Chapter 89: Modern Day Life Graduation Part Three

A/N: Back with another part!!! Here we go!!

The girls sat in their seats, watching the twelfth graders trying to crash themselves onto Subaru and fling their arms around him. Subaru, grinning with tears on his face, was throwing himself at whoever was trying to hug him, shouting inaudible stuff and laughter. Emilia, holding her phone in her hand, silently took pictures of the twelfth graders making such a racket. She looked at the many many pictures she had taken, all of which were of Subaru, Hinata, Aki, Haruka, and themselves, and couldn't help but held it in her hands before her chest, hoping she could keep everything stored in the phone with her forever. "If I could make one wish come true before we go back, I hope we could keep these photos with us." She said to herself quietly.

Just then, as the Graduation Ceremony came to a close, the emcee announced that it was time for the last part of the Ceremony to take place. The seniors would be doing one last performance for the school, singing their graduation song. At the announcement, six classes worth of graduating seniors stopped messing around and rose from their seats. There were several songs that were considered the perfect choices for a graduation ceremony, given the meanings of the lyrics.

The most well known graduation songs would be "YELL" by Ikimono Gakari, a song with a heart-moving melody which told the listeners that 'goodbye' was not a sad word but something that would prompt the changing within someone and inspire the soon-to-be-parted. Another one would be "Tabitachi no Hi ni" by Kawashima Ai, a song about how one finds the reason to take a step forward toward the future, stirring the students' memories about their time together and inspiring them to welcome a new future. Yet another very well-known graduation song was "Haruka" (yay Haruka lol) by GReeeeN. It was a song about the gratitude and appreciation of the students for their parents, thanking them for raising them and always looking after them, and now that they were grown up, they would repay the love and efforts they poured in them by doing their best to chase their dreams.

Those were songs that would be sung by most graduating students as they were the most famous, most loved, most moving songs, and most traditional graduation songs. However, for Subaru and his fellow schoolmates, they respected those traditional songs, but if they were given a choice, they would go all out being weird and unique. Therefore, they picked something that most people wouldn't really consider a graduation song but fitted their spirits the most.

The emcee scanned them quickly and nodded at Shibata who was sitting in the front row. He turned around as the mic was handed to him. "We have come to the final part of the ceremony, and I, along with my fellow classmates here, have decided to present you with this song. We believe that it is a perfect song for us. Please enjoy." Shibata finished and turned back toward the stage to signal the start of the song. Some were already snickering at the thought of singing the song, and in no time, the music started.

The hall immediately boomed with a joyful, cute, and cheerful melody. The seniors were swaying side to side as the music went on, their hands around each other's shoulders. Emilia, Rem, Ram, and Beatrice, and to be honest, the tenth and eleventh graders were all expecting something slower and more sentimental, and this gave them quite a surprise, especially to the girls. However, they soon sort of grasped why they chose this song. 

Watashi ga watashi no koto wo aishite (I'll love myself with all my heart)
Nani ga warui no? Shitto deshou ka? (What's wrong with that? Are you jealous of me?)
Itai da to ka kawatteru to ka (Calling me weird or cringey)
Todokimasen ne, sono ripurai (Those replies, they don't reach me at all)

Daisuki na oyoufuku (Wearing my favorite outfit)
Daisuki na okeshou de (And applying my favorite makeup)
Okimari no haafu tsuin maite (Tying my hair into a half-twin style)
Odekake shiyo (Let's go out on a stroll)
Higasa motte bocchi datte (Even when I'm alone under this parasol)
Shiawase da mon! (I feel happy!)