Chapter 36: Modern Day Life Break Time Part Three

A/N: Part 2 of the update!!! Here we goooOOOooOOoOoO!~!~!!! Btw I've never skied before so I have to write the chap with info I found on the Internet. If there are any parts here that you feel don't match what it really is like please tell me so I can fix it :DD Please enjoy~~

"Wooooow, would you look at the snow...!!!" Hinata said in awe as the group of eight slowly marched up the slope with a foot deep snow, looking around and unable to contain his excitement. "I know right? We've been on several skiing trips but the snow condition was never this good!!" Aki said with Haruka nodding beside him. These two, probably the most devoted to sports among the whole school, went on skiing trips together regularly and were quite the experts when it came to telling the conditions.

It had been snowing for one week straight and it only stopped the day before Subaru and the others' arrival. "What are the good conditions you're talking about, Kouyou-san?" Rem asked curiously. "Well, you see, since it's been snowing the whole past week and it only stopped yesterday, the snow on the slopes is most likely powder snow." Aki said, squatting down and scooping up a handful of snow. "Powder snow usually occurs when there is some heavy snowfall just like he said. The low moisture content and structure of powder snow can give a feeling of floating over the snow, making one feel like they're gliding in midair instead." Haruka continued the explanation.

"In other words, it means we're gonna have some pretty magical rides today!!!" Hinata concluded with a shout, punching his hands in the air. "Alright alright stop it right there you're confusing them." Subaru said, putting his hand on Hinata's shoulder and calming him down, and the girls giggled. "So you're saying we're going to experience something pretty amazing, right?" Emilia asked, and Aki, Haruka, and Hinata all nodded and gave her a thumbs-up in unison. "Whoa, that's synced up pretty well." Subaru said, making them all laugh again.

Soon, they reached the ticket office, and the group splitted into two lines. Subaru, Hinata, and the girls were in one and Aki and Haruka in another. The two had decided that they would spend two days skiing and snowboarding while the rest of them planned to participate in the sport on the first day only. Subaru thought that it would be best for the girls to try skiing and snowboarding out first before deciding whether they wanted to do it on the second day as well. "Good morning," The worker greeted them when Subaru arrived at the front of the line. "Six one day tickets, please." Subaru answered with a smile.

The worker gave him the tickets and Subaru paid the money, and the group left the line to wait for Aki and Hinata. A few moments later, the two were done as well, and the eight of them walked off. "Hey, I know it's still early, but do you wanna go get some food?" Aki asked, looking at the group over his shoulder. Subaru looked down at his watch and saw that it was about eleven twenty. "Un, yeah I guess we can go for a light lunch first." He said, and Emilia clapped her hands together.

"I second that!" She said, and all seven heads turned toward her. She looked a bit lost for words for a few seconds. "Well... I won't deny that I am feeling a bit hungry..." Emilia said, laughing a bit awkwardly, and Ram and Rem bowed their heads at her at the same time. "Moushiwake gozaimasen, Emilia-sama. We should have noticed that you are feeling hungry when we saw you finish all of the snacks provided at the ryokan. Please forgive our carelessness." Ram and Rem said in unison. "Hey, you don't have to say it out loud-- I mean...!!!" As Emilia tried to cover up what Ram and Rem let slip, Subaru laughed.

"Ma, Lia is still a growing child, isn't she??" Puck's voice came directly to Subaru's mind, and Subaru patted her on the shoulder. "Sou da sou da, Emilia-tan is still a growing child and needs plenty of food!! No need to hide it!! Daijoubu daijoubu!!" Subaru said, giving her and thumbs-up with his teeth shining, and Emilia turned away, her face and ears going red. "Mou Subaru!!" Emilia whined in embarrassment while everyone laughed. Afterwards, they headed to a cafe called Mt. Dock Gondola Cafe right across Nagasaka Center, which was the place where they would rent the equipments later.