95

It had been 3 months since Cedric's death. Imogen hadn't wrote a single letter to Elodie all summer. She understood.

Fred took Elodie out on tiny little dates to Hogsmeade or around Diagon Alley, whichever she preferred the night before.

It was now August, meaning Elodie would be turning 17. Her last year of attending Hogwarts, school of Witchcraft and Wizardry, her third home.

The Weasley's haven't changed, but Ginny. Ginny had started to like boys. Of course, there was always Harry. But recently, she'd told Charleigh all about Dean Thomas and how she's "opened her eyes to such sweetness."

It was the night before the 25th, and Elodie had just stepped out of the shower.

"Char, can you come in here." Elodie hollered from the upstairs bathroom. She was rubbing her hair between 2 ends of a towel when Charleigh's knocks were heard on the other side of the wooden door.

"It's unlocked." Elodie called out.
Charleigh came in dressed and ready for bed.

"Yeah?" Charleigh asked.

"Tomorrow when we blow out my candles and do the cake I want you to be in charge of the pictures." Elodie said with a grin.

"REALLY?!" Charleigh exclaimed. No one had trusted her with the camera work after she dropped Yvannah's last one in the river by the side of the house.

"Yeah." Elodie replied. The two girls had finished up with their teeth and headed to bed.

At Midnight, Elodie heard crackling at her window. Of course, she already expected the twins to be starting her birthday hassles and shenanigans.

She smiled into her pillow as she got up and walked up to the panel, sliding it upwards and whispering,
"What are you doing this year."

"You're seventeen! C'mon!! Go outside!" George whisper yelled as Fred pointed aggressively to the ground beneath them as they were riding their broomsticks.

Elodie closed the window and looked at Charleigh to check if she was still sleeping. She was. Elodie smiled and tiptoed downstairs, opening the front door and slipping through.
"Make this quick, I'm only in socks." Elodie giggled.

"You are now officially allowed to do magic." Fred said.
"We suggest you take this." George said, looking at Fred.

"Accio Veela hair!" Fred said, pointing to Elodie's bedroom window. The window had opened, and out came Elodie's wand.

"I like where this is going." Elodie mischievously smiled, grabbing her wand and hopping on the back of Fred's broom.
"Where to?" Elodie asked.

"You'll see." The twins said in unison.

Elodie rolled her eyes playfully and looked over at George who smirked at her, and off they went.

"Hold on, cute one. We'll be there in about twenty more minutes." Fred said.
"Gee, Thanks." George said, pretending to blush.

Elodie laughed out loud and they raced faster to their destination.

Elodie turned her head to see tons of floating lights, young wizards with their families and the sky turning a soft blue color.
"Guys! This is beautiful!" Elodie said, resting her chin on Fred's shoulder from behind him.

"This isn't just it." George said winking at her. They started to head down and Elodie remembered she's in pajamas and socks.

"Um. Guys." Elodie said as the twins were about to walk away from their brooms.