Chapter 32: Modern Day Lesson Thirty One

A/N: Ayyyyyyy I'm back with another chapter~~ I won't keep you here so let's get started!!! Here's chapter 30!!! Woooo finally we reached 30!!!! Please enjoy!!!!!

A bit more than two weeks worth of time, that'd be about sixteen days, about three hundred and eighty-four hours, about twenty-three thousand and forty minutes, and about one million three hundred eighty-two thousand and four hundred seconds in total. That might not seem too long under normal circumstances. About ten days of classes, two weekends, and once you subtract the time you sleep, honestly, that shouldn't be too bad, right? Yep, shouldn't be too bad, but not for Subaru and the girls.

During the deadly two weeks, they had many things to do. Mostly, they focused their time on their reviews, and frankly, the girls were handling it well. Emilia, though sometimes it seemed that she might not be top at studying, don't forget, she was one of the candidates for the next ruler of Lugnica, quite a smart girl, really. Rem, the super maid who was capable of mastering almost everything, had no problem studying. Ram, born a prodigy, of course, was good at studying, such a piece of cake for her. As for Beatrice, probably with the greatest brain power among all, not only was able to finish all the reviews easily but also spared time to help with their club project, finished reading the novels Hinata lent her last time, it was Overlord incidentally, and even started reading Pride and Prejudice that she found in the storage room just a few days ago.

About that, there was actually a highly entertaining incident. After they received the hot spring trip tickets from Subaru's parents, Subaru cleared out several suitcases for them to use from the storage room, and Beatrice, surprising everyone, offered to help. They all suspected that she was so tempted by the possibility that she'd be able to enjoy the hot spring with Puck together that she wanted to be involved in anything that would potentially make the trip better. And here was where that incident happened. While they were looking for the suitcases, she found out a stack of dusty stuff tied together with several ropes hidden behind one of the suitcases. She took them out of the room, wiped it clean, and was outraged to discover that those were actually books. If you were curious about what those books are, they were, simply put, nightmares to most students. Let us see what happened back then.

Beatrice walked out of the storage room, holding the pile of stuff in her hand. She took some tissue papers, cut the ropes tying the pile of stuff, and wiped them clean. "NAH--!!" Beatrice screamed as she sprang to her feet and pointed at Subaru, who was just carrying out the last suitcase in the storage room. "Nanda yo, Bea-ko?? Please keep it down, the neighbors wouldn't like to be annoyed." Subaru said, putting down the suitcase and frowning at Beatrice. "Betty's the one annoyed here, in fact!! How dare you treat these books like this?? Tying them in such an unceremonious manner and keeping them in such a dirty cupboard???" She shouted angrily, her fists clenched. "Tell you what, those aren't books, those are nightmare generators. God knows how much hair I lost when I got forced to read those?? I had to put them away, or else I'll have a never-ending headache. What's more, you don't exactly take that much of a good care of your books either. So what's the point of making such a fuss about it?" Subaru said, turning away and pinching the bridge of his nose. "Haaa?? Nightmare generators you say?? How dare you?? These are classics literature that are very important you uncultured monkey, in fact!! And Betty treats her books well, Betty supposes!!!" Beatrice shouted, stomping the floor furiously. "Stop lying Bea-ko!! You use books to hit me all the time and you say you take good care of books???" Subaru retorted. "B-Betty has casted a magic to her books so they won't get hurt when Betty uses them to hit you, in fact!!" Beatrice shouted back, though her voice was getting smaller. "Liaaaaaaaar~~~~" Subaru said and bent down in front of her, smirking, but soon started yelling in pain when Beatrice's fist collided with his chin.

The two's argument brought the rest of the girls to the vicinity. Emilia and Rem were trying to stop the two from fighting more but to no avail, and Ram, grabbing a back of chips and starting eating, had no intention to stop the two at all. "And how would you know these are classics??" Subaru shouted after the pain in his chin eased a little. "You're only here for like, what? Less than a year! And mind you, these are literatures from overseas, how'd you know about them while all you've been reading was Japanese light novels? Mn? Bea-ko?? Mn?? Mn?? Mn??" Subaru retorted, and sticking his chin out with every 'Mn' he uttered. Apparently he didn't learn the lesson and Beatrice threw another punch at the same spot on Subaru's chin where she hit earlier.