Chapter 18: Modern Day Life Lesson Seventeen

A/N: Yo people, I'm back!!! It's been too long since the last update so this time it'll be a double update!! I'll just jump right into it!! Please enjoy!!!

It was 8:00 in the morning and the bell just rang several seconds ago, and everyone in 12-F was just getting back to their own seats, waiting for the dull, good-for-nothing self studying lesson to start. Some took out the textbooks that they were unwilling to read so early in the morning, some pulled out their phones from their pocket and started scrolling with half opened eyes, and some just put their heads down on their desks and started to sleep. Subaru was one of those who had their heads on the desk.

"Ah, this is such a waste of time." He heard Hinata said beside him. "We could've devoted this period to much more constructive activities." He said with a small sigh. "Yeah, like reading your manga." Subaru said sleepily, his face flat against the desk. "Just shut the hell up, will you?" Aki said annoyedly from several seats away. "Yeah for god's sake, shut your damn mouths. People here wanna sleep." Haruka's muffled voice came from somewhere near Aki. "Okay okay..." Subaru muttered and buried his face back in his arms again. "What did I do to deserve being shouted at this early in the morning..." He sighed.

"Who knows." Hinata said, shrugging. Several minutes later, Kishitsuji sensei entered the classroom, pulling up the door with a rather unnecessary loud bang and causing many to jump in their seats. "Looks like someone's under the weather already too." Subaru thought ominously. Kishitsuji sensei walked all the way to the teacher's desk and slammed the pile of paper in his hands down, his eyes fixed on the back of the classroom the whole time. Some looked over their shoulders uneasily to check if there was something sinister on the wall behind, but nothing except for the class notification board was there.

"Sensei, what's got to you so early in the morning?" Hinata asked rather boldly, and Subaru gave him a thumbs up from under the table. "Nice one, icebreaker." He muttered. Kishitsuji sensei closed his eyes and took a deep breath. "There's one good news and one bad news." He said, his eyes still closed. Everyone stared at him, their heads tilted and drowsiness gone completely. "Good one first." Hinata said. Kishitsuji sensei opened his eyes, scanning the classroom. "I just shouted at the principal in front of all the teachers." He said with a rather satisfied look on his face. Everyone sweat-dropped and mentally face-palmed. "Then the bad one is?" Another guy asked. "The Cultural Festival is coming." He said.

The whole class was quiet for about ten seconds and someone snickered. "Okay. That's very Kishitsuji sensei." Everyone laughed inside their heads and waited for their sensei to talk on. "I was at the weekly teachers' meeting earlier, and the principal just told us that the 12th graders are not to participate in the Cultural Festival so as not to hinder their studies and reviews, and then I told him that it's bullshit because that doesn't even make any sense." He paused and many of the students snickered again. "Then?" Hinata prompted him, and he continued. "He told me to do as told or else, and I said, 'the one thing that I, Kishitsuji Kaname, hate the most in the world is to bow to those who think they are above me and those who try to bind me with unreasonable restrictions, so I refuse!'" He said, and the whole class erupted with laugher this time.

"You know sensei? You really are a living replica of Kishibe Rohan!" Hinata shouted, laughing. "Then I walked out the meeting room and slammed the door in the principal's face." Kishitsuji sensei finished and folded his arms, looking satisfied with himself again. "And now, here's the thing." He said, suddenly serious. The students all sensed the change in mood and quieted down. "The Cultural Festival requires all the classes to have a theme of their own, and the principal decided that 12th graders are not to participate, but we're gonna do it anyways." He said sternly, straightening up a finger. "We're gonna do it, and we're gonna select a theme that is the most rebellious of all options." Kishitsuji sensei finished, and everyone stared at him again.