Chapter 56: Modern Day Life Lesson Thirty Nine

A/N: Alrighty, there's definitely gonna be more than five XD Chapter 56 here we go!!

It was the middle of the night now. All the lights in Subaru and the girls' apartment were turned off, and all five of them were asleep peacefully. We don't want to bother them while they were sleeping so soundly, so let us roll back and see what the other group of the eight did today. Yes, let us warp back to this morning, just when Hinata and Aki were about to arrive.

"Why am I involved in this again?" Aki asked as he yawned widely, the corners of his eyes glittering under the mild morning sunlight. "First of all, you agreed to join yesterday when we were talking about this. Secondly, you kinda have to join too since you're gonna do it as well. Lastly, even if you say no I was planning to go to your place and wake you anyways. So, there you go." Hinata said, grinning. "Ah screw you." Aki said and knocked on Hinata's shoulder. They were walking down the street toward Subaru's apartment, and in no time, they were at the door.

Aki jabbed his thumb at the doorbell and the two waited. "Oh, is Tsuyumi-san here? She's quite early." They heard the muffled voice of Emilia saying, and the door lock clicked. "Nope, it's not Haruka." Subaru's voice said as the door swung open. "Yo," Hinata and Aki said together, and Subaru, grinning, stepped aside to let them in. "Ojamashimasu." The two said as they walked through the threshold. "Ohayou, minna!" Hinata said, waving energetically at the girls. "Ohayou," Aki, looking as though he'd like some more sleep, said, yawning. "Ah, ohayougozaimsu, Natsuno-san, Kouyou-san." Rem said, bowing, and hurried to the kitchen to pour them some tea.

"Ohayou," Emilia, Ram, and Beatrice said as Hinata and Aki put down their bags and sat down on the sofa, Aki looking relieved that he could finally put his head down for a bit. Hinata unzipped his bag and took out the controllers and consoles and games while Aki's eyelids were gradually drooping. "We're here for a gaming session with Subaru today." Hinata said as Subaru walked over and slapped Aki on the forehead. "You're getting your clothes today, right?" Aki asked, throwing a punch at Subaru, who dodged it with a snicker. "Yes, we are." Ram said, rolling her eyes at Subaru, and Rem came out the kitchen with two cups in her hands, and the two thanked her, taking the cups from her. Aki immediately took a swig and looked more awake afterwards.

"Speaking of which, we should probably be going, Betty supposes. We are meeting Tsuyumi-san at the bus station, aren't we?" Beatrice said, and Emilia looked over to the clock. "Ah, you're right, Beatrice." She said, and Rem went to their room to get their bags, and a few moments later, they were all ready to leave. "We'll be back by dinner. See you later, Subaru, Natsuno-san, Kouyou-san." Emilia said as they all waved. "'Kay, have fun!!" Subaru said, sitting down next to Hinata. "Yeah have a great time!!" Hinata said, and the three waved too. "Ittekimasu." The four said, opening the door and filed out. "Itterashai." The three replied.

The three continued to look at the door for about a minute until Subaru's head snapped back and stood up again. "Right, that went well enough." Subaru said, swinging his arms around. "You know what since I just booted up the Switch let's have a go before we leave--"
"Nah, you'll just beat our asses and I'll get all competitive and we're really gonna spend the whole day here playing Smash." Aki said, standing up too and walking to the window. "Fine, guess you have a point." Hinata said, putting down the controller. "But we gotta have one after we're done later!" He said and became the last one who stood up. "Hai hai, we promise." Subaru said.

"So should we go now?" Hinata said, raising his arms and stretching. "No wait a min, Tsuyumi's walking past." Aki said, looking out the window. The two approached the window as well and saw Haruka walking by. They watched her disappear at the end of the street. "Yoshi, let's roll." Subaru said, and the two nodded. Grabbing their stuffs, the three walked out the door, down the stairs, and set off for Hinata's house with a small trot, and halfway there, they stopped by the convenience store.