25

August 24, 1990

The day before Elodie's birthday had arrived.
Yvannah had returned from Germany, while helping her ill sister. The Weasley's grew a stronger attachment during that week of time with Elodie. They felt that she kept them sane.

So now, they were once again preparing Elodie's birthday. Yvannah had agreed, after receiving the letter from their tiny get together in their own kitchen. Fred and George were in charge of gifts, since they knew her the absolute best. Everyone had a certain job to put the plan into place.

The family only had a matter of 12 hours left. They were pacing back and forth all night, and went to bed at around midnight.

Sadly, the twins couldn't jump on her bed at midnight since they were too busy stuck at home planning for her. She would totally understand once she knew what was going on.

Yvannah had also made sure she stayed inside all day, which made her more and more grumpy. Elodie was too much of an outsider. literally, to stay in her room all day. She even cried over the sandwich her mom made her for lunch she was so needy.

Elodie was finally asleep, for the last time of her being 11. Elodie was sincere, so she made it count. She put on her most favorite pajamas and made sure Yvannah made her a nice snack before bed.

She was wrapped up in her fluffy blankets and comforter, in her very dimly lit room. Elodie had, actually, fell asleep reading a more detailed Transfiguration book. She has taken quite a liking to the book, and it will help her during second year. She also found out, that a second year additional class is creatures. That, she couldn't be more excited for. It would be a ton of extra work, but if it had anything to do with the Hyppogriffs her mother talked about when she would read Elodie bedtime stories, dragons that could befriend the wizards and witches, or even as simple as Bruin, her bubbly spirited puffskein.

Even Dashur, her own Hyppogriff himself was still interesting to her. Every free chance she got this summer she took a ride with him. Elodie thought this birthday would be special. She thought that no matter what would happen, nothing would go bad.

But, yet again, she thought her mom had everything planned.

August 25, 1990

Elodie awoken. She had one of the best sleeps in a long time. She also remembered that today, was her twelfth birthday. Elodie shot up out of bed, and began to get dressed.

Since she was a little too tall for her last birthday dress, she decided to wear one her mother got her over Christmas.

It was a pink two-piece dress, that had a skirt going just above her knees, and the top was a tank top with matching mesh.

Elodie smiled to herself in her full body mirror, and did a twirl. She let her hair out of the braids she intentionally fell asleep in, making her hair the most flawless waves.

Of course, she did not leave her room without lip gloss. She thought today she would obviously wear her birthday cake flavored gloss. At first, she didn't understand why a muggle would name something birthday cake if it wasn't a real thing, until she got some in her mouth, and it tasted sweet.

Her lips were now glossy, her hair was gorgeous, and she was perfectly dressed. She just needed shoes.

Elodie was rummaging through her room, trying to find a decent pair of shoes to go with her outfit. She heard footsteps, and tried hiding so no one would see her yet. The door opened and Yvannah ran to the floor, hugging her daughter.

"Oh happy birthday my flower! You look so beautiful!" Yvannah said. Elodie turned around, showcasing her smile that made birds sing.

"What are you doing on the floor?" Yvannah asked. "I can't find any nice shoes to go with my dress, all I have are a pair of sandals and my ankle boots." Elodie replied. Yvannah had a cheeky smirk on her face.