Chapter 30: Modern Day Life Lesson Twenty Nine

A/N: Alright I think this one will give an end to the Yuki Matsuri! Let's get started!!!

Let us go back in time for a little bit. Yes, let's go back to about twenty minutes ago, when Subaru and Emilia left the Snowman Building field and headed to the school building. "It's finally here, the last one of the day, the Talent Show." Subaru said, his hands behind his head, smiling. "Man, time just flies by. It feels like we only told Asai-san about this idea seconds ago." He said, and Emilia giggled. "Well, that implies we all enjoyed it very much. Just like back in the mansion, this is a great success too." Emilia said.

"By the way, Emilia-tan, feeling nervous??" Subaru asked in a slightly teasing voice, raising his eyebrows. Emilia looked up at the sky and back down at him. "Not really though. It's probably because I'm getting used to speaking in front of other people now." She answered. "Yeah, I suppose so. But singing is a different matter. Ah well, anyway, if you really start feeling nervous before you go on the stage, here's a tip for you." Subaru said and reached out his hand. Emilia looked down at the outreached hand and reached out hers as well. "When that really happens, you just do this." Subaru said as he took hold of her hand and used his finger to write down the Kanji 人, which means people, in her palm.

"Just like that, write it down in your palm and swallow it, and it'll give you immense courage!! And everything will just be fine!!" Subaru said in a reassuring voice. Emilia looked curiously at her palm and smiled. "Subaru you always come up with these weird stuff, don't you??" She said, smiling, and Subaru looked away, scratching his face. "Don't say it like that! It's a very well-known way of self-encouragement in Japanese culture!" Subaru said, and Emilia giggled. "Well, in that case, Subaru, may you write me another one in my other hand?" Emilia asked, reaching out her other hand. "Hm, yeah sure, but why?" He asked as he did the same thing in her other palm again. She drew her hands back and clapped them together.

"Now, I have two times the courage I need!" She said confidently, smiling warmly at him. Subaru paused for three seconds and burst out laughing. "Y-You're right, Emilia-tan!!" He said, and continued laughing. Emilia allowed him ten more seconds of laughing and brought him back to normal, and the two set off again. Soon, they arrived at the school building, but someone was there, leaning against the wall next to the door with his arms folded. "Been waiting for you." Hihara said, his eyes fixed on the both of them. Subaru let out a really long sigh and mentally face-palmed.

"We need to get going. We've got things to prepare." Subaru said, frowning. He'd half expected Hihara to come to find him, but still, it was a pain in the neck just to look at him. "It won't take long, just want a word with you." He said, turning around and gesturing them to follow. Subaru and Emilia exchanged looks and decided that they'd go see what he was up to. "I repeat, we can't stay long, so if you wanna start ranting or doing some other shit we'll be leaving now." Subaru said, but Hihara didn't answer and walked on. "Damn it that asshole..." Subaru cursed under his breath and followed him with Emilia next to him, also frowning.

They soon arrived at the side of the building, the small path where Emilia and Hihara once had a conversation. Hihara continued walking into the small path, and when they reached the middle of the path, he stopped and turned around. Subaru and Emilia stopped as well, both glaring at him. They were about five meters apart, but somehow, to Subaru, it was like they were standing face to face. He felt his fists clench itself on its own, the hair on the back of his neck standing up as well. "Today, you won, and I lost. It was a fair fight." He said, his tone unchanged. Subaru couldn't really tell what he wanted, nor could Emilia, whose eyes were darting here and there.

"Don't worry. It's only me, just like last time." Hihara said, and the frown between Emilia's brows deepened. "So? What madness have you brought to us this time??" Subaru asked in a harsh voice, his normally sharp corners of his eyes sharpened even more, making his eyes more terrifying than usual, however, Hihara smirked. "I am under the impression that you are the one who is more likely to come up with something crazy." Hihara said, still smirking. He paused and waited for either of them to talk, but neither of them did, so he carried on. "Alright, let me make it clear first. Listen to me, and no one will get hurt." He said, his expression becoming harder as well. This didn't make his good looks look better, it made it look more savage and maniacal.