50

Elodie's palms started to get sweaty. Her legs shaking as she walked, her thoughts racing. Was she really a big sister? What if her little sister didn't like her?

Elodie was pacing back and fourth on the top of the staircase, when she heard a crack. Yvannah's head turned to the outside window, and She saw the little girl. Elodie froze, as Yvannah gasped. "El, come down she's here." Yvannah yelled. Elodie took a few deep breaths, and walked down the stairs.

Elodie closed her eyes, not wanting to look yet. Yvannah slid the door open, and walked out.

"Hi, I'm Yvannah." Yvannah said, holding her hand out for the other mom. "Morgan." The woman said. "Glad to finally meet you." Yvannah said, trying her best not to make it awkward. Morgan nodded, pushing the girl in front of her. Yvannah crouched down to her level. "And you, must be Charleigh."

The little girl nodded. She had Elodie's eyes.
"Um..thank you for doing this once again. Is the arrangement still on?" Morgan asked. "Of course, yes. I already have the bed for her in Elodie's room, we were gonna put it up tonight when we got home from Dia- dinner." Yvannah said. She forgot Morgan was a muggle, so she cut herself off. Morgan smiled and nodded. Her eyes started to water.

"I want you to be on your best behavior for Ms. Yvannah, okay?" Morgan said, kneeling down to Charleigh. "Okay." The little girl said.

"Okay, I'll send you a letter every few weeks." Yvannah said. Morgan nodded, taking ahold of her port key. Just like that, the woman disappeared. Leaving Charleigh with the two.

Elodie was sat on the couch, jumping up when she heard footsteps. Yvannah walked in, holding Charleigh's hand.

Elodie's eyes started to get watery, seeing as her sister had her eyes, her unnoticeable freckles, and the prettiest chocolate brown hair. Elodie got on her knees, holding her arms out. The little girl smiled widely, and ran into Elodie like she was the only person Charleigh's ever known. Elodie was hugging her sister.

Hers. Elodie's sister.

Yvannah cupped her hands to her mouth, seeing her daughter and her 'half-daughter' in the same room. It was so emotional for everyone.

"Hi Charleigh, I'm Elodie." Elodie said softly, tears clouding her vision. "I know! You awe my sisto!" Charleigh said. She didn't know how to pronounce her R's yet. Elodie's heart flipped, because this tiny little girl knew who she was. "Yep! I am!" Elodie replied. She looked up at her mom, and Yvannah pointed to her wrist, signaling it was time to go. "Charleigh, would you like to go with us to..the mall?" Elodie asked, remembering the child didn't know about the wizarding world, and covering it up by using a word that is more familiar to her. "Yes!" Charleigh yelled. Elodie smiled, and Charleigh just starred.

"How are we gonna do this?" Elodie asked. "We're going to have to use floo." Yvannah said. Elodie nodded. "Hey, Char, come her come stand by me." Elodie said, getting into the tiny fireplace in the other room. Charleigh went, and stood next to her, grabbing Elodie's hand. Yvannah gave her floo powder, and Elodie yelled clearly. "Diagon Alley!" She said. Her and Charleigh disappeared from the house, now standing by an unoccupied shop by the leaky cauldron.

Charleigh started crying, probably because she just went from one place to another in two seconds. "Sh, shhh, it's okay." Elodie said, picking Charleigh up. Charleigh wrapped her legs around Elodie, and when Yvannah showed up they started walking. Elodie spotted Ginny walking into the book shop. She smiled, heading over. "Ginny!" Elodie yelled. Ginny turned around, walking up to the girl. "Elo- who's this?" Ginny asked, pointing to Charleigh. Charleigh had her finger in her mouth, still a little shook from the transportation. "This, is Charleigh. She's my little sister." Elodie said. Ginny's eyes widened. "We better hurry, look! Gilderoy Lockhart is signing his books!" Ginny said excitedly. Elodie froze. She loved reading Lockhart's books. Elodie put Charleigh down, leaving her with Yvannah. She heard Harry's name with a bunch of gasps, followed by loud clapping. Molly was there, and told the kids that she'll wait in line for them to get their books signed. Elodie sighed, turning back around. They walked up to the front with Arthur, when Draco stopped them.

