him, over break, he realized that the gifts she would get his family, the girly things she would let Ginny in on, the way her and Ron bonded over chicken wings, and respected Molly and Arthur. He's never met an outsider that thought the Weasley's were tolerable. The Weasley's were purebloods, sure, but they weren't the slightest bit of rich. That is what made a family, like Lucius Malfoy's, spread hate towards them. Lucius and Arthur had never gotten along. They've known each other since Hogwarts, and then both started working for the ministry. Lucius had a little boy, no one has ever met him, though. But, he would be attending Hogwarts next year. He would for sure make Ron's life a living hell.

Elodie was the one person, besides George, that could make him smile. Elodie was like the light in the dark that he would've never expected to see. The more time he'd spend with Elodie, the more mature his feelings would get. He would understand that she made him blush because she was beautiful, kind, funny, and selfless. She was like a sunflower, radiating happiness when you looked at it, glowing in the sunlight.

The one thing, he for sure had no idea how to do, was tell her.