27

Sep 1, 1990

Elodie had been shook awake. Yvannah was rushing her daughter to apparate to King's Cross. Yvannah laid her out her outfit.

She also finished packing Elodie's tie, robes, scarf, and other necessities. Elodie was all set, but she had less motivation after Luna's incident.

"Hon, I know you're upset for the Lovegoods but we're going to be late." Yvannah said, yanking the sheets off of her.

Elodie finally got up, getting dressed, lipgloss, her usual. She went downstairs to make herself a quick bowl of fruit, then waited for her and her mom to apparate to the forest next to King's Cross.

At the platform between 9&10, Elodie stood there, hugging her mom as genuinely as she could. They kissed each other on their cheeks, and Elodie wiped Yvannah's tears with the pad of her thumb, and ran through the barrier.

She was now on platform nine and three-quarters.
Elodie was a few minutes later than most, so she found the twins pretty fast. She walked up behind Fred, who was much taller than her now. She just stood there, waiting for him to turn around. Ginny looked back, seeing Elodie. Elodie had put a finger up to her mouth, telling Ginny not to expose her.

Fred wasn't one to look back, because he hadn't for a few minutes now. When Molly asked for a goodbye kiss, that's when he finally turned around. He looked down to see his best friend right behind him. He beamed with excitement as she put on her best smile.

"How long have you been there?" Fred asked. He put more of his questioning tone into the word 'you'.
"Long enough. Now hug me!" Elodie said, grabbing his and George's sleeves, pulling them into her.

They took a seat in the corridor next to a few Ravenclaws. Imogen had found them, and Elodie stood up and hugged her.

The group sat and talked, and when the sun went down, Elodie had fallen asleep. Imogen had noticed, and woke her up accidentally.

"Ah I'm sorry, El. Go back to bed." Imogen said, laying Elodie's head back on her shoulder. Fred and George were laughing at some joke they made up that they thought was worth a million chocolate frogs. Imogen hushed them, and pointed at Elodie so that they would realize she was sleeping and keep quiet.

The train had stopped, and Elodie felt herself being shook, again. George woke her up while Fred and Imogen were the last two out of the group to change into their robes. She woke up, taking George's hand as he rushed them through the train. Second years and up needed to be the first ones to the sorting ceremony, so that is where they went. They met up with Fred and Imogen at the doors, and walked in all together. Elodie waved at some of the people she recognized from last year, and separated from George and Fred. Her and Imogen walked tot heir usual Puff table. Elodie was so excited to be back. They put on their tall, pointy black hats as they waited for the first years to arrive.

Dumbledore stood up from his seat, and Mcgonagall pushed through the Great Hall doors and down the row of tables, through the hall and up to the familiar sorting hat that Elodie was placed under, exactly one year ago.

And of course, Dumbledore did not let the ceremony start without a speech.

"I greet you with open arms, first years. I wish you a welcome back, to my elder students." Dumbledore began.

The rest of his speech went on, talking about the rules of this year, same ones repeatedly each year, and the boundaries.

With his final sentence, the sorting ceremony began.

"When I call your name, please step up to the hat." Mcgonagall announced. Elodie felt weird, not having to get sorted again. She wouldn't be under that hat ever again, but instead she would be watching other kids get sorted into their new homes.

"HUFFLEPUFF!" The hat yelled. A random, but new first year ran up to their table, and Elodie held her hand out awaiting his high five. She was yelling, clapping, and probably even laughing the loudest. It did indeed, catch a bunch of attention.

With each new Hufflepuff being added to their badger family, Elodie clapped. She clapped as fast as a Hyppogriff could run. Dumbledore had even looked over at her, laughing a few times. Elodie was Hufflepuff's new cheerleader, making everyone feel comfort around her. She even welcomed better than the prefects.

"You can calm down now, El." Imogen said, laughing as Elodie clapped for the last Hufflepuff of the night.
"But it's way too fun. That was us last year, and no one welcomed us as amazingly as I am." Elodie said, deepening her voice out of confidence. Imogen laughed once again, and held her hands up in defense.

Dumbledore waved his hands, and the feast had began. Elodie bit into her chicken wings, for the first time in two months, and almost fell back out of her seat. Her back was to the Gryffindor table, and she felt something hit her back. She turned around as she saw a tiny white crumbled up paper fall beneath her. She picked it up and opened it up.
"Are those chicken wings heaven, El?
-Freddie"

First of all, yes they were. Second of all, how did Fred get his hands on a piece of paper already?

She turned her back to see him smirking at her. She stuck her tongue out at him, and he sarcastically made a hurt/shocked expression. Elodie turned around, back to eating. But she burst into laughter no longer than a second later, laughing at the note.

Elodie walked back to the common room, and straight up to hers, Imogen's, and Hannah Abbott's dorm. Hannah never spoke to them, so the dorm was mostly always quiet last year. Elodie started to undo her robe, when the door opened. She expected it to be Imogen or Hannah, until she heard a new voice.

"Oh! I'm so sorry!" The voice said. Elodie jumped and turned around. "Uh- my parchment said this number was my dorm.. I should've knocked." The girl said. It was a first year Elodie's never seen before.

"You're fine, I'll be in the bathroom, though." Elodie said, running to the bathroom to continue taking her robes off.

She had come back out to her dorm, sitting on her bed. "What's your name? Normally Hannah is supposed to be here, but I guess maybe she transferred dorms." Elodie said. The tiny blonde turned towards her, and said, "Oh, I'm Dove." The first year said. The two girls had officially met, and Elodie laid down. Imogen came in, and questioned the first year.

As Elodie heard Dove repeat her name, she fell asleep. She hoped nothing bad had happened to her mom, and that nothing will while she's away.