Chapter 6 : Modern Day Life Lesson Five

A/N: HIIIIIII I'm back!!!!!!!!! It's been soooooooo long since my last update!!! And I'm sorry about that!!!! There is an evil thing called school and another terrifying thing called finals!!! And they're KILLING MEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! But now I have time!! So here's chapter 4!!! Please enjoy!!!
*EDIT*: Here's the second part of the old chapter 4, and now it's chapter 6. The following chapter numbers and titles will also be changed, just so you know~~ :D Please enjoy~~

It had been about a month since the girls started learning about modern world knowledge from Subaru. First, Subaru taught them how to read and write Japanese, how to tell the time, and the general idea about the important people in Japan and the world throughout history. And in the following few weeks, Subaru also taught the girls most of the other things they needed to know to live in this society, the currency in more details, for example. They also learned more about the town they lived in, the capital city of Japan and other bigger cities, and more about the whole world.

The girls were thunderstruck when they realized that they didn't all speak the same language. "Then how do you communicate?" The four girls all asked in unison when Subaru told them this piece of new information. "Well, some of us just learn their languages and become bilingual or multilingual. No biggie." He said and tried teasing them with a children's book written in English.

However, it didn't go as Subaru planned. Beatrice, together with Puck, somehow, according to the two, whipped up a spell that allowed them to instantly translate other language they heard and read to Japanese, and the same when they needed to write or speak if necessary. "Okay that, I keep a blind eye." That was what Subaru said after learning that from a smug looking Beatrice. "I'm glad that I didn't need to teach you English since that's a nightmare and I haven't a single idea how to do that, but I'm also feeling slightly guilty that we sort of cheated on this one." Subaru said. Fortunately though, Subaru wasn't persistent about this and they all quickly let it go as they began learning about other things that were more relevant.

Also, Subaru, after much checking and double-checking and triple-checking, introduced more electronic devices, that is to say, computer, to the girls. Subaru had a serious debate with himself about whether or not to introduce the girls who had only been to the modern world for no more than a few weeks to such a dangerous yet fascinating device. After making up his mind and setting all the security software he could find on the computer to the highest level and deleting everything that would give him an instant death penalty if ever seen by any of the girls, he moved his computer from his room to the living room so everyone could use it whenever they needed.

Subaru taught the girls about how to use the mouse to navigate the cursor on the screen, type in Japanese with the keyboard, and use the search engine. They had quite some trouble at the beginning. It took them nearly half an hour just to learn to type and navigate the cursor, and even longer when Subaru started teaching them about using the search engine. However, Subaru was very patient, and eventually the girls were able to learn how to operate the computer properly. "Nevertheless, the computer is not to be used without my supervision, okay? And if you use it for over half an hour, get off it and go do something else." That was the rule Subaru made the girls promise him after finishing the brief introduction to the computer.

"Why exactly is that may Ram ask?" Ram asked rather sarcastically. "Of course. Let's start with the easier one. The screen hurts your eyes if you look at it for too long, and you all have exceptionally beautiful and brilliant eyes, and I would never forgive myself if I ever let any of your eyesights go bad because of the computer." Subaru said, sounding more serious than usual.

"Secondly, the computer is a device that, well, put it this way, once you open the search engine and go online, you dive into a network so deeply connected to the whole world that you can easily get lost, get deceived, or even get hurt in there." Subaru said. "Nope, not joking, very serious now," Subaru added, looking at the expression on Ram's face. "When you go on the internet, that's the virtual space where you can find all the information, entertainment, etc., like I just said. You can find anything you want, and bad people up there understand this and use this as a lure to lure innocent people into traps that could lead to serious troubles. A lot of those innocent people were hurt or even killed by those bad people. So, it really is important to have my supervision when any of you use the computer." Subaru said sternly.