28

As morning arrived, Elodie had woken up with the sun. It was Sunday, meaning today was the last day of her preparation for classes.
She had passed by a few classmates from last year who knew about her duel, so they would clap for her here and there. She wasn't a first year anymore, so she had no excuse on slacking or getting caught to go to the forest.

Elodie had gotten dressed, into a yellow custom sweatshirt Luna got her, and on the top it said 'nargle blessed'. She let her hair do its own thing today, meaning she would leave it in the ponytail she had slept in.

Elodie tried her best to be absolutely quiet, bringing her wand to her feet to cast a silencing charm. Her wand was a little rusty, as it hadn't been touched all summer because she isn't of age yet. Yvannah wanted to teach her spells so badly, but if the Ministry found out Elodie was performing underage magic, who knows what the consequences would be.

Elodie was downstairs on the main floor, about to head out. She pointed her wand at the locked door, that kept the castle safe and secure. Elodie had suddenly stopped, hearing a voice behind her.

"Going somewhere, Ms. Jian?" Dumbledore said. Elodie turned on her heels, scared and not knowing how to save herself for this. "I assume you were on your way to the forest, as you normally would be." He added.
"How did you-" Elodie tried, but Professor Dumbledore was to clever for her to be sneaking out.

"I've watched you, all year, Elodie. I've been making sure Ms. Norris was distracted at all times." Professor said. She smiled, knowing the entire year that she had snuck to the most dangerous forest to the wizarding world, and he knew all along.
Dumbledore sort of had a soft spot, for knowing one of his students talked to creatures to help her with stress, loneliness, or just boredom in general. Elodie was such a unique girl, everyone would truly have a heavy impact from her. Even by looking at her, you wouldn't be blank, or dull. Albus Dumbledore became headmaster for people like her. To help educate the ones with lively spirits, the ones with a delicate touch, the one who's heart beat for everyone.

Elodie, also, didn't believe in the kinds of hatred that Slytherins would pass on about blood types. Elodie
herself was a pureblood, but her grandmother is a muggle. She learned to grow with and love all types, whether it may be blood status, human or not, whatever it may be, Elodie Jian had a place in her heart for you.

"You better be off before Filch wakes up, shouldn't you?" Dumbledore said, winking at her. She smiled and thanked him, and ran off to the forest. Hagrid was up, and watched the tiny girl run through the forest.

"Clara!!" Elodie yelled, running up to the unicorn guarding the forest. She hugged the tall creature, and Clara returned it by wrapping her long snout against Elodie's back.

Elodie went for a walk today, instead of just sitting down. As she went for a walk, she heard a crunch of leaves behind her. She swiftly turned around, to find nothing was behind her. She grew confused, and also a little bit scared. She wasn't too far deep in, but she also didn't know if someone could've followed her. The same crunch was heard again, now behind her from where she had just turned from. She jerked her body to face that side again, and once again, nothing.
Elodie was now a little scared. She stood still, and she heard it again. This time, she decided not to turn. It got closer, and Elodie had her wand at the ready. She turned towards it, to see a super bony, black winged horse type of creature.

Elodie turned in a circle, to find a ton of them, actually. She heard another crunch, but this time in a different tone. She turned towards the sound, and Luna was there, feeding one.

"Thestrals." Luna said, walking behind Elodie. "What?" "They're called Thestrals. Only people who have witnessed death can see them." Luna replied. Both girls looked down, and Elodie saw Luna was barefoot, which wasn't something new, but Elodie still asked her about it.

"Your shoes, they're gone." Elodie said. Luna looked down, and nodded. "It's okay, I enjoy it better, anyways."

The girls went to pet these new creatures, who were now going to the river to lie down or drink from it. Luna had a pouch full of apples and meat, handing each creature one or the other.

"What brings you down, Elodie?" Luna asked. Elodie softly smiled, and replied, "I've come here almost every day in first year. I just wanted to check up on Lupo, Clara, and the other creatures who I have yet to name." With a soft giggle.

Luna smiled at her reasoning, and turned back to the animal. They both loved the creatures that people took for a joke. Like thestrals, no one would be able to see them unless you've witnessed someone die. Even if you could see them, people would be more scared of them than adored. The wolves that traveled in their packs here, would also scare away the ordinary.

"I wonder why I must've missed you each day last year." Luna said, breaking the silence. "You used to come here, too?" Elodie questioned. "Mhm. I come to get away, because most of the nargles told everyone to call me Loony." Luna said. Elodie heard about the names that built up against Luna. She wished she could do something, but she didn't know who started it.

"I'm sorry, Luna. Do you know who started it?" Elodie said. Luna looked over at Elodie, and nodded again. "Yes, nargles. I know it was. They're always behind it." Luna repeated. Elodie laughed, and the two girls began to walk back to the castle.