Chapter 26: Modern Day Life Lesson Twenty Five

A/N: Hiiiiiii~ it's been another few weeks and I'm back with another chapter!! Three-chapter update in fact!!! Finally, the exciting Yuki Matsuri has started!! Please enjoy!!!! XD

"Hm! The snow has halted! The sun shines brightly! With the addition of occasional breezes that maintain the chilliness in the air!! We're welcomed with the perfect condition!!!" Subaru shouted as he pushed open the window, looking at the snow-covered streets. At the same time, the four girls came out of their room and arrived at the living room as well, smiling and bidding Subaru good morning. Rem quickly headed to the kitchen to prepare their first meal of the day after receiving her daily morning hug from Subaru.

"Ohayou, minna!" Subaru returned their greetings with a big warm smile and headed to the kitchen as well to help with the breakfast. "Wow, Puck, the snow looks really nice out there. Thank you!" Emilia said, leaning out the window where Subaru just vacated from and also looking around with a bright smile on her face. "Hm hm hm, of course. Magically powerful and dangerously cute as I am, I am perfectly capable of creating the best snow for today's occasion." Puck said, zooming around Emilia and smirking proudly. "I don't think your cuteness and the snow have that much of a connection but still thank you very much, Puck!" Emilia smiled again, and Puck floated down to his special spot on Emilia's shoulder, sitting down.

"Make sure to have a lot of fun today, Lia. You've been stressed for quite a while." Puck said like a kind-hearted father, and Emilia reached out her finger and stroked Puck's soft fur. "I will," She said. Back in the kitchen, Subaru and Rem were deciding what to make for breakfast. "Hm, Rem, what do you think is best for a light and delicious breakfast? I don't wanna make too much food here since we'll be eating pretty soon later." Subaru asked, taking out some bread and eggs from the fridge. "Soudesu ne, light and delicious... ah, Rem thinks there is some bacon in the refrigerator, as well as some hams. We can make some bacon and ham sandwiches." Rem said, and Subaru nodded.

"Sounds good to me. Let's get started!!" He said energetically and the two plunged into action. And in a few minutes, under Subaru and Rem's good cooperation, a plateful of bacon and ham sandwiches were made, each with nicely cut bread produced by Subaru and delicious bacon and ham cooked by Rem. As though called by Rem through their twin-sync, Ram showed up at the door to the kitchen and took the plate from the two. "Barusu, there's nothing funny with these sandwiches, right??" Ram asked with her usual smug look whenever she felt like lashing out at Subaru.

"We've been here for over half a year and if I ever wanted to do something I would've already done it alright, Nee-sama." Subaru said with a sigh. Ram returned it with a loud ha and left with the plate. "Rem-rin, can't you exercise some control over your dear Nee-sama??" Subaru asked as the two quickly washed the kitchen tools. "Rem has no intention to exercise any control over Nee-sama. Plus, Nee-sama's personality is what makes Nee-sama the best sister in the world." Rem said with the smile, and Subaru sighed in defeat again, smiling as well.

Soon, breakfast was finished, and they set off to school. It was almost an hour earlier than the usual time they'd go to school, but today was the most anticipated Yuki Matsuri, and there was absolutely no way they'd be late. What was more, the earlier they went, the more time they would have to do their final preparation for the exciting event. "Wow, look at the shops." Emilia pointed out on their way. Many of the shops, mostly restaurants and food stands, were either closed or only had a few workers there. They were all invited by the school to participate in the Yuki Matsuri, and they gladly accepted their invitation, as they knew that this unprecedented event would attract a never-seen-before number of people to the school, and it was their best chance to make a big profit.

About ten minutes later, they arrived at the cross-section where Subaru, Hinata, and the others usually parted when they went home from school, and as expected, Hinata, Aki, and Haruka were there, standing by a street light and waiting for them. "Ohayou, Subaru!! Minna!!" Hinata shouted, waving excitedly at them. They waved back at them and hurried to the three. "Ohayou, thanks for waiting for us." Emilia said. Hinata was already jogging where he stood, picking up the momentum and ready to dash away. "Let's go let's go!!! I've never felt this excited walking to school!! It feels like I'm gonna burst open!!" Hinata shouted and was already moving away from the group as if he was a magnet slowly being pulled toward the other one. "Hai hai clam down, you. The school won't just disappear." Subaru said, laughing. "Just let him go. He really is gonna burst if he doesn't release the overflowing energy of his." Aki said, and Haruka nodded, rolling her eyes.