67

"Dear El,

They really fancy him. A little more than me, maybe. Cedric's mum and my mum are like, super close. It's weird but good. Dad likes him cause Cedric is the captain of a sports team.

Luna better watch out, she doesn't know what she's going to get herself into. I hope they last a long while. They're adorable.

Love, I know you miss him, but you know what he did. I don't know what to tell you because advice doesn't go far. Just let time do it's thing, this is the world's doing not yours.

Got to go have tea with Cedric and I's family.

Love you more,
Imogen"

Elodie smiled at the first two paragraphs. Imogen had a point, Elodie didn't want to hear selfish advice junk and sure as hell didn't want to blame herself. It would deepen the pain past her heart and mind.

Elodie bit her lip, thinking about how to talk to him or get him alone. Anything to just see him, really.

Elodie figured she would do what Imogen said, and just let time do it's thing. Nothing wrong with waiting out your situations.

Yvannah had picked out her dress since Elodie wasn't up yet, and Yvannaha nd Charleigh wanted to make today easy for her. It was Christmas eve and Yvannah really wanted family pictures. She put Elodie in a red wrap dress that had flowers on it, while she put Charleigh into a green jumpsuit with long sleeves. Both girls will have their hair curled, and Elodie's final step was to just wake up. Charleigh had picked out her lip gloss and shoes, while Yvannah got her dress, makeup, and curling iron together.

"Ellie, love, wake up." Yvannah said. Elodie hummed and the brightness of the glowing sun that shined through her room window greeted her. She lazily opened her eyes and welcomed the sun. Just like how she did every morning at the cottage.

"Hon, I've got your dress for today and I'll tale care of your hair for you. Charleigh's downstairs getting you some toast right now. Come on, give me some help babe." Yvannah said, trying to pry Elodie off of her bed. Elodie groaned and shot up.

"Fine. Fine, I'm up." Elodie said groggily. She walked to her bathroom and sat in front of the mirror, waiting for her mom to do her hair.

"There, you look gorgeous." Yvannah said, placing a kiss on the top of Elodie's head. Elodie had done her makeup and just needed to put her dress on.

The girls all walked outside and stood by the tall tree by the swing. Yvannah took some good pictures of them, and noticed Elodie had a bug on her shoulder. She gave the camera to Charleigh, and ran over to her, fixing her appearance for the next picture. Charleigh accidentally took the picture, and Yvannah tried running back to get the camera before the magic already printed that picture out and turned it into a living memory.

"Okay, girls, Weasley's are here

"Okay, girls, Weasley's are here." Yvannah said, opening the front door. The red headed family all piled into the living room. Elodie was eating chicken wings, of course, before the family started to eat their annual Christmas Eve dinner. George came with Luna, and Elodie smirked at him. He rolled his eyes and smiled.

Fred looked at her, and she felt his eyes on her. She slowly looked away from George and locked eyes with him.

She gave him the weakest smile she could, and turned back around to her wings.
"Reckon she'll talk to me?" Fred asked, Ron patting his shoulder. "No, are you mental?" Ron said. Fred side eyed him. "Thanks." He said sarcastically. Ron shrugged and walked to the couch.

Ginny ran up to Elodie, hugging her. "Hey, Gin!" Elodie exclaimed. They had a moment where time sort of froze, and Ginny had the poor girl in her arms. Elodie needed a good hug like this. Elodie pulled away quickly once she smelt that familiar scent. Apart of Ginny's sweater that she had one smelt was the familiar scent of fizzing whispies. It was Fred's favorite candy, and Elodie smelt it almost every time she hugged him.

"Are you okay?" Ginny asked. "Um, yeah. I'll be right back." Elodie said, pushing through the family and running outside. She ran to the hill that separated the yards. She looked up, and saw the most perfect galaxy. It looked just like her enchanted ceiling.

Elodie let herself drop a few tears. She thought the crying was over. She thought it was done.

"Hi."

Elodie snapped her head around, knowing exactly that voice. More tears prickled and stung, threatening to leave at any moment.

"Hi." She shakily replied.
She sniffed, trying to fix herself.

"Are you okay?" He asked, putting his hands in his pockets.
"Hm? Oh, yeah." Elodie said, nodding. "Okay." Fred said. "Okay." Elodie said.

It went silent, the two teenagers looking away at different things, the weight on Elodie's shoulders increasing.

"So, erm, how's your break been?" Fred asked. Elodie didn't know why, but this made her soul feel like it was on fire. Did he really just ask her that? The audacity he had to ask how break has been.

"Really? That's it? 'how's my break been'? Are you serious?" Elodie said, slightly raising her voice as tears ran loose. "Why are you yelling at me? I'm trying to be polite?" Fred fought back. "Because in the last three months I've been DREADING to get away from you. I needed to come home for a break to not see you, but here you are at my house and you follow me outside?! WHY did you follow me outside?!" Elodie yelled.
"BECAUSE I MISS YOU!" Fred yelled, throwing his hands in the air.

"STOP MISSING ME! YOU DID THIS TO ME! IT WASN'T ME AT THAT PARTY DOWN SOMEONE'S THROAT, IT WAS YOU!" Elodie screamed. She was sobbing, finally taking it out on him. She was never, ever, the type to take her emotions out in another individual. This was not how she planned to talk to him, but it felt good to let it out, letting him know just how much damage he caused.

"IF YOU WOULD'VE BLOODY CAME TO ME AND TALKED TO ME ABOUT IT, YOU WOULD'VE KNOWN IT WASN'T ME!" Fred screamed back.
"ME?! GO TO YOU?!? YOU THINK YOU'RE SO FUNNY DON'T YOU?!"
"I TRIED GOING TO YOU! BUT YOUR BEST FRIEND PUSHED ME AWAY. GOD DAMMIT, ELODIE, I WAS DRUGGED. I WAS BLOODY DRUGGED, I COULDN'T CONTROL MY THOUGHTS FOR HER. I WOULDN'T EVEN KNOW SHE EXISTED IF I DIDN'T GO TO THE LIBRARY ONE NIGHT BECAUSE OF YOU!" Fred yelled.

"ME?! I did NOT make you go to a library. YOU ignored me that ENTIRE week!" Elodie spat. "YEAH, because I was getting YOU a bloody PROMISE RING! I WAS GOING TO PROPOSE. I needed to stay away so I didn't blow it! It wasn't my fault. It wasn't." Fred said, now he himself had began to cry. He wasn't one to let himself break, not even alone. Let alone in front of the one he loved most.

Elodie stood there, shocked and frozen. Fresh tears falling every second, chest heaving, and heart racing.

"Say something, El." Fred said, finally looking into her pink swollen eyes, while she looked back at his, full of tears.

"What do you want me to say? There's nothing to say." Elodie whispered.
"There's plenty to say." Fred said.
"And I think you know, too." He added.

Elodie's lip quivered, as he began to walk towards her.
She froze, she didn't want him to, but she most certainly did.

"I had the best time falling in to love." Elodie said. She looked down, breaking their eye contact. She saw Fred's shoes stand right in front of hers, feeling his finger pick up her chin. Oh how she missed that.

"We haven't fallen out of it." Fred said. Elodie was confused. They were over, right? He kissed another girl, wouldn't that make it easy enough to say that they're over?
"Wha-" Elodie said, but felt Fred's lips against hers.

She missed him dearly. He ached for her, they needed each other, and each other is what they get. Fred would never hurt his Elodie on purpose. This is his chance to show her.