Chapter 55: Modern Day Life Lesson Thirty Eight

A/N: Chap 55!!! Third part of this update!! Here we go~~~!!!

Friday nights are probably the most curious nights of the week, because on these nights, fun things would tend to happen, but at the same time, weird things might also be occurring, and most peculiarly, sinister things could be going on as well. Now, sinisterness was brewing under the large house where Iwasaki Iris resided.

Just as last week, Iwasaki Iris and her three friends were in her room, however, unlike last week, the three girls were wearing somewhat uncomfortable expressions, one of them even close to tears. Iwasaki, on the other hand, appeared unconcerned of anything. She was standing in front of her large closet, browsing the inside of it where countless dresses and clothes were hung. Humming to herself, she took out a few dresses and turned around to her friends, showing them those with a smile. "Ne, which one do you think would be best for me?" She asked in a light tone. None of them replied.

"None of these? Fine, we've got all the choices we can get." She said and put the dresses back. Suddenly, there was a loud noise from the room next to them. "What was that?!" One of them shrieked. "Not to worry, it's just my date." She said, not even bothering to check what was happening there. "Y-Your date?!" The three exclaimed in unison. "What's he doing in your house?!" Another squealed, her voice trembling slightly. "Well, I only agreed to let him be my date because he's capable of doing a certain something that would be necessary in my plan. And there you go, he's doing it next door." Iwasaki answered, now looking into the closet again.

The room fell silent again as the three girls exchanged looks, and one of them nodded. They all looked back to Iwasaki, and the girl who nodded spoke. "I-Iris-chan, why did you suddenly decide to... t-to leave the school...?" She asked with a trembling voice, tears rolling in her eyes. "Didn't you say... didn't you say we're going back to reclaim what we had...?" She said. "Y-Yeah... what about triumphing over the Roswaal sisters...?" The second girl asked. "And o-our club and all that... w-why're you l-leaving so suddenly...?" The third of them sobbed, her face buried in her hands.

Flashback-

Friday afternoon, during club periods, in the principal's office, several people were standing beside and sitting in front of and behind the principal's desk. The principal, sitting behind his desk, was reviewing several documents and occasionally looking up at Iwasaki. Standing beside the principal were Iwasaki's homeroom teacher. Iwasaki, sitting on the other side of the desk, was waiting for the principal to speak, and a little bit behind her stood the old and concerned butler, Carlton.

Finishing the last line in the papers, the principal sighed, closed the folder containing all the documents, and looked up at Iwasaki. "Everything seems to be in order, Iwasaki-san." He said, turning around the folder and pushing it to her, who took it and placed it in her bag. "Thank you." Iwasaki said simply. "Ojou-sama, there is still enough time. Is it not, forgive me, wiser of you to think it over more?" Carlton asked, sounding like a grandfather worrying about his granddaughter making a wrong decision.

"Carlton, I will not repeat it anymore than this. This is my family's decision, and more importantly, my own decision. That should be enough!" Iwasaki said rather fiercely. Carlton looked as though he wanted to say more about it but swallowed his words. "Kashikomarimashita, Ojou-sama..." He said, bowing his head. Iwasaki stood up, picked up her bag, and walked off. Carlton, already at the door, opened it for her. "Iwasaki-san, we regret that you decide to withdraw from our school, but whatever your plans is from this point on, wherever you wish to go, we wish you good luck." He said, and Carlton nodded at him and brought the door shut.

Outside the office, Iwasaki was surrounded by her three friends. "Iris-chan, what is going on?? What did the principal want from you?" They asked. "He didn't want anything. It's just me withdrawing." Iwasaki said, walking off, followed closely by Carlton. The three girls didn't register what she said until she almost reached the stairs. "WITHDRAWING?!?!?!" They shouted as they started running toward them.