Chapter 71: Modern Day Life Graduation Trip Part Five

A/N: Part 6!!! Second day of the trip!! Hope you're not finding the story too long, I think I've developed this bad/good habit of getting into all sorts of details of the story LOL anyways, here's chapter 71!!! Please enjoy!!!

Breakfast was an interesting event on the morning of the second day. By eight, most of the students had got up and went to the dining lounge. Some that got up early were already finished and were exploring the hotel more thoroughly, as well as the beach outside, and some, including Subaru's group, were savouring the delicious food that emitted a strong sense of Okinawan culture. The four girls had an enjoyable time as they exchanged their remarks about the food, and Rem, examining the food very closely, noted down another style of cuisine for her challenge list.

As for Subaru, Hinata, Aki, and Haruka, they had an equally enjoyable time. As they ate, Subaru and Hinata couldn't help but notice that Aki and Haruka were being oddly friendly to each other. They didn't see how the two ended up this time since both Aki and Haruka woke up way earlier than the two, but from the observations they made on the two, it wasn't hard for them to infer how it was like. Around thirty minutes later, the most important meal of the day, unfortunately skipped by many people including the person writing this, was finished, and the students headed out the hotel in groups toward the shuttle buses that would be bringing the majority of the students to the northern part of Okinawa.

The bus ride would be approximately half an hour, and on their way there, most of the students were resting a bit more while Subaru, Emilia, Rem, and Beatrice were conversing quietly about the TBD activity on their plan. "Ah~ alright this one we can tell you I think, and I'll tell you more about what we can do on Ie Island so we can maybe do a vote about what to do in the afternoon. Oh, spending the whole day at the aquarium is also an option since where it's located is actually a huge complex with many things to do." Subaru said, and hearing that Subaru was finally going to tell them a bit more, the three's eyes all twinkled. "Finally~" Emilia let out a small cheer, and Subaru smiled. "We're thinking about doing horseback riding. It should be very fun." He said, and the three girls' mouths fell open, forming a perfect O.

"Horseback riding?! Sugo~ku tanoshisou!" Emilia said, suppressing her voice. "Rem has ridden many beasts in Lugnica before, but horses are something new to her." Rem said, sounding excited as well. "Betty supposes it would be very different from riding an Earth Dragon, given that the Divine Protection of Wind Evasion does not exist here." Beatrice muttered, and Subaru nodded. "Yep, you're probably right, Bea-ko. Alright, others things to do on Ie Island." He then started telling the three what other activities to participate in on Ie Island, such as hiking to the top of Mount Gusuku.

Soon, the buses arrived at the aquarium, dropping about two thirds of the students down. The other one third either disembarked a few stops ahead or waited for the buses to take them somewhere else. "Here we are!! Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium!! One of the best aquariums in the world!!" Hinata shouted the introduction, causing several heads to turn toward them and consequently getting a hit on the head from Aki. "Let's go get the tickets. I think we've been keeping Emilia-tan on the cliffhanger for too long." Subaru laughed, looking at the eager expression on Emilia's face.

"Alright then! Let's roll!! Fish of all sorts of shapes and colors await your arrival!!" Hinata said and punched his hand in the air, leading the way to the ticket office. Walking down the path from the road to the aquarium, they were first welcomed with several dolphin and octopus decoratives on the path. The four girls, having only ever seen those creatures from books, felt the excitement building up in their hearts. In no time, they saw a statue of a whale shark, the friendly shark that could be considered the most iconic creatures of the aquarium. "A whale shark?" The girls repeated when Subaru told them what the statue was.