15

February 12, 1990

It's been a month since Elodie was last seen sad. She was now back to her regular self, everything was in place. She had the intoxicating laugh and smile, the personality that everyone wanted to have, and looked the way everyone wanted to look. She had made Imogen a flower crown, one to match hers, as a gift for being her friend for so long now.

It was also, two days before Valentines Day. Cedric had actually gave Imogen a few raspberry pasties, her favorite, at the beginning of the month. Apparently their feelings were mutual. Imogen's birthday was also coming up, so it was really her month. Maybe Fred would exchange gifts with Elodie. Maybe they could share the activity of gift exchanges that Imogen and Cedric had.

She hoped that her and Imogen would have a similar holiday, of sharing things with the person they like, and maybe even getting to hangout.

"What are you thinking about, Elodie?" Imogen said, snapping Elodie out of that thought. "I was thinking, what if I'm the only Hufflepuff alone this V-day?" She replied. Imogen started giggling and Elodie just starred at her, with confusion.

Flashback & Imogen's POV:

I was just waking up, Elodie still being asleep. It was weird since I'm normally sleeping while she gets ready. I got up and did my usual. I had entered to Great Hall and the twins ran up to me.

"Imogen! Imogen!" One of them said. "What! What!" I replied. They looked around for something, and a moment later I was
pulled behind the Great Hall entrance.
"Well, Merlin if you wanted to kill me I would've dressed better today." I said. They laughed at me and said that they needed a favor.

"We need you to make sure Elodie stays in her dorm all day on Valentines Day." The other one said. I was very confused, not sure on how to react. It must've shown because they then spoke up.

"I'm going to take her to the forest at night and have a picnic!" One said. I now assumed he was Fred. I tried to hide my excitement, and I very much failed.
"Ohhh she's going to love it!" I said.

"Yeah, I hope." Fred replied.

"Why are you laughing at me?" Elodie asked. "Nothing, I swear." Imogen replied. Elodie knew something was off because of her best friend's behavior. Did Imogen actually want her alone of Valentines? That'd be cruel, but Elodie wasn't too sure that was the case.

The day before had arrived, and it was Friday. She had one more day of classes, and she could finally break. She had woken up to the sunlight hitting her eyes, and she looked up at the ceiling. She gave herself a minute, and realized Imogen was already downstairs. She got ready and put her hair into 2 braids, her robes and some black slacks. Of course, her ankle boots. She applied her lipgloss and went downstairs.

When she went downstairs into the puff's common room, Fleet was waiting for her at the bottom of the staircase. Elodie smiled with a confused look, and he held his hand out, giving her a flower.

They stood there looking at each other, and laughing out of confusion. "W-what is this for?" She said, between laughs. He looked at her and just shrugged. "I dunnoooo?" He said, moving out of her way so she could go down to the hall for breakfast. She walked passed him, and went down to the hall. Before she could go in, she saw Hagrid. She wondered what he was doing inside of the castle.

"Hagrid?" Elodie asked, walking up to him. "Oh! Didn't see ya there, Elodie." He said, looking down at the small girl. "Here ya go!" He added, handing here another flower. She was very confused, and smiled at him with a thanks. She walked inside of the Great Hall, and everyone was looking up at her from their tables. She froze, not knowing why everyone was starring at her. She quickly got to her table, Imogen still missing. She found Cedric and sat down with him.

"Uh..Ced... why does everyone keep looking at me?" She asked, looking around the hall. "I have no idea what you're talking about." He said, laughing at her. He was starring at her, waiting for her to notice. "What?!" She said. He slowly pulled his hand up to the table and handed her a flower. "Ohh my gosh." She said, she started to get a little annoyed because she couldn't figure it out. Cedric was laughing really hard now. She grabbed it aggressively and ate.

As she was exciting the Hall, Charlie appeared. She was somewhat relieved. "Charlie!" She called. Elodie ran up to him and he looked down at her. "Hey, El." He said, smiling. "Everyone is acting so weird. Glad you're here so I can talk to someone about it." Elodie finished. He cringed and handed her yet another, flower.

"UUUUUGH." She said. He watched the short girl run upstairs to go to her first class. He shook his head and just started laughing.

"Turn to page 45. Now." Snape said, as he made his dramatic entrance. He stood at the front of the dark room, and searched around the room. "Ms. Jian. In front of the class." He said. Elodie looked up, and all heads turned to her. She gulped and slowly got up. She made her way to Professor Snape, and he held out another flower. Elodie took it, and smiled at him. He didn't smile, but didn't keep a straight face. He watched her walk back to her seat, and the lesson began about the boil-cure potion. Elodie was fiddling with the ring Fred gave her before term.

Elodie had a total of ten flowers now. She had one more class to get through, and she still hasn't met Imogen or the twins today. She began to get a little worried. She had Transfiguration last today. When class was dismissed, Professor Mcgonagall had asked her to stay back. She walked up to Elodie, smiling. She gave her one of the last few flowers, and said, "Ms. Jian I hope you understand what is going on, and that you will be wise enough to keep this activity alive."

Elodie nodded, smiling brightly, which cause Mcgonagall to smile

Elodie nodded, smiling brightly, which cause Mcgonagall to smile. "I will" She said, and walked away.

As she was walking to the barrels, she felt hands push her up the stairs to her dorm. She didn't get to see who it was, so she was scared at first. Once the door shut, she turned around to yell at the person.

"Hi." Imogen said. "Imogen! What are you doing? I was scared!" Elodie yelled. Imogen started laughing, handing her a flower. "One more, and the confusion will go away. But...you're going to have to stay in the dorm for like ten minutes, until I come back. K?" Imogen said. Elodie nodded with another confused look in her eyes. Imogen ran out and closed the door. Elodie put the flowers on her trunk.

"I'm gonna read." Elodie said, giving up on the whole waiting thing as if her day wasn't already strange.

"I'm baaaack." Imogen said. She walked towards Elodie, snatching the muggle book out of her hands. "Hey!" Elodie yelled. "Come on, you have company outside the barrels." Imogen replied. Elodie huffed. "Then can I get my book back?" "Yes, El."

"Hi." Fred said. "Hi??" Elodie said, smiling. "Uh.. here you go." He said, handing her the last flower.

"Thank you." She said, smiling at him. He smiled back. "Mum wrote me the other day and told me to do something for you, but I was too scared so I just did flowers." He said. "You were all behind this?!" Elodie exclaimed, looking around at George, Imogen, and Fred. They all nodded and started laughing. 

"See you tomorrow, El!" The twins said, in unison walking away. She waved to them and walked back inside the barrels.

"What a bunch of idiots." Elodie said, laughing to Imogen.

"You can't ever get rid of us." Imogen replied. Elodie smiled to herself, lucky to have them.

"Wouldn't even try to." Elodie said.