36

Elodie's routines never change. Her and Imogen wake up, they get dressed to go meet Cedric in the common room, they eat breakfast together, and most of the time part ways for classes, unless if Imogen has a class with Elodie.

Somethings never change, especially her visits to the forest.

It was now February 13, Luna's birthday and Valentines day eve. Elodie didn't want to do anything tomorrow. All she wanted to do was read, maybe even sneak into the Prefect's bathroom and take a bath. All the Hufflepuff's that were older than Elodie all had plans. Every single one of them. She wanted to take the chance to have some alone time in the common room by the fire. If she wasn't in the forest or sleeping, you would 100% find her drawing or reading by the fire. Not even on the couch, but laying on the floor.

Cedric asked Imogen to go to the Slytherin party that they were having. Only students were supposed to know about it. Elodie wasn't interested, because normally the Slytherins would bully her for being too nice, too gentle, or too 'weird'. The twins were even going, too. Even though Fred wishes she was going with him, he thought it would be fun.

Elodie didn't like parties a whole lot. All the ones in her books were for adults. Drinking, cursing, slurring their words, and having a drama filled time wasn't something she was interested in. She decided to lay low, have the common room to herself, and enjoy the things she did like reading.

She also invited Luna to the Hufflepuff house, too. Elodie looked at the clock above the fireplace and read 4:30. Luna should be out there by now. To no surprise, Luna was standing there. "Hi, Luna! Happy Birthday!" Elodie said, inviting Luna inside. It was forbidden to allow other house members into your own, but as long as Luna didn't know the password, everything would be just fine.

They ate snacks, played muggle games, and played with Bruin. Luna had a puffskein of her own, just at home. Not here.

It was almost past curfew, and Luna decided to go back to Ravenclaw. Elodie walked her to about the first floor from the Hufflepuff basement.

Elodie walked back down, and began to head to her dorm. She of course, picked up a book and fell asleep reading to it.

The next day, Valentines + Imogen's birthday, came quickly. It was Monday, and classes resumed.

Imogen, Luna, and Elodie were going to have a girls day today. After classes, they would ask Dumbledore if Luna could sit with them because of a birthday excuse.

They put together a basket full of Imogen's favorite things. Like chocolate frogs, pumpkin pasties, Bertie Botts beans, chocolate pasties, you know. All of the good stuff.

They would give Imogen the basket during their picnic at the astronomy tower. It was going to be so much fun. Professor Sprout gave them permission to do so only because they're under her house, and because one of her Hufflepuff students had a birthday. The house elves made her a cake that the Hufflepuffs would be eating. It was purple and had 13 written all over it.

They were eating the cake, singing some made up birthday song, and laughing and smiling. Imogen was beaming. She's never had this many people at her 'birthday party' in her entire life. She had her housemates and her best friends, including her own little boyfriend. She was going to make today the best.

Imogen wore a black skirt with a matching black top, Elodie wore a matching set but yellow, and Luna wore the same thing but blue. They planned this over winter break, so Imogen's mum bought the 3 sets at the little clothing shop in Diagon Alley.

The only way you would know who the birthday girl is this time, is because Imogen walked in the middle and wore a cardboard crown that Luna and Elodie made as a joke. Luna wore it yesterday, too.

"Happy Birthday, you lil' nugget." Elodie said, squeezing her in a really tight hug. "Nugget?" Imogen asked, looking at Elodie and smiling. "Yea, cause you're a little nugget." Elodie responded. She had a way with weird nicknames, that's for sure. "Thank you, El." Imogen said. The girls had finished eating, and went to go meet up with Luna.

"Feeling wiser, Imogen?" Luna asked. "I'm not sure yet. Nothing feels any different." Imogen replied. They walked to the astronomy tower, and Imogen found the picnic. "This is why you wanted me to come up here?" Imogen asked, turning to look back and forth between both girls. Elodie was the first to smile, putting jazz hands up. Imogen put Elodie's hands down with her own, and they walked towards the picnic.

"It would've been so much cooler if you brought me here at midnight." Imogen said. Elodie looked at Luna, an agreeing hint in her eye. "Well you should've planned it for yourself sooner." Elodie replied. They all laughed, and talked about whatever it is their minds could come up with.

Elodie and Imogen walked Luna to the Ravenclaw tower, making sure not to run into Filch. It was already past curfew, and they forgot all about time. Just as they turned on their heels from saying goodbye to Luna, he stood right in front of them. "Students out of bed! STUDENTS OUT OF BED!" Filch yelled. As he yelled, Mcgonagall and Dumbledore came storming to him. "Twenty points from Hufflepuff!" Filch said. Elodie and Imogen dropped their mouths. Twenty points? What an outrage. "No no, Filch. These students were simply walking another student back to their common room. I'm sure they were just heading down to the Hufflepuff Basement." Dumbledore said, smiling at the girls. Filch started to growl at the misconception. "You will not be taking points away, Mr. Filch." Mcgonagall put in, and walked away, back to her flat in her classroom. Dumbledore doing the same.

"Doesn't he know he can't actually take a million points away like that?" "I know, all he does is monitor the castle and take orders." "Good thing Professors showed up." Elodie and Imogen went back and forth. They didn't really like Filch, and saying that Elodie liked everyone, was an understatement.

"I'm going to bed, you coming?" Imogen asked, turning to Elodie. "No, I'll be up right now. I'm just gonna sit by the fire a little and warm up." She replied. Imogen nodded and walked up the spiral staircase, heading for their dorm.

Elodie sat on the rug in front of the fire, looking down and fidgeting with her ring. She didn't know why, but she felt sad looking at the ring Fred gave her. What if he did like her back? Would they do anything about it? What if it got to awkward and they stopped being friends?

Tons of questions floated through her mind, before heading upstairs. These same thoughts interfered with her sleep, and she lied awake, starring up at her dorm ceiling. She didn't even know she was crying until a tear drop hit her arm. She immediately wiped it with the pad of her thumb, and rolled over onto her side. She didn't know why her emotions were all over the place. It's never really happened before. She would write to her mom first thing, and ask her what's going on. Why she feels like this when she thinks about Fred, but is so happy when she's around him, why she has doubts about her presence now. Not that she felt like she was hated, but mainly the Slytherins made her feel like an outcast.

Yvannah would have all of her answers, soon.