Chapter 54: Modern Day Life Lesson Thirty Seven

A/N: Another part! Let's go!!! How many parts will there be this time XD Probably around five I guess~ here's chap 54!! Please enjoy!!!

It was around seven thirty now, and dinner was just finished. After cleaning the table and the dishes, the girls decided to take a break from their textbooks for the evening. Originally, Emilia wanted to start working on the preparation as well, but it was only after a fifteen-minute-long persuasion from Subaru that she agreed she would take the evening off and rest. They chatted in a light tone while occasionally asking if Subaru needed any help with the work he was in charge of. So far, they'd helped him with some of the preparation of the decorations, but that was a far as they had ever gotten into the details of the preparations. However, things were going to change pretty soon.

Subaru, now looking at the school laptop he borrowed, frowned and folded his arms, appearing to be thinking about something. Rem noticed this change first and spoke to him. "Subaru-kun, is everything alright? Have you run into trouble?" She asked, and the other three heads turned toward him as well. Subaru put a hand under his chin and tilted his head. "It's not exactly a trouble. Hm..." He said, his mind working. "Alright, give me a moment." He said and started typing something. The girls waited for a few more minutes before he typed some more.

"Okay great!" Subaru said suddenly. "What is it, Subaru?" Emilia asked enthusiastically. "We were just discussing about the dancing part on the group chat. Originally we thought we'd just do it the usual way, oh wait, let me show you." Subaru said and searched up the video of their school dance parties from previous years. Rem, Ram, and Beatrice watched the videos quite intently while Emilia, who had already seen those videos before during their meetings, looked into the group chat, hoping to catch up with what was going on.

"I thought we have already decided what to do for the dancing part?" Emilia asked while the others watched the video. "Yeah I know, but the orchestra club just messaged Kaichou that they have several pieces prepared for the Cultural Festival previously and asked if we want to add them to the playlist. We don't think it's a good idea to turn them down twice so now we're thinking about making the dancing this way, first starting it with our casual song playlist, and in the middle of it, switch to the formal pieces, and after those, back to the casual ones to the end. It'll get a bit more troublesome but we can enjoy both dance party styles so it's not exactly a bad idea. Plus we regularly practice formal dancing every year so it shouldn't be too bad for us. Kaichou said we'd probably hold one last dance practice session this Friday so it really shouldn't be too bad." Subaru explained, and Emilia nodded in comprehension. Just then, the video ended and the three girls looked up from the screen.

"Subaru-kun's school dance parties are quite different from what Rem has imagined. It's very interesting!" Rem said, holding her hands together. "Ahaha, that's what Emilia-tan said." Subaru said, grinning. "Because it really is, Subaru. I was pretty surprised when I found out that they were nothing like what the books said back in Lugnica." Emilia said, smiling. "Ram and Rem have been brought to several banquets by Roswaal-sama before and--"
"Nee-sama I know what you wanna say but let me remind you those banquets you've been brought to were held by millionaires and we are all poor students so do not compare those fancy high-class stuffs to ours!!" Subaru shouted, cutting Ram off.

Ram threw him a dark look and folded her arms. "So what do you want from us, Barusu? Are you expecting something ridiculous from us again? Perhaps something like making the dancing somewhat resemble those banquets?" Ram said. "Not exactly but you're getting warmer." Subaru said, standing up. "We need your advice. You four know how those dance parties are like better than any of us. Enlighten me with your wise words and I shall pass your wisdom onto Kaichou and the others." Subaru said, and Emilia and Rem giggled to the last part.