Chapter 48: Rem's New Year's Goal

A/N: Annnnnd we are now at part four!!!! Let's jump right into it XDDDD

"Eto... what the heck..." Subaru, squatting on the floor, muttered with a speechless look on his face. "We're the ones who want to say that you know..." Aki said as Haruka face-palmed. Hinata was laughing with tears bursting out from his eyes, and the rest of the girls were standing a bit behind them, looking apprehensively over their shoulders at the things everyone was staring at.

In the porch of Subaru's apartment stacked several large boxes, apparently just delivered to him a while ago, and the box closest to them had just been opened by Subaru. The first thing that came in their sight were bottles after bottles of mayonnaise. "What the hell..." Subaru muttered again and, standing up, turned to his friends, who were all looking at him with either bewildered or speechless expressions except Hinata.

"First thing first, did we or did we not consume any alcohol last night??" He asked, and they all shook their heads. "Good, so now we know this isn't the result of me getting drunk and doing crazy orders online." He said, turning back to the boxes. "Another possibility is that we all somehow accidentally drank alcohol last night, all got drunk, and all lost memories about you making this stupidly massive order of mayonnaise." Aki said ominously. "DON'T SAY THAT THAT'S WAY TOO SCARY!!!" Subaru shouted and rushed to the living room and turned on the computer to make sure nothing of the sort really happened.

"If none of us made the order, how come so much mayonnaise is being delivered to our apartment?" Emilia asked a while later. "No idea. It's possible that somebody ordered these and entered the shipping address wrong." Haruka said, folding her arms. "Or it could be that someone wants to give Subaru a nice treat." Hinata, finally easing his laughter, said. "How the hell can this be considered a treat?? Yes I know I'm a mayonnaise maniac but this is way too much!!!" Subaru said as he came back from his computer.

"And no, it's not us. There's no order history of these in my account order history." Subaru said when he saw Rem looking at him, and Ram spoke. "Why's everyone making such a fuss? There's a letter in there. Just go read that." Ram said with an indifferent expression, her arms folded as always. "Then why didn't you say so Nee-sama!!!!" Subaru shouted and plunged his hands into the box and started looking for the letter Ram was talking about. Ram let out her usual dispising 'Ha!' and smirked.

"Oh Ram's very sorry, Barusu. Who would've thought that the person looking into the box would miss the letter that's been placed in the most obvious place??" She said sarcastically. "Alright alright my bad my bad, happy?" Subaru groaned and finally found the letter. It was taped to the flap of the box. He ripped the tape away and stood back up with the letter in his hands. "Who is it from, Subaru?" Emilia asked curiously.

"It's... huh, turns out it's from my parents." Subaru said as he saw the name and address of the sender. "Somehow, Betty is already having a shrewd idea about why these are sent, Betty supposes..." Beatrice said speechlessly, and Subaru opened the letter. He cleared his throat and read it out loud.

"'Dear son, how have you been? Hope you're doing well.' Yep I'm doing well, thanks, Mom, Dad. 'If you are reading this letter now, the mayos must've found you alright. You're probably wondering why on earth we sent you so many boxes of mayonnaise now.' Yeah of course I am!! How else would you react when you see ten boxes worth of mayos showing up in front of your door!?!? 'Here's why. About a week ago, a tragic accident happened in that market we told you about before. Their worker ordered a wrong number of mayonnaise when they were manufacturing their new batch of commodities. They ended up with way more than they needed, so they decided to sell them in boxes cheaply to get rid of the excess mayonnaise quickly. As the world's biggest mayonnaise lovers, we decided to help them out. We bought our mayos and sent you one thirds of what we bought--' THIS IS ONLY ONE THIRDS OF WHAT YOU BOUGHT?????? HOW CHEAP WERE THESE?????? Alright alright I'll continue. 'We bought our mayos and sent you one thirds of what we bought, and hope you can share them with your friends.' Don't worry, I'll definitely share a lot with them. 'One last thing, we love you very much, and hope you're enjoying your life as well. From Mom and Dad.' Awww I love you both too! Will do my best living the best of my life!!" Subaru finished and put down the letter.