53

Elodie decided that since Imogen, Cedric, George, and Fred all went to their common rooms, Elodie would tag along with Ron and Hermione on going to get Harry from Lockhart's.

As they walked down the halls, Hermione was explaining everything they learned in Herbology this morning.

"We learned about mandrake plants! Did you know that the proper use of a mandrake, or mandragora, root is to return those who have been petrified to their original state. It's also quite dangerous, a mandrake's cry is fatal to anyone who hears it." Hermione explained. "Yes, Hermione, we got ten points today because she said those exact words in class." Ron said annoyed. Hermione rolled her eyes, while Elodie literally had a mandrake's leaf in her mouth.

"While you're at it, brag about how you stopped those bloody pixies today in Defense Against the Dark Arts." Ron said, sarcastically smiling. "Pixies? As in, Cornish Pixies?" Elodie asked. "Yeah, I just used immobulus on them. They froze right away." Hermione said. "Damn creatures." Elodie said. Ron and Hermione looked at each other and laughed, hearing Elodie cuss.

As they walked down the last hallway, they saw Harry running.

"Harry!" Elodie said, smiling. "Did you hear it?" Harry asked, frantically looking around. "Hear what?" Ron asked, looking around confused. "That voice." Harry said again. "Voice? What voice?" Elodie asked. "I heard it first in Lockhart's office, and then again jus-" Harry cut himself off. He looked past the three, and down the hallway.

"It's moving." He said. "I think it's going to kill." He added. Harry then darted past them, running in the direction he was starring at. Elodie, Ron, and Hermione looked at each other with confusion, and ran after him.

"Kill?!" Ron asked. "Harry wait!" Hermione called out. "Not so fast!" She said again. Nothing changed, and Harry kept sprinting.

As they ran, Harry was first to step into the corridor. It was flooded with water, and it made Harry's shoes all wet. Harry stopped running, but now was walking dangerously slow. They caught up to him, and he held his arm out, letting them know to stop walking. They watched a trail of spiders crawl out from the cut out in the stone wall.

"Strange." Harry said. "I've never seen spiders act like that." Elodie said, sending the creatures a concerned look. "I don't like spiders." Ron said, his voice getting higher. Their eyes trailed down to a puddle reflecting the wall. "What's that?" Ron asked. They tried to read it through the puddle, but then looked up.

"The Chamber of Secrets has been opened

"The Chamber of Secrets has been opened. Enemies of the heir beware." Hermione read out loud.
"Oh my god..it's written in blood." Elodie added.

"Oh no.." Harry said. They turned to see what he was looking at, and they saw Ms. Norris on the torch hook. Petrified and frozen. "It's Filch's cat...Ms. Norris." Harry added. He looked so heart broken seeing the animal.

A bunch of students started to run into the kids, from either sides. They were surrounded. Everyone gasped, making Harry realize the situation they were in. Everyone thought it was him who wrote it.

"Enemies of the heir beware? You'll be next, mudbloods." Draco spat, looking Hermione dead in the eyes.

"What's goin on 'ere?" Filch said, walking through the pool of students. "Go on, make way, make way." He said. "Potter. What are you-" Filch couldn't bare to finish his sentence. He looked up, seeing his beloved cat hanging from a hook, frozen out of fear.

"Mrs. Norris..." Filch stuttered. He looked back down at Harry. "Yo-u, murdered my cat." Filch said. "No- no..." Harry whispered. He would never. He was also terrified.

"I'll kill ya. I'll KILL YA!" Filch yelled, grabbing Harry's robe collar.

"Argus!" They heard Dumbledore yell. Everyone's attention went straight to the headmaster.
"Argus I-" The professor cut himself off, as well. He looked at the message written on the wall. "Everyone, will proceed to their dormitories immediately." He spoke. Prefect's ran to the front of their houses, leading students to their common rooms.

"Everyone except, you four." Dumbledore said, pointing to Harry, Elodie, Ron and Hermione.

"She's not dead, Argus." Dumbledore said. "She has been petrified." He added. "Ah. Thought so! So unlucky I wasn't there! I know exactly the counter course that could've spared her." Lockhart exclaimed. Everyone still around looked at him in disbelief.

"How she has been petrified I cannot say." Dumbledore said. "Ask him! He's the one who's done it!" Filch said, coking his head to Harry. "You saw what he wrote on the wall!" Filch added.

"It's not true, sir, I swear! I never touched Mrs. Norris." Harry defended. "Rubbish." Filch said.

"If I might, headmaster, perhaps Potter and his friends were simply at the wrong place at the wrong time." Snape said. The kids all exchanged looks. Was Professor Snape really defending the students he 'hated' most? "However. The circumstances are suspicious. I for one, don't recall seeing Potter at dinner." Snape said, walking closer to Harry.

"I'm afraid that's my doing, Severus." Lockhart cut in. "You see, Harry was helping me answer my fan mail." He added. "That's why Ron, Hermione and I went looking for him, Professor. We just found him when he said..." Elodie spoke, turning to Harry as she didn't finish her sentence. "Yes? Ms. Jian?" Snape asked. "When I said I wasn't hungry." Harry finished.

"We were walking Elodie back to her common room when we found Mrs. Norris." Harry said. Snape turned on his heels to Dumbledore, waiting for the headmaster's thoughts.

"Innocent until proven guilty, Severus." Dumbledore said.

"My cat has been petrified. I WANT TO SEE SOME PUNISHMENT!" Filch growled.

"We will be able to cure her, Argus. As I understand it, Madam Sprout has a very healthy growth of mandrakes. And which a potion will be made to revive Mrs. Norris. And in the meantime, I strongly recommend caution. To all." Dumbledore finished.