3

A few days have passed, and it landed on Friday, August 25, 1989. Elodie turns 11 today.

Elodie's eyes opened that morning, and her mom had tied balloons to her bed posts. She had ran to her closet to put on her dress that she had been waiting to wear all year. She put on this pale yellow, long sleeve dress that made her tan skin tanner than what it appeared to really be. Her brown highlighted hair was messy, but still in her beautiful waves. She brushed it out and called her mom in to finish her hair.
"Mom!! Can you come put two braids in my hair?" She yelled. Her mom came running into her room and she gasped. "Wow. You look stunning my little 11 year old!" Yvannah said, putting her hands to her mouth. "Thank You." Elodie said, doing a little curtsy. She told her mom she wanted a braid crown and leave the rest of her hair down.

Her hair was done, her mom allowed her to put mascara and lip gloss on, and they were about to head out

"Momma, where are you and daddy taking me?" Elodie asked. "Mmm...honey I don't think daddy's coming with us." Yvannah said, disappointed. "What? Why not?" She said shocked. "He told me he had a meeting with the ministry early this morning, something he couldn't get out of." Yvannah replied. "I'm sorry, flower. He'll still bring you something home." She added. Elodie gave her best smile and her mom held out her hand.
Elodie grabbed her hand they apparated to a sunflower field. It had a wooden bridge going across a stream. There was nothing else in sight besides the bridge and sunflowers. Elodie was super excited.

"What are we doing here?" Elodie asked, turning to her mother and smiling. "Well I figured that maybe we could have a picnic on that bridge." Her mother said. Elodie was super excited to be here. "How did you know where to go?" Elodie asked. "I got super lonely one time when I was about your age. There used to be a big tree with a swing, but it died and they needed to chop it down. Anyways, I never really had any friends besides Uncle Darvon. So, during my time at Hogwarts, the Headmaster Albus Dumbledore, your Headmaster as well, apparated me to this field. He told me he always knew flowers would spark me. And ever since then I grew up coming here for some alone time." Yvannah said, laying out an orange picnic blanket on the bridge.
"Can I start coming here, too?" Elodie asked. Her mom sent her a smile and a nod.

They began to eat, and Elodie tried to teach her mom how to do a cartwheel. They had a lot of spirit in them, and together, they were inseparable. Yvannah's never felt this free before. They laughed till they fell, they picked so many sunflowers, and Elodie found a few dandelions. Good thing Yvannah brought the new camera her mother owled to her. They took pictures, ate, ran around, played so many outdoor games, and overall just bonded. It was about 4 O'clock now, and Yvannah had one more thing, her cake.

Yvannah opened it up, while Elodie was picking a few last flowers.
"Cmon babe, let's do your cake." Yvannah yelled. "Okay I'm comin." Elodie replied. She skipped towards the bridge and she stopped and froze once she saw the cake. "Is that- my cake?" Elodie asked, super shocked. "Yes ma'am, it is." Yvannah said, looking up at her daughter and smiling. Elodie threw herself in her mother's lap and thanked her a million times.
"I know it's small, but it's just the two of us eating it." Yvannah said. "So? It's beautiful and I love it!" Elodie said. Her mother kissed her cheek and the two began to eat.

"School starts next week, are you excited?" The woman asked

"School starts next week, are you excited?" The woman asked. "Yep! I'm gonna learn so much stuff." Elodie said, smiling. They were obviously worn out, and didn't show as much excitement as they would've normally. "How did you and that other woman meet? Molly?" Elodie asked. Her mother smiled to herself and replied , "Molly was...very loud. She had beautiful red long hair, and mine looked like yours. Super long, wavy, and no one could tell if it was brown or blonde. But we were known for the 'best hair' back then. We bonded over it and then, well, we became close." Yvannah said, smiling at the memories. "Of course there was more to it, but that's basically how we started to click." She added. Elodie smiled at the thought of making friends for crazy reasons. She was just so ecstatic.

After they finished, they apparated back to their home. Elodie was tired, it was barely five O'clock, and they both had headed to their bathrooms. Elodie ran a bath and Yvannah took a shower. Elodie took her last muggle bath until Hogwarts. She was washing her hair by ducking into the water, and once her head hit the water, for some reason, the Weasley boy came to her mind.

She found it odd, but just went on with her evening. She put on her favorite pair of fuzzy socks and some comfortable pajamas. She walked over to her bookshelf and grabbed 'The Book Thief'. It was her favorite book, even though technically she wasn't of age to read it. She sat in a bean bag chair that her muggle grandmother had gotten her and began to read. Yvannah was about to walk to her room to see if she wanted to play some wizards chess, but then saw her daughter sitting crisscrossed and had her book in her lap with her elbow propped up on her knee. She quietly tip-toed to the living room where her camera was. She walked back up the tiny staircase and snapped a picture of Elodie. The snap of the camera made Elodie's head shoot up from her book, and her hand let go of her face.

"Why are you taking pictures of me? All I'm doing is reading." Elodie said with a smirk on her face. "You looked cute so I took some pictures of my kid. Got a problem?" Yvannah said, holding up two fists pretending to play fight her daughter. "Umm, yes mom, I do." Elodie said, standing up from the bag chair. She began walking to her mother with her fists up, too. Yvannah picked Elodie up and threw her gently on the bed. "Not so strong now, are ya little girl?" Yvannah said laughing, walking out of her room.

She noticed the magic had already transferred the moving picture of her and her mom at the sunflower field onto her nightstand. She picked it up and smiled. She walked over to her trunk and placed it on top of her clothes. "All packed. I'm so ready" Elodie said to herself, smiling.