Chapter 17 : Modern Day Life Lesson Sixteen

A/N: HIIIIIII!!!!!! I'm back~~~~ It's been another long time~~ And another new anime season has started!!! Anyone watching Iseikai Quartet?? I LOVE IT A LOT!! IT'S SUPER FUNNY!!! AND RE ZERO IS GETTING A SEASON TWO!!!!! FINALLY!!!! I'M EVEN MORE HYPED ABOUT IT!!!! Anyways, let's just get straight to the story!! Please enjoy!!

It had been a week since the chaos at school, and Subaru and the others' schedules were so interrupted by the people at school that they couldn't find the chance to visit the restaurant Matsushita sensei recommended to them. And finally after another few days of torment, they finally managed to find time to pay the restaurant a visit.

"Ahaha... what another disastrous day, today is..." Subaru said with a small feeble laugh and pushed open the door to a restaurant. "Uh... Sig-Signor Presidente?? What language is this??" Rem asked, tilting her head. "It's Italian, right, Subaru?" Emilia asked. "Yep, it's an Italian restaurant." Subaru answered with a nod.

They looked around the small restaurant; there were only four tables, two large ones and two smaller ones, and at one of the small table sat two person who Subaru and the girls couldn't be more familiar with. "Oya oya, if it isn't Natsuki-kun." Kishitsuji sensei said as he gave him a small nodded. "Ehh?? Kishitsuji sensei?? Matsushita sensei??" Subaru said, slightly shocked by their encounter with two of his teachers.

"Hi there, I thought you'd come." Matsushita sensei said with a smile, beckoning them toward her. The group sat down at the large table beside their sensei's table and turned to them. "It's been a bit hard at school, hasn't it?" Matsushita sensei asked softly, looking at the girls. "N-No!! Not at all! Subaru is always looking after us and keeping us away from danger! We're all really grateful of him!" Emilia said, waving her hand hastily. "I see. I'm glad to hear that." Matsushita sensei said.

"Maybe we should order first, Subaru-kun?" Rem asked as she saw a woman, apparently the waitress, walking toward their table. "Oh yeah, you're right." Subaru said and turned back to his table, opening the menu and scanning it. The waitress stopped beside Ram and gave them a bow. "Uh... excuse me but what kind of food are these?" Subaru asked, handing the menu to the waitress, scratching his head.

The menu only had eight courses written on it, and each of them read Delight, Anger, Sorrow, Happiness, Hatred, Euphoria, Horror, and Intoxication.

"Seems pretty creative but I don't have a slightest idea about what they are..." Subaru said in a small voice, laughing. "That was clearly because of the incapability of Barusu's brain." Ram said with a smirk. Subaru rolled his eyes and put the menu back down. "Okay, since I have a malfunctioning and incapable brain, why doesn't Nee-sama make an order first as a start, 'for future references'?" Subaru said, his fingers doing the quotation marks. "Dumb as always, Betty supposes." Beatrice said, turning away and covering her mouth. Subaru chose to ignore her.

"Alright, Ram shall have mercy and produce an example for this pitiful man sitting there." Ram said with a smirk and beckoned the waitress forward. "Ram's order would be 'Happiness', thank you very much." Ram said, and the waitress nodded. "See? That's how it's done. Not hard, right?" Ram said, her arms folded and her chest thrown out. "Sasuga Nee-sama!! Easy and clear demonstration, that was!" Rem said, her fists clenched. "That was completely different from what I asked you to do..." Subaru said.

The waitress nodded again and turned toward Subaru, as if expecting him to copy what Ram just did. "Why do I feel like I'm being treated as a complete idiot now..." Subaru said, face palming and glaring through the slits between his fingers at Ram, who was looking at him with a triumphant look on her face.

"Rem will take 'Delight' as her order, please." Rem said with a smile, and the waitress nodded again. "Well then, I'll be taking 'Anger', since that's what I've been experience for the past one minute." Subaru said, folding his arms with a grumpy look. "Okay, now it's Emilia-tan's turn now!" Subaru said and turned to her. Emilia was staring at the menu with her eyes unfocused, and she didn't seem to have noticed that the menu in her hands was upside down.