Chapter 21: Modern Day Life Lesson Twenty

A/N: Here's the next chapter!! Enjoy!!

About ten minutes after they left, they arrived at the bathhouse. "Wow, this looks pretty nice," Emilia commented when they entered the bathhouse, looking around curiously. "Public bathhouses are a pretty big part of Japanese culture, and they have their reasons to be. There're many rules we gotta follow when we're using the facility, and it is also from these rules that the deepest of the Japanese culture is reflected." Subaru said, pointing a finger and nodding. "Let me just do a brief introduction." He continued, explaining the rules and manners they should follow in the bathhouse, and about five minutes later, he finished.

"Well, that's about it. It might be a bit much to bear in mind at the moment but just try to enjoy it. I promise you will all fall in love with it as soon as we get in there." Subaru said. "That sounds very nice, Subaru-kun. We're all looking forward to it." Rem said with a smile. "Alright, let's go to the counter then." Subaru said, and the five walked over to the counter. Moments later, they were standing at the counter. The girl standing behind the counter nodded at them rather timidly.

"G-Good evening, how may I help you?" She asked, her eyes covered by her long bang slightly. "Eh? Aya-san?" Emilia said in surprise as the other girls came to the front. The girl looked up at them and finally smiled. "Emilia-san, Rem-san, Ram-san, Beatrice-san, Natsuki senapi, what a coincidence!" She said still rather shyly. "Oh, I remember now. You're their classmate. No wonder why I think you look familiar." Subaru said, moving back to let the girls get to the front. "Aya-san, you work here?" Rem asked, and Aya nodded. "Yes, my family owns this bathhouse, and I'm working as the desk clerk here. But I only started last week, so I'm still a bit nervous... ehehe." She said, blushing slightly.

"Don't worry, you'll be fine. Ram's sure you are much better than that Barusu." Ram said, jerking her thumb at Subaru and wearing her usual smirk. "Nee-sama I'm suspecting that you ate a bomb instead of steamed potatoes for dinner tonight," Subaru growled, frowning and folding his arms. Aya giggled and took a deep breath. "Thank you, mina-san, I'm feeling less nervous now. Seeing that people I know would actually come here really makes me feel kind of happy." Aya said. "So, five people, right?" She continued, and Subaru got back to the front. "Yep, five of us." He said. "Did senpai and the others come together?" Aya asked. "Wha-- N-No, we bumped into each other outside the door is all." Subaru lied hastily, waving his hands.

Aya nodded, giggling, and handed them five keys. "Okay then, senpai. That'll be 2300 yen." She said, and Subaru and the girls paid the money. "Thank you very much, and please enjoy," Aya said with a nod. "Thanks, Aya-san." The girls said, waving, and she smiled back once again. "Alright, see you in a bit," Subaru said and headed toward the men's entrance. "See you later." The girls waved at him and walked to the women's entrance. They found the lockers corresponding to their keys, placed their things inside, and undressed.

"This looks really nice, in fact. It is just like the bathtubs in Roswaal's mansion, Betty supposes." Beatrice said, remembering the large bathtubs back in their world. "It is, Beatrice-sama. It feels as if we're back home." Ram said, also looking very pleased with the surroundings. "The only difference is that there're many more people here." Rem said, giggling. "And that very interesting looking painting of the sun on the wall." Emilia said, pointing at the wall, and everyone laughed and started showering, cleaning themselves so they could go in the hot water later.

On the other hand, Subaru finished showering quickly and was already soaking his whole body in the hot water. He was lucky that there were only a few people there, so he had a lot of space to stretch his muscles and relax. "Ah.... I miss this place..." He said, satisfied. "And it also kinda reminds me of the mansion." He thought. The bathrooms and bathtubs in Roswaal's mansion sure were large and comfortable, and Subaru really did enjoy bathing there every time, however, now he was back in this slightly smaller and more crowded bathhouse, where he visited for several times and liked, he couldn't help but think that he would prefer this bathhouse over the bathtubs in Roswaal's mansion. Another reason for that was here, he didn't need to worry about his bath time being interrupted by the Hentai Pierrot. Subaru shuddered at the memories and shook his head to get rid of the image of the naked Roswaal in his mind.