Chapter 29: Modern Day Life Lesson Twenty Eight

A/N: Okay here's the final part of the Yuki Matsuri I think!! Have fun!!!

It was around twelve-thirty now, and most people were getting their lunch, trying to fill their empty stomachs and recharge for the events in the afternoon, the Snowman Building Contest and Talent Show. Both of them were optional and open to everyone, however, a lot of people, affected by the matsuri spirits and the fresh victory of Team Yellow earlier, signed up to join these fun competitions. Everyone was showered under the extremely happy atmosphere, yet, a few people weren't. They were sitting by the school building, covered by the shadows cast by the large building.

"Ah ah, shinjirarenai. I thought Team Red was bound to win, with all those sports people there." Iwasaki Iris said boringly, biting the onigiri she just bought and playing on her phone. Sitting beside her was the usual group of girls, on her other side sat several other boys, all looking moody. "So, what next? Your team lost the game, my team lost the game, our team lost the game, though not to her so I don't care. What do you want next? We did as you told to stay quiet for a while." She said, taking another bite of the onigiri. Hihara didn't respond but continued to stare at nothing in particular in front of him with a deep frown.

"Nothing? Alright, then I'll just do as I please." Iwasaki said, and Hihara punched the wall behind him, got up, and left. "What a sore loser you are, but still, that's one of the many things I like about you." She mumbled and continued minding her own business. Hihara walked off with his gang of friends, the frown still on his face. "I didn't lose..." He growled under his breath. "As long as I can wipe that damn smile off his face..." He muttered again.

Meanwhile, Subaru, the girls, Hinata, Aki, and Haruka were at the nurse's office. "ITATATATATATATA!!!!! OW!!! ARRRGGGGHHHHH!!! ITAI!!!!!!!" He screamed, struggling against the thought of thrashing his arms and legs around, as Emilia and the nurse's office's sensei, Shiraki Kuroe, washed his bruises and wounds and treated them with povidone iodine. Shiraki Kuroe sensei was the nurse's office's sensei. She was a kind-looking and kind-hearted teacher who was greatly admired by many and secretly loved by even more. Her appearance, just like her name, gave people the impression that only the color white suited her. Normally she always wore the white coat the nurse's office's teachers wore, and beneath the white coat, she always wore some dark colored clothes. Some might find the black and white contrasting each other too much, but for Shiraki sensei, the white and black color contrast matched her pale skin and blazing black hair very well.

Shiraki sensei and Emilia continued to treat Subaru's wounds, and about every three seconds Subaru would give out a yelp of agony. "Man the hell up will you?? Geez." Haruka said with a disgusted face. "Yeah, can't believe this whining guy is the hero of the relay race... shame." Aki said with a sigh. "Screw you two!!! These wounds are freaking large!!! And-- ITAAAAA!!" Subaru screamed as Emilia applied more povidone iodine to the rest of his wounds.

"Relax, Subaru-kun. Rem is here. Just relax and listen to Rem's heartbeat." Rem, standing behind Subaru and patting his head gently, pulled his head a little bit toward herself. "Okay okay I've seen enough of you two sickening us with the overflowing love of yours. Just stop there." Aki said, turning away and rolling his eyes. Hinata laughed and Ram and Beatrice sighed. "Okay, Natsuki-kun. This will do." Shiraki sensei said with a smile after she covered all of his wounds with hydrocolloid dressing and gauzes. "It might be troublesome when you're taking a shower, but try not to let the wounds get wet. That way they'll heal faster." She said. "Got it. Thanks, sensei." Subaru said, getting up, and Shiraki sensei turned to Emilia.

"And thanks for helping me, Roswaal-san. You seem quite skillful when you cleaned and treated those wounds. Have you attended any training sessions before??" Shiraki sensei asked as Emilia got up. "No, I haven't. It's just that, um, I learned from past experiences. Um, a lot happened before, and I've learned to treat wounds." Emilia said, and the Subaru and the girls all knew that 'past experiences' referred to the many times that Subaru got blasted away by magic back in their apartment. "Oh, is that so? Well, if you ever had the time, please come volunteer here. I'd love some help from time to time." She said, and Emilia nodded.