40

"We have like another hour or so before we fully arrive. What a girl." Elodie said, smiling. "More like what a lunatic. Did you see the way she came in here?" Ron said, clearly not enjoying Hermione's acquaintance. "I am going to get dressed, though. Be right back." Elodie said, as she went to go change into her robes in the train bathroom.

It was night time, and Elodie and Imogen met up. "Oh my god! Gen! You'll never believe it!" Elodie said, hugging Imogen and greeting her. "What?!" Imogen said. "Harry Potter comes to Hogwarts now! I sat with him on the ride here." Elodie informed her friend. Imogen's eyes widened, and a blonde first year stood behind them. They made their way towards the castle while they heard Hagrid gathering them up.

Elodie sat next to Imogen, across from Cedric, and sat there, waiting for the First Years to walk through the Great Hall doors. She knew Ron would get into Gryffindor. There was no doubt. Fred and George had told her that for centuries, the Weasley's have been getting sorted into Gryffindor. As for Harry, no one really new.

Harry's POV:

I was on a boat, with Ron and a few other first years. We were going across the black lake and on our way to be sorted.

We went into the castle, and were stopped by an old woman in a long black robe set with a matching black witch hat.

"Welcome to Hogwarts. Now, in a few moments you will pass through these doors and join your classmates but before you can take your seats, you must be sorted into your houses. There are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. Now while you're here your house will be like your family." The woman spoke. When she said Slytherin, a few people behind me started to whisper. Was Slytherin bad?

"Your triumphs will earn you points. Any rule breaking, and you will lose points. At the end of the year, The house with the most points is awarded the House cup-" The lady was interrupted when a load toad noise was heard on the floor in front of her. "TREVOR!" A boy said, pushing through some people to collect his toad. That must be Neville, the boy Hermione told us about on the train. Everyone giggled at him, and the lady looked down at him in disbelief. "Sorry." He said softly, walking back to his spot.

"The sorting ceremony will begin momentarily." She said, and walked off. Leaving us on the stairs, looking around at the castle. A boy with super bright blonde hair said from right next to me, catching my attention, "It's true then. What they're saying on the train. Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts." He said, making heads turn, including mine. Everyone started to whisper my name, and I felt a little uncomfortable. "This is Crabbe, and Goyle." He said, cocking his head towards the two boys on either side of him. "And I'm Malfoy. Draco, Malfoy." He said, now in front of me. Ron chuckled, and Draco's head shot straight at him. "Think my name's funny, do you? No need to ask yours. Red hair, and a hand me down robe? You must be a Weasley." He said. Ron's smile fell. I guess the Weasley's were known well in the wizarding world.

"You'll soon find out that some Wizarding families are better than others, Potter. You don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort." He said, turning to look at Ron during the last part of his sentence. "I can help you there." Draco said, holding his hand out. Did he really expect me to shake his hand?

"I think I can tell the wrong sort for myself, thanks." I said. Not taking his hand. He looked at me dead in the eyes with confusion, and the old woman came back, tapping his shoulder with a parchment scroll. "We're ready for you now." She spoke, and he moved out of the way, letting me through.

Third Person

Elodie heard the Great Hall doors open, and in-came all the new First Years. They walked up towards the sorting hat, and followed the same procedure that last years students did, and now Ron's year would do.

"Hermione Granger!" Mcgonagall yelled. Hermione looked to the side, and opened her mouth out of fear. She looked back in front of her, and walked up to the hat. "Oh no. Okay. Relax." Hermione told herself.

"Mental, that one. I'm telling ya." Ron said, whispering to Harry. Harry nodded, and they watched her get sorted.

"Ahh. Right then. Mmm, right! Okay. GRYFFINDOR!" The hat said, and Elodie applauded, once again, louder than most. She smiled and hopped off the stool. The twins gave her a high five once she sat down.

"Draco Malfoy." Mcgonagall said, and the blonde haired boy stepped up to the stool.

Before the hat was even placed on his head all the way, the hat yelled "SLYTHERIN!" Ron turned to Harry, and whispered in his ear, "There's not a witch or wizard who hasn't gone bad who wasn't in Slytherin."

"Susan Bones." A red haired girl stepped up, and the hat sorted her into Hufflepuff. Elodie went wild.

"WOOOOOO!!" She yelled, and Susan smiled at her, and Elodie returned the smile. "Blimey, El. Be a little louder next time." Imogen said, holding her left ear. Elodie laughed and apologized.

Ron was sorted into Gryffindor, as expected. Fred and George stood up and clapped for them, messing with his hair once he sat down with them. Percy just clapped with a straight face.

"Harry Potter." Mcgonagall said. The room went silent. You could hear a fly buzz from a mile away. Dumbledore even straightened his posture, making sure to give Harry his full attention. Before Harry walked up, he made eye contact with Snape. Harry sighed out of pain, and held his scar.

Everyone was whispering as Harry sat on the stool. "Hmm. Difficult. Very difficult. Plenty of courage, I see. Not a bad mind, either. There's talent. Oh yes. And a thirst to probe yourself. But. where to put you?" The hat sang. Harry closed his eyes, and began wishing. "Not Slytherin. Not. Slytherin." He whispered. "Not Slytherin, eh?" The hat said. "Are you sure? You could be great you know. It's all here, in your head. And Slytherin will help you on the way to greatness! There's no doubt about that! No? Well.. if you're sure... better be.....GRYFFINDOR!"

The room was full of cheers, and everyone else was now sorted.

The feast began, and as always, Elodie ate her beloved chicken wings. "Do you ever get tired of those things?" Imogen asked, laughing at Elodie.
"Pft, never." Elodie said.

Dumbledore stood up, tapping a water goblet for everyone's attention. "I have a few start of term notices I wish to announce. The first years please note, that the dark forest is strictly Forbidden, to all students. Also, our caretaker, Mr. Filch, wishes me to tell you that the Third Floor Corridor is out of bounds. Anyone who does not wish to die a most painful death ought to stay away." He said, and he allowed the feast to resume.

"That's weird, Potter comes to Hogwarts and all of a sudden the Third Floor corridor is off limits? Lame." Imogen said. Elodie looked at Dumbledore, in a concerned way. He felt her eyes on him as he turned towards her, softly smiling back.