Chapter 9 : Modern Day Life Lesson Eight

A/N: Hi people~~~ I'm back!!! I've been away for a while again~~ sorry about that~~~ here's chapter 7~~~ please enjoy~~~

"Subaru-kun! Time to get up!" Rem opened Subaru's bedroom door and walked to his side, clanking her spatula and frypan together. Subaru got up, rubbing his eyes. "Rem... it's six thirty now..." Subaru yawned as he peered at the clock on the wall. "But we're going to school!" She said. "School doesn't start until next Monday!" Subaru muttered, falling back to his bed. "No Subaru-kun, we must get used to getting up early before school starts! Get up now Subaru-kun!" Rem put down her fry pan and spatula and started shaking him.

"Okay okay..." Subaru gave up protesting and got up. "I suddenly really want to go back to the Roswaal Mansion... but wait I need to wake up very early everyday there too... hoohaaa..." Subaru yawned again, walking to the bathroom and closing the door. Rem smiled at him and returned to the kitchen. "Is he up?" Ram asked, walking out from the kitchen and carrying a tray. "Yes, he is, Nee-sama." Rem said. Ram nodded and Emilia walked out from the kitchen as well. "Subaru really is like a child, isn't he?" Emilia said, but then she yawned rather widely too. Rem giggled. Emilia was someone who struggled to get up early, but since they had decided to go to school, she was doing her best to keep up with the new routine involving waking up early in the morning. 

"Where's Beatrice-sama?" Ram asked, looking around. "Rem believes Puck-sama went to wake her?" Rem said, looking at their bedroom door. The three girls went to the door and opened it, and saw Beatrice still in bed, and beside her lay the small silver cat. "Mou, Puck, you're supposed to wake her." Emilia sighed and went to wake the two. Rem and Ram smiled at the cute scene and left the room.

"Ohayou." Subaru said, looking much more awake than a few minutes ago. "Breakfast is ready, Barusu, and wait for Emilia-sama and Beatrice-sama." Ram said, pointing at the table. Subaru nodded and sat down in his seat. The two girls seated themselves in their seats as well. "Wow, today is Japanese style breakfast." Subaru said, looking down at the plates in front of him. There were rice, fish, sliced cabbage and cucumber, tofu, and miso soup. "Whoa~~~" Subaru's mouth was watering at a dangerous rate. He reached out his hand but got smacked by a spoon.

"Ow! Ram!!" Subaru shouted, pulling his hand back, rubbing the place where it got hit. "Do not dare eat without Emilia-sama and Beatrice-sama and Puck-sama." Ram said with the threatening look she usually casted at Subaru when he'd done something wrong. "I was just trying to get some tissue paper!" Subaru said. Ram ignored him. "Ah, there they come." Rem said, looking over at the door to the dining room.

"Ohayou, Subaru." Emilia said with Puck floating alongside her and Beatrice, who was looking slightly sulky. "Ohayou, Emilia-tan, Bea-ko, Puck!" Subaru greeted them energetically. "Please stay quiet in the early morning, you!" Beatrice said, frowning. "Haha, it seems that someone is under the weather already! Waking up early in the morning makes you grumpy? Bea-ko's such a child." Subaru said, laughing. Beatrice glared at him but decided not to start a fight. "Alright alright settle down now. Let's not let Rem's hard work go cold, ne?" Emilia said. "Hai~" Everyone said in unison. "Itadakimasu." They all started to eat and enjoy the breakfast.

After about half an hour they were finished. "What a meal~" Subaru said as he laid back in his seat, patting his full stomach. "Tomorrow will be Subaru-kun's turn." Rem said, smiling, gathering the dishes. "It would be a miracle if we survived that meal tomorrow." Ram said, wiping her mouth with some napkins. "I can cook pretty well now, Nee-sama!" Subaru said through gritted teeth. The other girls giggled.

"Well, wanna go have a look at our school?" Subaru suggested after the cleaning was finished. "Oh, that sounds great!" Emilia said with twinkling eyes. "Rem thinks it's a good idea too! Rem wants to know what the school looks like as well!" Rem said, raising her hand in agreement. "What do you say, Ram and Bea-ko?" Subaru asked, turning to the other two girls. "Ram will go." She said, nodding. "After all, it is good to get familiar with new places first, especially places containing beasts like Barusu."
"I will pretend that I didn't hear the last part and agree with you." Subaru said, folding his arms.