19

11:28 pm, March 31, 1990

Elodie creeped out of bed, sliding her covers off and putting on her slide on 'Vans'. She tiptoed down to the common room exit.

She had earlier talked to Charlie about letting her in around midnight, for the twin's bday. He agreed and would wait for her in the common room. Elodie had to climb at least five sets of moving stairs. She finally reached the fat lady, without the stairs moving her to a different part of the castle. The fat lady was sleeping, and Elodie sent a charm through the portrait that sent a light through doors or walls. Charlie saw, and took Elodie's signal.

He said the password, and the fat lady opened the portrait up for the entrance to open. "Hey, Char!" Elodie whispered. "Hey, El." He replied. He pointed to the twins' dorm, and Elodie ran up the stairs.

12:00 am, April 1st, 1990

She opened the door slowly, trying not to wake the other students. Charlie followed behind, and wanting in on this plan. Elodie had stood over by Fred's bed, taking in how he looked sleeping. For some reason, she smiled, trying to hold in her laughter. Charlie did the same for George's bed, and Elodie hold up three fingers. She mouthed the numbers, counting down. Then when she hit one, Elodie and Charlie jumped on their bed and started to jump on them. Charlie was so big, George flipped over. All Elodie heard to her left was a loud thud, and Fred shot up, making Elodie fall on him.

He tried to catch her, and she slid into his chest. She was laughing so hard. "WHAT IN THE BLOODY HELL, CHARLIE?!" George yelled. Charlie was on the floor, laughing. George realized Elodie was in the room and stood up.

"Happy Birthday." Elodie said, still in Fred's chest.

"It's bloody midnight, Ellie!" Fred said. "You couldn't have gave us a card in the morning?" George finished Fred's sentence.

"No." Elodie said.

"Since my little Freddie was born first he gets all the attention for 13 more minutes." Charlie said in more of a baby voice, pinching Fred's cheek. He slapped Charlie's hand away, turning red.

13 minutes later....

"Oh would you look at the time, our baby Georgie was born twelve years ago today." Charlie said, moving towards George and tackling him in a brotherly hug. Elodie laughed, while starring at George trying to kiss Charlie's head.

Charlie put his hand on George's mouth, still baby talking him. Elodie has never seen a funnier family. Fred walked up behind her, and yelled, "Yeah! Get him Charlie! Big 'Ol birthday boy."

Elodie turned around to hug him. "Happy Birthday, Freddie!" Elodie said. He had gotten considerably taller, making her having to sort of look up now.

He thanked her, hugging her back. They felt another pair of arms, and Elodie was now sandwiched. "Happy birthday, Georgie." George said, mocking Elodie's girly, American voice. They all laughed and Elodie granted him a birthday wish. The boys crawled back into bed, and Charlie walked her down to the portrait.

"Night, El." Charlie said. "Night." Elodie said. She ran back to the barrels, hoping Filch wouldn't catch her. She heard Mrs.Norris behind her, which made her run even faster.

"Helga...Hufflepuff." Elodie mouthed, tapping her wand at the barrels. They opened and she pushed through the circular wooden door. It was way too quiet, so he raced upstairs and back to bed.

"I'm going to go wish the twins a happy birthday, wanna come?" Imogen asked, standing up from her breakfast. "No, I think they know I'll tell them..sometime today." Elodie said, smiling to herself. Imogen nodded and headed over to them.

Elodie ate her breakfast, and went to classes.

After the day was almost over, and the teachers tired from reversing rolls and pranking the twins all day, Elodie had finished their card. She had made the outside perfect, but left the inside empty as a joke. She signed her name, and that's it.

"Here ya go." Elodie said, skipping up to the twins playing with some sort of sparkler.

They looked at each other and opened it together. They looked up at Elodie and both said, "What's the spell to reveal the words?"

"There isn't one."

"There isn't one?"

"Nope."

"Then how are we supposed to read it?"

"You're not"

"What?!"

Elodie ran away, laughing. She left the twins there, starring at the blank card. They looked at each other and smiled. Elodie forgot who she was messing with.

"I'm gonna take a shower, Gen." Elodie called out. Imogen replied with an "okay" from her bed. Elodie turned the shower water on, and was about to wash her body. She opened the cap and started to smooth it out on her skin. Her arm was covered in green. Elodie screamed and Imogen started laughing.

Elodie's left arm was now stained with green dye.

She shut the water off, and ran out of her bathroom, in just a towel. "IMOGEN FAYE BAYLAN- DID YOU LET THE ONCE ALIVE TWINS IN MY BATHROOM?" Elodie yelled, showing her arm. Imogen couldn't keep it together. Elodie was trying so hard not to laugh, because she wanted to display her annoyance. "ANSWER ME!" She said, breaking and starting to laugh a little. Imogen nodded, and pointed to them hiding behind her bed.

Elodie's eyes widened and ran back to the bathroom, to put her clothes back on.

"Frederick. Why did you dye my arm green? George Fabien, why was it your idea?" Elodie asked, walking up to each one of them.

"How did yo-" George started, but was cut off by Elodie putting her finger on his lips.

"Sh. I hate you enough right now, don't talk." She replied.

Imogen kept laughing.

"How do I get it off?" Elodie asked, turning to Fred knowing he would break and tell her.

He mumbled something super quiet.

"What?" Elodie asked.

He mumbled it again, still inaudible.

"Fred tell me." She said, tired of his game.

"Fine, you keep washing it with your soap till it turns back into its normal color." He replied. She smiled and walked back to the bathroom, turning the water back on and washing up.

"You've gone soft, Freddie." George said, heading out of the Hufflepuff's dorm. "Have not!" Fred said, catching up to his brothers. Once they left, Imogen went back to homework, laughing at what had just happened.

Elodie had finished her shower, and she slipped into her bed. She had a good day today, and hopefully her birthday boys did, too. She cared a lot for them, and it went both ways.

Elodie yet, once again, fell asleep to her own thoughts.