Chapter 23: Modern Day Life Lesson Twenty Two

A/N: HIIIII~~~ Readers~~~ School's started but I'm not that busy yet!! So here's another new chapter for you!! Please enjoy!!!

On their way back to Subaru's place, everyone was talking about what to do later heatedly, however, Emilia was only half-aware of what was going on. "We're going back home now... but Puck is already at the brink of losing control... should I suggest we go somewhere else first... but we're only five minutes from our home now... ah... what to do what to do..." Emilia screamed in her head, her eyes fixed on the floor. During the past few days, Puck's mana had been becoming more and more uncontrollable. This morning, Puck's mana already leaked to an extent that the small storeroom where he was hidden was covered in ice. What would happen if it continued to go worse... not to mention Subaru's friends would be there... Emilia couldn't think any further.

"Emilia-tan, where are you going???" Subaru's voice said and pulled Emilia back to reality. She snapped back and looked back and saw that there was no one walking beside her. She wheeled around and saw that she already walked past the entrance to their apartment and Subaru and the rest were standing at the entrance, looking at her confusedly. "A-Ah, gomen gomen..." She hurried back, laughing awkwardly. "You're feeling alright, right?? Emilia-san," Hinata asked, trying to hide the smile on his face. "D-Did you somehow get a frozen b-brain from the snow-- OWW!!!" Hinata's words were cut as Haruka's foot and Aki's fist hit his leg and head.

"I-I'm fine I'm fine!! Really!! I just had something on my mind, that's all." Emilia said, waving her hand, thinking that there was no going back now and hoped that everything would be fine. They got to the door, and when Subaru inserted the key and closed his hand around the doorknob, he paused. "Uh oh..." He muttered. The doorknob was icy cold. "Brace yourselves..." He said over his shoulder. Everyone gulped, and Subaru opened the door. The same cold breeze blew out from inside, and everyone recoiled from the unbearable coldness. "I'll go get the heater on!!" Subaru shouted as he rushed inside. The rest of them got in as well and went to the living room.

"The heater's on now. We should be fine in a few minutes." Subaru said as he returned. "You sure there's nothing wrong with your apartment?? There're no holes or leaks in the walls right??" Haruka asked suspiciously, shivering and rubbing her hands together. "There shouldn't be. This place got renovated not long ago before I left." He said, scratching his head and frowning. "Anyway, it'll get warm in a bit. I'll go get the hotpot." Subaru said and went to the kitchen. They'd decided to eat hotpot on their way back.

"Alright! Time to show me my best dishes!!" Hinata said and followed Subaru to the kitchen. "Rem will help!!" Rem said. "Rem is very interested in what dishes Natsuno-san can make!! Perhaps she can also learn how to make them!!" She said firmly and went to the kitchen as well. The rest of them helped them take the ingredients they bought out and set the table. Soon, the cooking team, including Subaru, Hinata, and Rem, started their work, while the rest of them stayed in the living room.

"Oi Tsuyumi, since we've got nothing to do now, I challenge you to a Smash battle." Aki said as he took out Hinata's switch and put it in the dock. "Heh, looks like someone's craving an ass-whooping. Challenge accepted." Haruka said with a smirk and grabbed her controller. The two started playing with Ram and Beatrice watching them interestedly. "Whoaaaa....." The two muttered together, looking fascinated by the beautiful graphics and flashing screen. Seeing that half of the people were in the kitchen and the rest of them were absorbed to the TV screen, Emilia got up quietly and left the living room.

"Puck," She went to the storeroom and opened the door. She tiptoed and looked into the highest shelf on a cabinet and pushed aside two boxes, revealing the small silver cat, who was constantly giving out a snowy breeze. "Hey, Lia." Puck said with a smile, though his voice sounded weaker than usual. "I'm now letting most of my mana in the air, but a small portion of it is still released in the house. Gomen ne, Lia, troubling you this much." He said, waving his small paw apologetically. "No worries, Puck, we're gonna be fine." She said, taking his small paw. "It's almost over. I think it might be over in a day or so. Just bear with me a little bit more, alright?" He said, winking at her. "Definitely, Puck." She said, and winked back.