5

All the first years climbed up the doc, where a trail lead up to a staircase. They walked up and saw a sign pointing them to another staircase, but this time, it's indoors. Elodie felt her chest go warm the closer she got to the Great Hall doors. They were stopped when an older looking woman with black robes and a black witching hat stood in the way of their path. Elodie knew what this meant.

As she spoke, she had a screechy tone in her voice.
"Welcome to Hogwarts! Now. In a few moments, you will pass through these doors and join your classmates. But before you can take your seats, you must be sorted into your houses."
Everyone began to exchange looks, as if they were afraid to be sorted.
"There are Gryffindor.... Hufflepuff.....Ravenclaw....
and.......Slytherin. Now, while your here, your house will be like your family. Your triumphs will earn you points. Any rule breaking, and you will lose points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the house cup. The sorting ceremony will begin momentarily." The woman said. She walked off and the first years were left on the stair case, waiting to be sorted into their houses.

"I'm here." Elodie whispered to herself. She began to smile and the twins walked up from behind her. "Do you think we'll be together?" Fred asked. He had hoped they wouldn't separate.

"I think it's up to the hat, not us." George said, nudging his brother. Elodie laughed at the two and the lady had walked back towards the children as the room fell silent.

"We're ready for you now." The woman returned, and once again walked off. But this time, the first years followed. They walked through the gates and to the outside of the great hall. The woman pushed open the tall wooden doors, and everyone walked in. The upperclassmen were looking at the first years walk in nervously. The first years looked up and saw millions of floating candles, and an enchanted ceiling that looked exactly like the night sky. They were so fascinated. None of the kids had seen anything remotely close.

As they began to approach the hat, it began to sing:

"Oh you may not think I'm pretty,
But don't judge on what you see,
I'll eat myself if you can find
A smarter hat than me.

You can keep your bowlers black,
Your top hats sleek and tall,
For I'm the Hogwarts Sorting Hat
And I can cap them all.

There's nothing hidden in your head
The Sorting Hat can't see,
So try me on and I will tell you
Where you ought to be.

You might belong in Gryffindor,
Where dwell the brave at heart,
Their daring, nerve, and chivalry
Set Gryffindors apart;

You might belong in Hufflepuff,
Where they are just and loyal,
Those patient Hufflepuffs are true
And unafraid of toil;

Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw,
if you've a ready mind,
Where those of wit and learning,
Will always find their kind;

Or perhaps in Slytherin
You'll make your real friends,
Those cunning folks use any means
To achieve their ends.

So put me on! Don't be afraid!
And don't get in a flap!
You're in safe hands (though I have none)
For I'm a Thinking Cap!"

Mcgonagall then grabbed a parchment scroll and began to speak.

"Now when I call your name, you will come forth, I shall place the sorting hat on your head, and you will be sorted into your houses." She said, picking up the hat by its top.
"Luna Lovegood" She yelled. Then, a young girl with icy blonde hair had appeared, and walked up the few steps onto the platform. She sat in the stool and the hat was placed on her head.
"Ahh. Right then. Hmmm. Right! Okay. Better be.....RAVENCLAW!" The hat yelled. Then, she hopped off the stool smiling while the room was filled with applause.

"Frederick Weasley" Mcgonagall yelled, looking around the room for him. Elodie smiled up at him when he was seated on the stool. He turned red and sat there. Letting the hat do its thing.
"Another Weasley. How's mum doing? Hm. You are seeming to appear to me as more riskier than your brothers. Maybe, you might even be a little more brave. Hmmm. Difficult, difficult indeed. But, there's no other house like GRYFFINDOR!!!" The hat yelled. Fred sighed happily and received a few high fives on his way to the Gryffindor table. Elodie knew after George, she would be next. Only because of the family's long line.
"George Weasley." Mcgonagall said, a worried look on her face. She turned to face the man with a long white beard with glasses and whispered, "They're twins, Albus." A worried expression on her face. He laughed at the teacher and George was waiting for the hat to be placed on his head.

"What on earth is another Weasley doing here? I sense different energy, though. Must not be the same. But yet, almost exactly the same.
For many reasons, you must be a GRYFFINDOR!" The hat yelled once again. Everyone began to cheer as he ran straight for the gryffindor table. Elodie was now shaking. Would she get Gryffindor, too?

"Elodie Jian." That's it. This was it. The moment she's been waiting for ever since she was three. She walked up very slowly, with tight closed eyes. She took a seat and Mcgonagall placed the hat on her head.

"Ooh. You have very many talents and qualities. I see more of a, happier aura. Very kind, very gentle. You know, you are also very loyal. I don't think I've seen energy like yours in a very long time. But where to put you?" The hat went on and on about the way her energy presented itself. She was now looking up at the hat, the best she could. She was still completely nervous, though.

"Not as brave as I thought. Okay, that's it, that's it! HUFFLEPUFF!!!" The hat screamed. She smiled widely and walked towards the Hufflepuff table. She was the first Hufflepuff of the night. The twins watched her walk two tables behind them, and watched her disappear when she sat down.

Elodie was super excited. Of course, she'd get the golden house. Not golden, as in the most perfect house, but golden as in its true colors. And that, she was. Golden.

Dumbledore's speech went by, and everyone had watched himself even get bored of his words. After he was done, everyone applauded. Elodie, actually, was the loudest hufflepuff. She clapped like no one was in the room. She made many heads turn, including Dumbledore's. He smiled down at the girl and continued on.
"Let the feast, begin." He said calmly, and he spread his hands around the room and food appeared on each table. Elodie couldn't believe it.
She grabbed a silver plate and put sliced potatoes,
three raspberry pasties, chicken wings and pumpkin juice for her drink. She absolutely fell in love with the chicken wings. Everyone was starting to walk out of the Great Hall, meaning the prefects would start lining up first years to take them to their assigned common rooms.

Elodie, went outside of the Great Hall for a moment to recollect herself. The twins saw her get up from her table and walk out, so they followed.
She heard footsteps and turned around to see the two redheaded twins.

"Well, I'm a hufflepuff!" She said, making jazz hands. The boys laughed at her and sadly looked down. "We're gryffindors." They said in sync. She herself started to look gloomy. "It's okay though. We'll still talk! My mom told me puffs and gryffindors get along very well." Elodie said, enlightening the mood. Then, another set of footsteps were heard. Elodie felt a tap on her shoulder and she turned around. Another little girl with dark brown hair, brown eyes and a crooked smile stood in front of Elodie. Elodie returned the smile and the girl began to speak:

"Hi! I'm Imogen. I came out of the hall for some air and heard you guys talking. I'm also a hufflepuff!" She said. Elodie replied with a huge smile and her eyes lit up. "Can we be friends?" Elodie asked excitedly. "Woah! You're an American!" Imogen said. They all laughed and Fred and George followed their prefect to the Gryffindor tower. Elodie and Imogen did the same, but for their prefect.

"This is the common room. Now, listen closely. All hufflepuffs need to remember the barrel order. It's Helga Hufflepuff's name. Like this." The prefect said. She tapped the barrels in the rhythm of Helga Hufflepuff. The barrels moved to the side, and an entry way to a very big circular door appeared. She opened the door and the Hufflepuffs walked in.

"Hey, I'm gonna go find my dorm. Thanks for being my friend!" Imogen said with a smile. She waved by to Elodie and made her way up the spiral staircase. Elodie did the same, and to their surprise,

"WE'RE ROOMATES!"