78

Time after time has gone by since the mishap with Draco. No one's really seen him as much, mostly because he was turned into a ferret and put down his best friend's pants, but that's besides the point.

The first task was now about to take place. And of course, George, along with Fred, was going around for people's money.

"BETS! CMON PLACE YOUR BETS!" Fred yelled, walking around the dome. "BETS TAKEN HERE!" George yelled.
Elodie really just wanted them to sit down, but no.
Knowing the twins, they wouldn't even be paying attention, but rooting for the dragons rather than the students fighting them.

Elodie tried to ignore her legilimency to the best of her abilities.

'Chicken'
'Do dragons shit themselves? Their arms are too short to wipe.'
'Bloody hell. Why am I here.'
'Dragons need to win. Stupid Potter.'
'DIGGORY! YES!'

Every direction she looked, she heard disturbing, chanting, and negative thoughts. She wished she could only use it on animals. That would be way quieter and easier.

Elodie watched as Hermione said something to Ron a few benches down, getting up and running over to the tent. Hermione then went in, and saw the red sleeve of Harry's shirt wrap itself around the girl.

As much as Elodie wasn't apart of their trio whatsoever, she enjoyed seeing Harry and Hermione back together. Ron's drama split them apart for enough time.

"CAN I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION, PLEASE." Dumbledore announced through the microphones.
"This is a great day for all of us! Each of the three tasks consists of considerable danger. Please keep your seats at all times, as we will now minimize the time for the first task to begin. Thank you."
Dumbledore announced, walking down from the tall tower and towards the tent full of nervous children.

"I'm honestly terrified." Imogen admitted, leaning in to Elodie's ear. "You don't say." Elodie sarcastically said, smirking at Imogen. She rolled her eyes as Elodie giggled.
"Gen, he'll be fine." Elodie positively said. Imogen nodded. Of course he'd be fine. He's Cedric, he was never dull.

A loud canon made the crowd go insane. Cedric was up first. "WHOOO! YEAH CEDDY BEAR!" Fred yelled, awaiting for Cedric to walk out of the tent. Elodie shot him a confused look, which made Fred's face fall and him sit back down.
The crowd now began chanting "Diggory!"

The first task has begun.

He walked out, trying his best to gain confidence.
"Wow what a guy." George said, pretending to cat call him. Cedric looked at the group from the top of his eyes, holding back his laughter, but failing to hold back a smile.
They all laughed at him once they saw him break his straight face because of them.

"I hope the dragon is nice to him. Wouldn't want the nargles telling it to hurt Cedric." Luna said.
"Oh I'm sure he'll be fine, Luna." Elodie said.

After a while of watching Cedric throw random spells at the creature, it finally came to a stop. Cedric received the golden egg that the dragon was guarding, and the crowd went wild.

Following next was Krum, who threw one or two spells at the dragon and then it began chasing him. He eventually got the egg.

Fleur was absolutely scared, it showed, but she went in and participated just as well as the rest of them. She probably had the most sweetest dragon, but now that it was protecting its belonging, it threw fire at her and what not. It was a nice show, though.

Next up, Harry.

"Three of our champions have now faced their dragons. And so now, each one of them will individually proceed to the next task. Now, our fourth and final contestant." Dumbledore said.

Harry slowly walked out from the tent, almost out of the small cave like tunnel that separated the tent and the grounds. Everyone was now chanting Harry's name, even the dragon's..Oddly enough.

The crowd went absolutely silent, as did Harry. He spotted the golden egg, but no dragon. Harry slowly stepped forward, then begun pacing. That's when the dragon, the same beast from the Dark Forest with Hagrid. The Hungarian Horntail flew down, almost stepping on the boy. Elodie ducked out of instinct, not really wanting to see anything happen.

But, the millions of people watching also ducked down.

As it almost set Harry on fire, the audience let out a bunch of cringed 'ooohs', as the twins, let out satisfied 'ooohs'. Fred even grabbed binoculars to look even further. They were so simple minded, it was funny. Funny in ways that could get Harry killed without the dragon.

As Harry was struggling, Hermione screamed at him to use his wand.

"Acco Firebolt!" Harry yelled.
The dragon was spitting fire straight at the rock Harry was hidden behind. He kept peaking out to see where his broomstick was and when the right moment to jump onto it was.

The second peak of his head was estimably the exact moment he could've jumped on his broom, and so he did, flying far away from the chained dragon.

He tried flying just enough distance downwards to try and snatch the egg, but failed. Elodie looked over to see Draco and his gang clapping and laughing.

When Elodie looked back, she saw the dragon pull hard enough to break loose from the chains, now flying after Harry.

He flew straight under a canopy where the Professors were sitting, but the horntail, obviously, ripped the fabric with its tail as it flew overhead.

"YESS! WELL DONE DRAGON!" Fred yelled.
"WILL. YOU. SIT. DOWN." Elodie snapped, pulling Fred down by his shirt.

It then went quiet, Harry and the horntail were no where in sight, and Elodie's heart was pounding.

"Cmon, Harry." Elodie whispered to herself.

The dragon, as well as Harry, were in very faint view. They were just tiny dots floating in the distance of the cloudy sky. They both dipped down under the bridge of Hogwarts, almost falling it looked like.

Everyone was shifting in their seats, quietly trying to look around for any signs of the boy.
Silence filled the atmosphere as nothing happened. Elodie, Hermione, and even Ron, were about to lose hope.

Until they heard the flying noises his broom left behind. He was now flying back towards the stadium, so far no signs of the creature.

And just as he flew back into bounds, he grabbed the golden egg.

Which would now be displayed in the Gryffindor common room.