Chapter 57: Modern Day Life Lesson Forty

A/N: Man we're at Lesson Forty now, and nearing Chapter 60 :D You know what I think we will hit 60 on this update XD Okay here starts chapter 57! Please enjoy!!

Sunday morning started with events that gave them the feeling of Dejavu. Around ten past ten, the doorbell rang, and the door was opened by Subaru again, revealing a grinning Hinata and a more awake looking Aki. Rem and Beatrice went to the door to see him out as Subaru put on his shoes. "Rem will be looking forward to seeing Subaru-kun in a dress on Valentine's Day." Rem said, smiling. "Ahaha... I will try to make it good..." Subaru said with a weak smile, remembering what Hinata had said to him and Aki yesterday. "See you later today, Betty supposes, Subaru." Beatrice said, and after waving the girls goodbye and saying "Ittekimasu" and receiving an "Itterashai" from them, Subaru left with Hinata and Aki.

The four continued to chat for a bit until the doorbell rang again. "Alright, time for us to go as well." Emilia said as they all stood up and took their bags. "Ohayou," Rem pushed the door open, and Haruka greeted them, smiling. "Ohayougozaimasu," They greeted back warmly, and the five walked down stairs and headed for the bus station again. "I, uh, still find it quite hard to believe that I got invited to this, um, chocolate making session by Higashihara-san, haha." Haruka said as they walked down the sunny street.

"Never really had such treatments before, and she's your classmate, so, well..." She said, scratching her face and looking away, feeling a bit awkward about the situation. "Don't say that, Tsuyumi-san. You are our senpai and friend, as well as Nico-san's, and everyone else's in our class. You're a very nice person who deserves this, really." Emilia said. "Hai, just as Emilia-sama has said, Tsuyumi-san. We have been through much together since our transferring here, and Nico-san and the other were all looking at us closely. So please just enjoy this as we do." Rem said, making Haruka, already turning red, go even redder.

Yesterday night, just after dinner, Emilia, Rem, Ram, Beatrice, and Haruka all received a message from Nico inviting them to go over to her place and have a chocolate making session on Sunday. The four girls accepted her invitation without hesitation, thinking it'd be a great opportunity to make chocolates for the guy we all know very well, well except for Ram really. Haruka, on the other hand, felt quite flustered when she first saw the message and had a small internal debate before accepting the invitation.

And after receiving replies of those being invited saying they would go, Nico added all of them in a group chat, and within the fifteen minutes following that, their plan for the next day was made, and an exciting and somehow embarrassing feeling welled up in the girls', again excluding Ram, hearts. Now, the group arrived at the bus station and, quite luckily, boarded the bus as soon as they arrived. Their destination was only two stops away, a distance that they could've just walked if they wanted to, and in about seven minutes, they got off the bus, and with less than three minutes of walking, they saw Nico's home, Higashikata Cafe.

"It's that one, right?" Emilia asked as they saw the shop sign, tilting her head in confusion as Ram checked her phone to see if they got the name wrong. "Yeah it should be. The address she puts in the group chat is the same." Haruka said, and the cafe door that had a "We're Closed Now" sign hanging on it swung open, and out walked Nico, smiling at them. "Minna~ this way~" She waved, and they smiled back in relief, walking toward them. "Ohayou, Nico-san. For a moment we thought we got the wrong location!" Emilia said, and Nico laughed rather awkwardly.

"Yeah, sorry about that... ahaha..." She said, holding the door open for them to let them in the empty cafe. "Why is the cafe called 'Higashikata'? Isn't your surname Higashihara?" Beatrice asked as the others looked around the cafe. It was nice and cozy one with fashionable interior designs and lots of books placed on bookshelves that stood against the wall. "It's all my clumsy dad's fault." Nico said with a frown, flattening her arms. "When they were filing out all the legal stuffs and tedious things before they opened the cafe, my dad thought he'd pull a small prank on my mom by purposefully changing the name of the cafe from Higashihara to Higashikata for my mom to find out. She didn't, and he forgot about the joke himself, and there you are, Higashikata Cafe made instead of Higashihara Cafe." Nico said, and her parents, standing at the back of the cafe and looking at them, both turned away awkwardly.