48

Elodie was now 14.

It was the summer before her fourth year. Her and the group-that-must-not-be-named were all at a vacation like house, with their parents. It was convenient because it was a huge plot of land with two decent sized homes. In the brown one, the kids shared. In the grey one, the adults shared. They wanted to get away for a little bit. As for the others, Ron, Percy, Hermione, Harry, and Ginny, they were all at their regular homes. Percy was watching Ron and Ginny while Harry was still at the Dursley's. The group just needed to be teenagers and the adults needed to be adults, not older siblings or parents.

There were three rooms in each house.
Fred and George shared, Luna and Elodie shared, and trusted enough, Imogen and Cedric shared. This was only when the parents went inside to say goodnight, though. How it actually was, was George and Luna, Imogen and Cedric, and Fred and Elodie. No, it wasn't a make-out party if that's what you're thinking.
There were two beds in each room.

Luna and George had actually confessed to each other, and they got closer after that. Everyone calls it dating, George and Luna call it a crush.

Imogen and Cedric haven't gotten any less romantic for their age. It was always them kissing, holding hands, cuddling, and what not.

Fred and Elodie, still oblivious. Elodie more so than Fred. They have officially made a New Years kiss a thing for them, and Fred really started to get into rings. He had at least four on each hand when he felt bold. He let Elodie wear them, too.

It was the night after Elodie's birthday, and the group was all outside having a bonfire. They were all telling stories about their past or just made up ones. Elodie was sat next to Imogen, both girls wrapped up in the same blanket, Elodie leaning onto her best friend's shoulder. Luna was wearing George's 'G' sweater, and their fingers were gently intertwined. Fred and Cedric were awkwardly sharing a log, because they didn't really know each other and the ones they did know best were all taken at the moment.

"Elodie, truth or dare?" Imogen asked, looking down at Elodie's head. "Mmm, dare." She replied, starring directly into the fire. Imogen looked towards Fred, and he was slightly looking at Elodie. Imogen didn't know why they weren't sitting together how her and Elodie were. "I dare you to go sit with Fred." Imogen said in a calm voice. And for the first time in about an hour, Elodie put her head up, looking into Imogen's eyes. Imogen smiled and nodded, and Elodie smiled back. She looked at Cedric who was already standing up. She swapped spots with Cedric, and the blanket Fred was attached to was now on Elodie's shoulders, too.

"Hi." Elodie said, starring into Fred's eyes. "Hi." He replied, letting out a small laugh and turning back to the fire. Everything was now in place.

"Uhh, Luna. Truth or dare?" Elodie asked, looking across the fire at her. "I think truth." Luna replied, voice as calm as normal. Elodie squinted her eyes, thinking. "Have you and my dear friend Georgie made out before?" Elodie asked. Imogen started whistling, and George turned red. "Just say snogging." Fred whispered in her ear. Elodie nodded, making a mental note for next time. "It was very innocent." Luna replied. Elodie laughed, and fell to Fred's shoulder. She picked it back up, the hair in her ponytail swinging back to the other shoulder.

"Fred. Truth or dare?" Luna asked. Fred turned a bit red. "Dare! Who do you think I am?" Fred replied. George laughed, whispering one into Luna's ears. She smiled slightly, and turned back to Fred. "Kiss Elodie for ten seconds." Luna said. Cedric started coughing up his laughs. Elodie's eyes widened, nose turning red. She shifted a little bit, not knowing if she wanted this or not.

"We don't have t-" Fred said, but Elodie nodded softly, making up her mind. He inched his face awkwardly towards hers, and they closed their eyes as their lips brushed against each others.

Imogen stood up and clapped as the two stayed attached for the entire ten seconds. Cedric stood up, doing the same, then George, then Luna.

Elodie had wrote to Harry a bunch over the summer, but nothing in reply. She also had a lot of thoughts this summer in general. Elodie figured that now was a good year to attempt the Animagus experiment with Luna. She also figured out that she really liked Fred. A lot. Elodie figured since Luna and George's friendship didn't go to waste when they started dating, hers wouldn't either, if telling him was something she would get around to.

Back to Harry, she was worried. Ron and Hermione have also been asking her if she's been hearing from him, meaning Harry hasn't even been writing to his two best friends.

The families and friends were leaving their getaway home tomorrow, so they spent their time at the bonfire wisely. They also figured that they would sleep in a tent outside tonight was the way to go.

Elodie fell asleep, Fred's sweater glued to her body. Tonight was a cold one, and he gave her his sweater when he noticed how cold her arms were. He slept right next to her, in his own sleeping bag.

When she woke up, Fred's face was the first thing she saw. She was sort of frightened, not knowing hot to react to his face inches from hers. She sat up, and noticed Imogen's arm was wrapped around her torso. With Fred's face jump scaring her awake and Imogen holding her body down, Elodie groaned. She tiptoed out of the tent, walking into the house.

"Morning, Elodie." Luna said, drinking a mug of coffee. "I didn't know you drank coffee." Elodie said. "I prefer tea, but I also wanted to try it with a load of sugar. Your mum said it tasted better." Luna replied. Elodie laughed. "Yeah, my mom makes like eight sugar-filled coffees a day." Elodie said.

Their conversation lasted about twenty minutes before a half awake George walked into the house. "Morning, loser." Elodie said, standing on her toes to ruffle his hair. "Arse." George replied, gently pushing her head away. He walked up to Luna and bent down to kiss her head. A faint pink stained her cheeks, and Elodie melted. She loved seeing them.

"Uh, hey guys. Elodie c'mere for a minute." Yvannah said, asking Elodie to come outside the house to talk. Elodie got up from her half-awake friends, curiously, and walked to her mom. She shut the door behind her.

"What's up?" Elodie asked. "Charleigh, your sister, is gonna stay with us until you go back to Hogwarts. So only a few days." Yvannah said. Elodie's eyes widened, almost dropping her mug.

"Wh- why-" Elodie kept cutting herself off, not being able to focus. "I made arrangements because your fath- Thomas isn't treating her well. Way worse than you had it. So even though the mom and I don't necessarily see eye to eye, I agreed to take the poor girl in. She's also older than we thought, I guess she isn't new born. She's around 3, maybe 4." Yvannah said, informing her daughter. Elodie's heart broke. The man who is only her father by blood was hitting a toddler for her gender. This was insane. "I want her to stay longer. Do whatever you can mom, please. That girl is only a baby, she doesn't deserve beatings for something she doesn't understand." Elodie said, slowly tearing up. Yvannah didn't expect her to say that, but very glad she did. "I'll write to Morgan as soon as I can." Yvannah said, pushing Elodie towards the door to the house. "Be ready in about an hour cause we're leaving soon." Yvannah added.

Elodie walked inside, and all she wanted was Fred. She walked over to him, standing in between his legs as he sat on the couch.

"Well hello, love." He said. Love. That was new. "Hi." She said softly. Elodie put her fingers in his hair, brushing through as much as she could. He told her him and George were growing it out, and super excited for it to get longer.

Fred wrapped his arms around the backs of her thighs, placing his chin on her stomach, looking up at her.
He knew all she wanted was comfort by the look in her eyes. So that's what he was going to give her.