Chapter 41: Modern Day Life Break Time Part Eight

A/N: IT'S 41!!!!!!! WOW THIS UPDATE IS MASSIVE!!!!! HERE WE GOOOOOO!!!!!!

The first event in the next morning was almost identical in both the guys' and the girls' rooms. At around six thirty, a roof-lifting roar from Haruka shouting at them to wake up made Subaru and Hinata jump in their beds. "SPARE MY LIFE HARUKA!!!!" Hinata shouted as Subaru grabbed the first thing he could reach, which was his backpack, with his hands and shielded his face with it. The scream went on for three more seconds before Aki's hand slammed down on his phone.

He sat up and gave a great yawn, scratching his head. "Ohayou..." He muttered sleepily and went to the bathroom. Subaru and Hinata were both still frozen in their futons, quite not recovered from the shock from earlier. "What? Oh did my alarm scare you? Sorry my bad." Aki said as he caught the shaken looks on his friends' faces. "Alarm...?" Subaru muttered in a hollowed voice. "Yeah, sorry 'bout that." Aki said and closed the door to the bathroom. "Alarm...?" Hinata asked again in the same voice, turning to Subaru. The two just stared at each other, wide eyed, until Aki finished his morning routines.

The two recovered a little when the bathroom door opened again. "...Why do you have that as your alarm clock?" Subaru asked after some senses returned to him. "Dunno. But that wakes me up for sure. So I just use that whenever I need to wake up early." Aki said, shrugging. "Ha..." Hinata answered. "Well, I'm going for a quick morning onsen, and after that we're heading back to the ski resort." Aki said. "Oh, another thing. Tsuyumi and I won't wait for the breakfast here. We'll get something else to eat on our way to the resort. Just so you know." He added, got his stuff, and left the room.

Subaru and Hinata stared at each other for yet another ten seconds. "...I'm gonna go shower." Subaru said, and Hinata nodded slowly. Quietly, they got up from their futons, and one went to the shower room and one went to do his routines. Ten minutes later, Subaru was done. Having nothing to do at the moment, he just sat back down on his futon and swung his arms around as he thought about what to do today. "Yo, you wanna go next?" Subaru asked, wiping his hair dry with his towel. "Hm, no, I'll go for a morning onsen too." Hinata answered, and Subaru nodded. A while later, the two decided to go check on the girls and left the room. Outside their room they bumped into Emilia and the others. "Ohayou, Subaru, Natsuno-san." Emilia said, smiling, though her voice sounded a bit weak.

"Ohayou, Emilia-tan. Mezurashii na, Emilia-tan waking up this early and already quite awake." Subaru said, grinning. Emilia, unlike Rem, was the type to wake up quite slowly. According to Puck, it usually took her around an hour to be fully awake in the morning, and she was only starting to be able to wake up early because they started going to school. "Ohayou gozaimasu, Subaru-kun, Natsuno-san." Rem said, sounding much more awake than Emilia. Subaru thought she probably woke up around five as usual. Behind them stood Ram and Beatrice, who were both still weary eyed and yawning.

"Well, Tsuyumi-san's alarm clock practically just scared us awake... hoohaaa..." Emilia said, covering her mouth and yawning. "What? What happened?" Subaru asked. "Don't tell me her alarm was Aki's screams?" Subaru's eyes went from Emilia to Rem to Ram to Beatrice and back to Emilia, and the expression on their faces told him that he was right. "And those two tell me they aren't seeing each other... hahaha..." Hinata said, laughing defeatedly.

"Subaru-kun, are you and Natsuno-san going for breakfast already? If Rem recalls correctly, breakfast won't be served until seven thirty." Rem asked. "Actually we're just here to see if you're awake yet." Subaru said. "Oh alright. Ram and I are going for the onsen. Do you want to come along?" Emilia asked. "Oh, I am." Hinata said, raising his hand. "I just showered so I'll skip this one." Subaru said, and Emilia nodded. "Alright then, see you at breakfast." She said. "Ou, I'll be waiting for you with the meal vouchers at the entrance to the dining area." Subaru said, giving her a thumbs-up.