"Bet you loved that, didn't you, Potter? Famous Harry Potter. Can't even go to a book shop without making the front page." Draco said. Ginny walked up towards him, "Leave him alone." She said. Draco scoffed. "Oh look, Potter! You got yourself a girlfriend!" Draco added. Elodie rolled her eyes. "Just shut up, Malfoy." She said. Draco turned his attention to Elodie. "Dumb girl. At least I don't sneak off with Looney Lovegood to talk to creatures all bloody day. Freak!" Draco spat. "Don't talk to her like that." Fred spat. "Wow, you Weasley's and your dates. Such a filthy famil-" Draco said, then he felt a cane dig into his shoulder.

It pushed Draco to the side, as Lucius Malfoy, his even worse father took his place. "Now now, Draco, play nicely." He said. Lucius smiled at Harry. "Ah, Mr. Potter. Lucius Malfoy." He said, holding his hand out. "We meet at last. Forgive me," He said, pulling Harry towards his face as he used his cane to rub Harry's hair out of the way, checking his lightening bolt scar.

"Your scar is a legend. As of course, the wizard who gave it to you." Lucius said, smirking. "Voldemort killed my parents." Harry said. Lucius backed away, forcefully letting Harry out of his grip. "He was nothing more than a murderer." Harry added. "Mm. You must be very brave to mention his name. Or very foolish." Lucius said, smirking again. "Fear of the name only increases of the thing itsef." Hermione said, making everyone's heads turn.

"And you must be, Ms...Granger?" Lucius said, turning to look at Draco. Draco nodded. "Yes, Draco's told me all about you. And your parents." Lucius said, once again, smirking. Hermione and Lucius both turned towards Hermione's mum and dad who were talking and laughing with Arthur. "Muggles, aren't they?" Lucius added. Hermione gave him a death glance.

He turned his head toward the rest of the group. "Let me see, red hair, vacant expressions, tatty..secondhand book. You must be, the Weasleys." Lucius spat. The twins looked at him the same way Elodie and Hermione were. Arthur then appeared next to the kids. "Children! it's mad in here." Arthur said. "Well, there's Weasley Senior." Lucius said. "Lucius." Arthur said. The two adults bickered, and Lucius left, leaving him with a "I'll see you at work." He left, acting like he didn't just insult every single person in front of him. Draco followed behind, turning towards the kids. "I'll see you at school." He said. Elodie rolled her eyes. "The apple doesn't fall far from the tree at all." Elodie said. Everyone giggled at her remark, and everyone started to head out, finishing their shopping.

Charleigh was asleep in Elodie's arms. It's been about an hour of walking around, so no one blamed her. "We better get going and set up Charleigh's side of the room." Yvannah said. Elodie smiled. She said a goodbye to everyone, and kissed Fred on the cheek. He turned red.

They were now back at the house, and Elodie laid Charleigh on the sofa until everything was set up. She didn't want to wake up the kid.

"Okay, let's see. Directions.. blah blah." Yvannah said. "Just use magic, you're of age you know." Elodie said, watching her mom struggle to read directions. "Right." Yvannah said. She took out her wand, and moved everything into place. Charleigh now had a matching bed like Elodie's. Same bedding, same size, same canopy hanging over it, just opposite walls.

"This looks so weird." Elodie said. Elodie was going to miss her big room, but at least she had a sister now to share it with. "Well I would give her that tiny room downstairs but I'm sure she'll want to sleep with you instead." Yvannah suggestively said. Elodie agreed, walking downstairs to get the tiny girl.

Elodie picked her up, and walked up to her new bed. She tucked Charleigh in, shut the door, and walked downstairs.

"I see you're enjoying her so far." Yvannah said. Elodie sighed and smiled. "She's my sister. I'm glad she can stay here until, I guess dad, fixes his act." Elodie said, not really knowing if she should call him dad or not.

"Did you see the bruise on her knee?" Yvannah asked, cringing sorrowfully. "Yeah." Elodie replied, frowning.

"Better get dinner started. What do you think she likes?" Yvannah said. "Just make some Mac N Cheese or something." Elodie said, walking upstairs quietly to start packing for Hogwarts.